The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can toilets be susceptible to hacking?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How can toilets be susceptible to hacking?
« on: 13/08/2013 11:23:28 »
A Japanese toilet manufacturer has found that their high-tech models are susceptible to hackers...

Read the whole story on our website by clicking here

or Listen to the Story or [download as MP3]
« Last Edit: 13/08/2013 11:23:28 by _system »

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Re: How can toilets be susceptible to hacking?
« Reply #1 on: 16/08/2013 13:10:48 »
OMB!!! (that's computer talk for 'On my bog'.)

Does this mean you need to take your phone when you want to make a deposit? Is there an app for this? There seems to be an app for just about everything else. Imagin that on the 07.45 from Dartford to London Bridge station, or while at lunch in Pizza Express. Its bad enough as it is with loud numbskulls using their mobile at inappropriate times to tell the old man or the Mrs "I'm just having a tuna & mayo salad lunch." Or "I'm in the pet food aisle at Tesco". Now we're going to have to put up with some twerp phoning their rudy bog!
"Flush at hourly intervals with 'eua de Paris' to get rid of that giant turd I squeezed out this morning."

Of course the real worry will be when the bleeding bog rings you!
Ring ring, ring ring

Hello, Richard III speaking.

G-o-o-d  a-f-t-e-r-n-o-o-n  R-i-c-h-a-r-d, t-h-i-s  i-s  y-o-u-r  b-o-g  s-p-e-a-k-i-n-g.  I  m-u-s-t  r-e-p-o-r-t  t-h-a-t  y-o-u-n-g  J-o-h-n  h-a-s  d-o-n-e  a  h-u-g-e   c-r-a-p  w-h-i-c-h  h-a-s  c-a-u-s-e-d  a  b-l-o-c-k-a-g-e,  n-o-t  t-o  m-e-n-t-i-o-n  a  h-o-r-r-i-f-i-c  s-t-e-n-c-h.

B-u-t  d-o  n-o-t  w-o-r-r-y,  I  h-a-v-e  t-a-u-g-h-t  h-i-m  a  l-e-s-s-o-n  h-e  w-i-l-l  n-o-t  f-o-r-g-e-t  i-n  a  h-u-r-r-y.
« Last Edit: 16/08/2013 13:18:57 by Don_1 »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: How can toilets be susceptible to hacking?
« Reply #1 on: 16/08/2013 13:10:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums