The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: alcohol (why is it legal?)  (Read 9561 times)

another_someone

Re: alcohol (why is it legal?)
« Reply #25 on: 14/08/2006 08:07:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by 4getmenot
I didn'r either..i did not know it would go this direction...but now that it is here...what does everyone think? should it be legal since the  drug (alcohol) the worst one IS legal??

I do not condone the use of cannabis, any more than I condone the excessive use of alcohol, but in both cases I think legal prohibition to be counter-productive, and merely brings (or would bring) the law into disrepute, and make the problem the more difficult to deal with.

George

Offline ariel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14/08/2006 16:54:26 »
quote:

I didn'r either..i did not know it would go this direction...but now that it is here...what does everyone think? should it be legal since the  drug (alcohol) the worst one IS legal??

k

I think it should be legal, especially because it seems harmless in comparison to cigarettes and alcohol. The government is just wasting time and money. Everyone does it anyway. haha

ariel
« Last Edit: 14/08/2006 16:54:41 by ariel »

Offline 4getmenot

• Life is one big adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14/08/2006 17:59:44 »
ya know once they figure out how much money they can make on taxes and "high" prices...i am sure they will legalize it...if anything it would boost the grocery store profits and slow people down a bit(which would not be all that bad)

k

Offline ariel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14/08/2006 19:35:40 »
quote:
4getmenot   Posted - 14 Aug 2006 : 17:59:44
ya know once they figure out how much money they can make on taxes and "high" prices...i am sure they will legalize it...if anything it would boost the grocery store profits and slow people down a bit(which would not be all that bad)

k

haha yah
[^]

ariel

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #28 on: 14/08/2006 19:35:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length