The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is dark-matter any relation of anti-matter?  (Read 6769 times)

Offline acsinuk

• View Profile
    • electricmagnofluxuniverse.blogspot.com
Re: Is dark-matter any relation of anti-matter?
« Reply #25 on: 14/10/2013 16:00:17 »
I am speaking generally.  WMAP proved that CDM model does not balance the universe.  We need an additional force of 5G to pull the solar system together.  But because we have been taught that gravity is the only force out there, it has to be assumed that there is extra invisible dark matter in space [which our instruments indicate isn't there] 
Instead, why not consider whether that force could be an electro-magnetic?
CliveS

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14/10/2013 17:11:16 »
Can you link to it Acsinuk?
It sounds interesting, but it you have a EM force co-acting it should be measurable, shouldn't it?

Offline acsinuk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18/10/2013 17:15:23 »
You would think so but I am not so sure!  We know that the solar wind is mostly ionized proton molecules.  Now if they are ionized that means they are being pulled outwards electrically towards our planet and pushed away from the sun by presumably a DC voltage.  But we cant measure that voltage without a really sensitive instrument because the voltage field around the metal spacecraft shorts itself out.   Another thing, we can measure the electrons a little but which way are they flowing?  If the positive ions are moving one way the electrons are sure to be moving in the opposite direction towards the sun.
CliveS

Offline acsinuk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01/11/2013 17:01:32 »
Yor-on
I think I answered the question incorrectly by talking about electrostatics.  From the magnetic point of view the main flux back to the sun will be at the centre of the north and south poles. Our magnetic field is just the leakage flux really.
How to measure the main field may be possible above the poles but not by satellites orbiting elsewhere or at the lagrange points
CliveS

Online Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03/11/2013 16:06:41 »
IMHO,...........Dark matter may only be similar to anti-matter in that, they both are gravitationally active. While the verdict is still out, I suspect that Dark matter is gravitationally observed because it exists extra dimensionally. That idea means that; While we can observe the gravitational interactions, we can't see any of the electromagnetic radiation. We may be seeing evidence here for the existence of a parallel universe or, more likely, evidence for string theory.
« Last Edit: 05/11/2013 17:31:38 by Ethos_ »

Offline acsinuk

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05/11/2013 17:15:35 »
Yes, dark matter appears to be gravitational because it has an extra force that is needed to balance the CDM model.  But it is the force that balances the CDM model not the presence of dark matter.  I accept that both matter and anti-matter are attracted together by gravity.
CliveS

Offline spartaman64

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15/11/2013 03:14:23 »
I there was an abundance of antimatter in the universe there would be a great deal of gamma radiation at 511 kev due to its annihilation with matter of course this is not seen.
Antimatter reacts with electromagnetic radiation in the same way as normal matter hence it would not be dark !.
If there was an abundance of antimatter we would be dead.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #31 on: 15/11/2013 03:14:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length