The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why Materialism Is False ? :  (Read 11549 times)

Offline SimpleEngineer

• View Profile
Re: Why Materialism Is False ? :
« Reply #25 on: 01/11/2013 10:39:44 »
But , science proper does in fact deal only with the observable , empirical ...science can therefore not consider the whole reality as just a matter of physics and chemistry = materialism has been making science go beyond its own scientific method ,and beyond science's realm and jurisdiction .
Get that ?
If you want to read that whole book of Sheldrake on the subject , just give me a sign , and i will provide you with a free  and safe  download link ...Deal ?
All those materialist dogmatic belief assumptions dominating in all sciences ,as Sheldrake talked about and more , are in fact just extensions of materialism in science : materialist extensions such as the materialist belief assumption that "the mind is in the brain, memory is stored in the brain ...." .

Ah, so what you are saying is, that you and others believe that there is more to the universe than what science can observe?

I probably would agree with you, but its not fair to stop scientist keep trying to observe everything they can.. are we not just following the laws of sherlock holmes? "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Scientists in general just try to eliminate the impossible.. if it is possible.. then it becomes true science..

(But in general I do agree with you, I really do believe there are things science will never understand, such as Sods Law.. ;) )

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01/11/2013 17:26:38 »

Don says "The following article does not necessarily reflect my own opinions or views on the subject", so there's no point in refuting it, but Don will keep posting and posting it again to support his hysterical aversion to Science which can "say nothing" about the other side of reality.

I said cristal-clearly why that article does not reflect all my views or opinions on the subject .
I am pro-science , that goes without saying , you have no idea, only idiots fools or ignorants can be against science for that matter  : i just reject materialism in science , that's all .
I do reject the fact also that modern science has been reducing reality as a whole to just  physics and chemistry , thanks to materialism .
While science should in fact only deal with the observable, empirical ..part of reality .
The rest does "fall " outside of both science's realm and outside of science's jurisdiction as well thus .
« Last Edit: 01/11/2013 17:38:03 by DonQuichotte »

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01/11/2013 17:35:16 »
But , science proper does in fact deal only with the observable , empirical ...science can therefore not consider the whole reality as just a matter of physics and chemistry = materialism has been making science go beyond its own scientific method ,and beyond science's realm and jurisdiction .
Get that ?
If you want to read that whole book of Sheldrake on the subject , just give me a sign , and i will provide you with a free  and safe  download link ...Deal ?
All those materialist dogmatic belief assumptions dominating in all sciences ,as Sheldrake talked about and more , are in fact just extensions of materialism in science : materialist extensions such as the materialist belief assumption that "the mind is in the brain, memory is stored in the brain ...." .

Ah, so what you are saying is, that you and others believe that there is more to the universe than what science can observe?

I probably would agree with you, but its not fair to stop scientist keep trying to observe everything they can.. are we not just following the laws of sherlock holmes? "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Scientists in general just try to eliminate the impossible.. if it is possible.. then it becomes true science..

(But in general I do agree with you, I really do believe there are things science will never understand, such as Sods Law.. ;) )

No, you do not get it yet , my friend :
Modern science has been reducing reality as a whole to just physics and chemistry , to just material physical biological processes , thanks to materialism .
While science should in fact only try to deal with the observable , empirical ...the rest "falls" both outside science's jurisdiction and outside science's realm .

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10/11/2013 18:13:08 »
It all comes down to the following  :
All the malaise at the very heart of science can be summarised by this lethal error that has been made in all sciences and elsewhere , thanks to materialism :
Reality as a whole is just material or physical .
As long as all sciences will continue looking at reality just through one eye , or rather through just the materialist key hole version of reality , as long as all sciences thus will continue to look at reality as a whole just via one eye , the materialist one , while assuming that the other eye is non-existent , then , all sciences will just give us a distortion of reality as a whole .
In short :
Reality as a whole is not just material or physical, as the false materialist mainstream 'scientific world view " has been assuming it to be for so long now .

So, when all sciences will start including the mental side of reality which they have been missing ,or which they have been reducing to just the physical or material , well, then and only then , all sciences might be able to reveal some more deeper and more fundamental forms of causation that might be underlying the laws of physics themselves , who knows ?

Then, all sciences will see reality as a whole , life in general , human language , consciousness ,evolution , and the rest from much wider angles, via science's both eyes , so to speak thus  :
Even evolution itself  cannot be just biological or physical material as a result , the same goes for the origins of life ,its evolution and emergence  ,the same goes for  the origins of human language....and the rest .

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20/11/2013 19:35:21 »
Only idiots , fools , ignorant people or ...materialists would deny the fact that materialism is false , and hence the  current  "scientific world view " is also false ,logically .

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/Trunko
« Reply #30 on: 20/11/2013 21:08:43 »
Even if materialism is false, that statement is still an example of the ad hominem fallacy.

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20/11/2013 21:35:03 »
My E-mail has changed several times since I've joined up here. If you want to send me something, try this (I'm going to try to type it in an unusual way in an attempt to foil any spambots that might be cruising the board):

First you type "kryptidinthewoods", then that little "at" symbol, then "gmail" then "dot com".

Offline Supercryptid

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21/11/2013 20:09:17 »
But you're not arguing against science. You admit as much yourself. You're just arguing against the modern scientific community's worldview. It's important to remember that each individual scientist is going to have views that are slightly different from one-another. Some scientists are religious. Surely those particular scientists are not materialists.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21/11/2013 20:09:54 »

The man is brilliant ...

I doubt Rupert thinks the same of you : posting links to "free" pirated copies of his ebooks, (for which people should be coughing up $10 for ), on top of posting long excerpts of his verbiage in this forum ...

Quote from: Morphic resonance : the nature of formative causation / Rupert Sheldrake. 4th, rev.
Originally published in the United Kingdom by Blond and Briggs in 1981 under the title A New Science of Life: The Hypothesis of Formative Causation ...

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
« Last Edit: 21/11/2013 21:55:45 by RD »

Offline DonQuichotte

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21/11/2013 21:08:40 »
I have just erased those links to the free ebooks of Sheldrake, since no one here deserves to get them  for free  .

RD:   you should do the same , by removing that link you quoted while condemning that = a paradox .
« Last Edit: 21/11/2013 21:11:01 by DonQuichotte »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #34 on: 21/11/2013 21:08:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums