The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How to overcome the side effects of diet pills?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline robertbroad2

• First timers
    • View Profile
    • phen375 ingredients
How to overcome the side effects of diet pills?
« on: 18/11/2013 04:28:04 »
Hi,

guys I am 26 years old and 360 lbs weight, I have take some diet pills for weight loss, now i am suffering from headache, body pain.
help me how to discomfit the side effects of diet pills?

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to overcome the side effects of diet pills?
« Reply #1 on: 18/11/2013 06:30:05 »
What medication are you taking?
For how long?
Have you lost any weight?

Each country may have different diet medications available.  Most diet pills in the USA are marginal at best.
  • Amphetamine (speed) based diet pills presumably were effective, but are strong stimulants, and addictive.  No longer available in the USA
  • Fen-Phen (Fenfluramine / phentermine) was relatively effective, but caused dangerous problems with heart valves.
  • There is some debate about diet sodas.  Some people believe they stimulate hunger, and thus don't help with weight loss.
  • Most other diet medications are little better than placebo.  Some function best if one ceases eating several hours before bed (perhaps one is best off just not eating). 

Anyway, it is encouraged to mix diet and exercise, and learn to eat healthy, and in small portions.  Vegetables and salads (without added dressings, or low fat dressings) are generally considered healthy, and low calorie.  Wheat, grains, and nuts are high calorie. 

Personally, I find some fruits that are poorly digested can be filling and good diet supplements.  For example Himalayan Blackberries, and Plums or Prunes.

This can be a long and hard process.  Don't just look for a magic pill.

Good luck
« Last Edit: 18/11/2013 06:45:11 by CliffordK »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: How to overcome the side effects of diet pills?
« Reply #1 on: 18/11/2013 06:30:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums