The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why does Windows 8.1 produce graphics problems when first started?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I find that this system it a little troublesome when it first starts up the text on the screen is rather small and one cannot open "display" to adjust it, if one closes down and restarts all is back to normal.
Different versions of Nvidia driver for the 8400GS card do not help nor does waiting till the internet connection is fully established.
This does not happen with windows 8.0 or windows 7

« Last Edit: 23/11/2013 10:37:29 by chris »

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: System 8.1 annomaly
« Reply #1 on: 22/11/2013 20:17:22 »
This apparently stems from my efforts to try and stay clear of too much Microsoft connection if I use the recommended sign on via my Microsoft account it does not happen or if I go thru the motions of switching accounts it clears without restarting.
I have a relay fitted to cut the power when I do a software shutdown and if I disable this so that the power stays on to the computer this problem does not arise but I like to have the power really off to the printer, scanner and monitor when I shutdown.

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
There seems to be no real cure that a client can do I bit the bullet and installed the latest retail version of Windows 8.1 and found everything works beautifully almost as good as XP32 ! 

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums