The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Magneto electro-static aerodynamic craft  (Read 10021 times)

Offline ScientificSorcerer

• View Profile
Magneto electro-static aerodynamic craft
« on: 03/12/2013 23:47:55 »
When it comes to UFO mythology, one aspect remains consistent through many UFO encounters. Radiation.

when a UFO crashes or lands the military immediately shows up with guys in radiation suits and Geiger-counters seemingly scanning the area for high levels of radiation. But why?

it is commonly theorized that if an object goes into space it comes into contact with radioactive charged particles and when it comes to earth the ship is radioactive, and then the Geiger-counters pick up the trace amounts of radiation left by UFO as radioactive particles fall off of the ship.

But could the radiation be part of the UFOs propulsion system? maybe, UFO mythology says that UFOs are strongly magnetic. Magnets have the ability to deflect radioactive charge particles, so if a UFO is strongly magnetic then it would deflect any radiation it comes into contact with, thus it wouldn't make sense for The UFO to pick up radiation from space. Instead I theorize that the UFO emits radiation as part of its propulsion system.

for example, what if a the strong magnetic craft emitted alpha particles from the top of the ship, wouldn't the charged, fast moving helium nuclei be bent in a ring shape down tho the bottom of the ship (while at the same time being accelerated) and bombard the bottom of the ship pushing the ship forward with a low continuous thrust without power consumption? similar to this

Unfortunately Iv'e been unable to find out what kinds of radiation UFOs actually emit despite all the stories, so if anyone knows what type of radiation is often found near UFO landings your insight would be greatly appreciated.

in a similar way could you ionize air with high voltage to make ion wind, and sense the charged air is moving then it generate a magnetic field, would the charged air be bent in a ring and accelerated? as as external magnet moves the air. So moving the charged air would make the magnetic field of the air stronger thus accelerating the air?

In a similar way could you pass a current through water and have a strong magnet move the water and exellerate the craft?

So any ship using this method of propulsion would have the ability to travel through space, fly in the air and dive under water and still have propulsion through all three mediums. This explains UFOs and USOs as the same thing (they use the same propulsion method.)

so In the end I theorize that the UFO is remarkably simple and energy efficient, as the only energy consumed By the ufo comes from ion wind, the strong magnet utilizes all of the kinetic energy of the ion wind, unlike Ion thrusts which wastes a lot of the Kinetic energy found in ion winds.

Many of you out there think that ion wind is a weak force, and probably not to energy efficient. But as it turns out, ion wind is the most energy efficient propulsion method known to man, in fact it's over 50 times as energy efficient as jets. as in thrust per kilowatt  http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2013/ionic-thrusters-0403.html

the problem with ion wind is that most of the energy generated by the wind flies away from the ship and that energy is wasted
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 20:30:25 by ScientificSorcerer »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Magneto electro-static aerodynamic craft
« Reply #1 on: 04/12/2013 02:14:32 »
it is commonly theorized that if an object goes into space it comes into contact with radioactive charged particles and when it comes to earth the ship is radioactive, and then the Geiger-counters pick up the trace amounts of radiation left by UFO as radioactive particles fall off of the ship.

Meteorites, (which have been in space), are no more radioactive than terrestrial rocks.

... so if anyone knows what type of radiation is often found near UFO landings your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Crop circles test positive for cider :)

[ BTW your picture above is too wide for this page , 800 pixels wide is the usual maximum ]
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 02:26:19 by RD »

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/12/2013 07:42:51 »
The B2 bomber uses magneto electrostatic technology to bend air around the ship thus making the ship more aerodynamic, but it's not radioactive, it charges the fast moving air coming out of the jets to make electro magnetic air, then oppositely charges the front of the wings to pull air from around the wings backward, this "cushions" the wings and it softens or perhaps eliminates sonic boom.

It cuts away air resistance by bending the air with electricity (ion winds)
Look at this link for more info: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_flyingobjects44.htm

The article calmed that its antigravity but its not, it's just a clever use of ion winds.

But you should look into mr.Thomas Townsend Brown, he was the original UFO scientist who came up with the idea about 100 years ago plus a great deal of other devices like the ion thruster and those little aluminum foil ion wind lifters.

Mr.RD I want to ask you if you know anything about the work of Thomas t. Brown? Also, how would you make a lot of ion wind? (Or fast moving ionized air)

One last thing: It's my understanding that you can exellerate charged particles in a magnetic field but how?  It's my guess that a charged, moving particle is acted apon by a magnetic field do to JxB force and as the magnetic field "moves" the charged particle it increases the particle's speed and thus it's magnetic flux, in turn making the JxB force stronger and stronger. Am I right by assuming this?

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/12/2013 08:08:08 »
It's possible to increase lift of a wing by accelerating the airflow over the top ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FanWing
But I've never seen this attempted with electric fields (electro-aerodynamic_pumping) ,
I doubt the additional breeze created by an electric field would make much of a difference to performance ...

Quote from: wikipedia.org/Magnetoplasmadynamic_thruster
MPD technology also has the potential for thrust levels of up to 200 newtons (N) ...
One big problem is that power requirements on the order of hundreds of kilowatts are required for optimum performance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoplasmadynamic_thruster

I doubt the B2 could generate "hundreds of kilowatts" of electricity, and 200N is a lousy 20Kg.

[ PS how about resizing your image here to 800 pixels wide so people can read this thread without having to use horizontal scroll bar ]
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 09:02:24 by RD »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/12/2013 20:43:01 »
Yeah, the force generated is very weak, but there must be a way to make the ion wind force more powerful, the only way I can think of that would make the force more powerful is by accelerating the air particles. With strong magnets and pulses of electric power.

Or something, how would you accelerate ionized air molecules? In a way that provides lift.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/12/2013 22:20:15 »
The ion-drive is only going to work in the vacuum of space, even then the performance is disappointing compared with conventional rockets ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrically_powered_spacecraft_propulsion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/12/2013 03:40:04 »
I beg to differ, Ion "Thrusters" will only work in space. take a look at this diagram

imagine the top of the ship being highly positively charged and the bottom being negatively charged. then imagine a strong magnetic field around the ship generated by a toroid coil (superconducting)

as to generate a "side-ways magnetic field" like the dia-magnetic field around charged wires, which would be perpendicular to the ion current flow, this will direct the moving positive ions downward toward the bottom of the ship and deflect the negative ions from reaching the top of the ship (pushing them downward) thus air would be sucked downward from the top of the ship and placed below the craft, creating low pressure on top of the ship and high pressure on bottom generating lift.

also extra power could come from alpha particles on the top electrode and beta particles on the negative electrode
the princible is the same, exept radio active particles are "high energy" that emit without power consumption.
What do you think about that?
« Last Edit: 05/12/2013 04:20:21 by ScientificSorcerer »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/12/2013 04:51:39 »
I beg to differ, Ion "Thrusters" will only work in space ...

If an ion thruster requires "hundreds of kilowatts* " to produce 200N lift then unless you can produce a power generator capable generating that amount of energy which weighs less than 20Kg then it isn't going to leave Earth ,  but could be used to [slowly] accelerate a craft in space where there is only micro-gravity.

The lifter toys wouldn't fly if they had to carry their power source. 

[ * that's the power of an "18 wheeler" truck engine ]
« Last Edit: 05/12/2013 05:05:50 by RD »

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/12/2013 05:23:46 »
I'm not talking about lifters, lifters use only an electric force (no magnets are involved) My Idea is similar to magneto-hydrodynamics, in which you pass a current through water then use a perpendicular magnetic field to push the water useing the lorentz force.

the difference is that instead of passing current through water, you pass current through air.
look at this link, it explains a lot: http://coronalab.net/wxzl/chen_impedance.pdf

they call it One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma (OAUGDP)

PS: its basically 2 oppositely charged tesla coils put close to each other (on figure 2) that confused me at first hope this helps
« Last Edit: 05/12/2013 05:29:11 by ScientificSorcerer »

Offline brannath

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31/12/2014 16:57:37 »
I'm not sure what your level of education is on this topic, or where you first picked up on it, but the federal government has been working on this concept for I believe decades.  There was actually a show on the Discovery Channel about using a plasma stream as a low drag environment for aircraft in the atmosphere about 15 years ago.  I did not get to tape it, so I set up to tape the re-airing of it.  The next day it was off the schedule.  I called the Discovery Channel to see when they would air it again and they said they weren't sure which show I was talking about and that they hadn't aired anything like that!!!  The government certainly did not want that info public. 

The whole concept, which I believe is now a reality with certain military aircraft, is quite fascinating and definitely along the right lines of pushing aircraft speeds beyond was what previously thought possible inside the atmosphere.  Planes no longer have to go to the heights of the Blackbird to hit unbelievable supersonic speeds.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #9 on: 31/12/2014 16:57:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums