The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Gravitation and heat generation  (Read 6120 times)

Offline alan hess

• View Profile
Re: Gravitation and heat generation
« Reply #25 on: 08/04/2014 12:53:08 »
While I agree with you if there is a direct link between the photon and the graviton, I don't believe it's a gluon type of nature. The photon has a spin of one, in the graviton has a spin of 2. They are capable of traveling together with no interference, they would even have the same frequency. They are released, reflected or absorbed. at the same time.

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08/04/2014 20:00:12 »
While I agree with you if there is a direct link between the photon and the graviton, I don't believe it's a gluon type of nature. The photon has a spin of one, in the graviton has a spin of 2. They are capable of traveling together with no interference, they would even have the same frequency. They are released, reflected or absorbed. at the same time.

It is just one theory of many at the moment. Getting back to the topic of this post. While I had found that there would be an effect at the centre of gravity it would actually be negligible as a 9.78 g would be radially distributing in 3 dimensions. Whilst producing a small amount of oscillation it would not generate a significant amount of heat.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #26 on: 08/04/2014 20:00:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums