The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Bridezilla Behaviour..Stress Relief..4 fun  (Read 25960 times)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: Bridezilla Behaviour..Stress Relief..4 fun
« Reply #25 on: 09/08/2006 05:28:35 »
I know Jody....Everyone has flight booked and will be setting up a meeting with this nervous bride to be as her sisters are all calling me and asking me to talk with her...I will pad myself down with bubble wrap as she may want to poke at me and I need protection...but as I am one of the 2 outsiders in this shindig...I better go prepared...I am strategizing...I will have Toni and Robin on speaking terms and Tony will be along beside me up in front with the rest of the brides party!

Whew...it is scary at this point..Bride to be has called me 7 TIMES today!  She has me going to Oklahoma City a night earlier...and has 15,000 things for me to do as she can rely on me!  AAGGHH!

"Lo" Loretta
« Last Edit: 09/08/2006 05:32:53 by moonfire »

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09/08/2006 05:32:34 »
11 days left until the big event...biting my nails as I get ready to talk to bridezilla...geez, I hope she comes to terms that we have to come to an agreement before ending all conversation!  She will be in town for a moment on Saturday afternoon and back to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma...aagghh!  I have one hour to perform a miracle...God you have to help me now!  I have heard from almost all the family that is in the bridal party...what in the world?  I guess they think I can walk on water...I have only done that momentarily on ice??  And of course, I have fallen down too!  Holding breath as Saturday is approaching quickly and prayerfully Robin will listen to me as I will listen to her first.

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09/08/2006 15:23:27 »
You'll do great.  I love the bubble-wrap idea!  Once she gets her mind off "who's right and who's wrong and who is being mean to whom", and back on how much she loves her sisters and friends, she'll be fine.  You'll have her laughing in no time. :D

Of course she has 15,000 things for you to do.  That's what friends are for!  ;) Go get 'em, girl!

BTW, the wedding is in Oklahoma City.  Where are you?  Also, how old is this girl?

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10/08/2006 06:31:29 »
Hi Jody!  Yep, I was thinking bubblewrap, but may need heavier armour...maybe?  I hope I have her laughing and realizing that she is stressed passed the 10th level...I am in Irving, Texas.  This girl is 43...where are you?

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10/08/2006 16:55:38 »
WOW, we were practically neighbors!  I used to live in Fort Worth.  My mom, who lives with my brother and his family, lives in Lipan (just a little southwest of FW, near Granbury.)  I lived there 6 years, then moved to Racine, Wisconsin in 2000.

So what now?  Cover the bubble-wrap with aluminum foil?  LOL!  I'd have to say, at 43, Bridezilla should know better!!

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 11/08/2006 07:51:44 »
I know..she is my age and she did not call me nor has she emailed us...consultant is emailing us as she is probably editing every word that is either an expletive or something..yikes...saturday is around the corner for my little chat...wish me well here!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11/08/2006 14:47:28 »
Rah! Rah! Sis-boom-bah!  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, LORETTA!

You get 'em, girl!!

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12/08/2006 05:40:52 »
LOL  Just love your spirit Jody!  ;-)  I am a bit nervous as I am not sure what state or condition she is in today...she has not called or emailed...consultant is doing it now...whew!  I have just left her a message to confirm our appointed time tomorrow afternoon before I go dancing!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13/08/2006 05:36:33 »
8 Days left....Meeting time with the Bridezilla!

Okay, I survived the Bridezilla test...whew!  Met with Ms. Robin, who was at least at the 10th level of stress...after agreeing to what our terms was before we spoke, I noticed that she had this certain glaze in her eyes as if she was there, but not...she rattled off another 100 or 200 things she wanted me to do.  I rationalized with her that she is very stressed and needed all of her family and friends support.  Finally, talked her into Toni coming back to the bridal party as it will be uneven and besides, by the time someone gets another dress she will be married, the pictures won't look right, and one of the groomsmen will walk alone unless he goes with the flower girls and ring bearer??  She agreed, called Toni and talked to her and she finally agreed...whew, she was the easy one...I am still in awe why her consultant hasn't tried to talk to her about it???  Oh, well, I had accomplished what needed to be done and have extra things to do when I make it to Oklahoma City Friday...aagghh!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14/08/2006 04:07:45 »
7 Days left...the groom to be...

Ahhh, bridezilla struck again!  They were having a nice meal at a restaurant and we got word that she left him there...aagghh!  Robin!!!!  I am virtually shaking her!  His sister had to pick him up and tried to talk to her on the cellie...she screamed at her and said you take him home...oh boy...heard she was mad at him as he hasn't done a thing(which isn't true) besides honeymoon location, he and his fellas started the tux process out and they are ready to be picked up the day of the event....gosh, we may not have an event if this keeps up...whew!

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14/08/2006 14:10:21 »
Um, didn't I see all of this in "Father of the Bride."  Is Robin's goal to live out an old Hollywood movie?  [?]

The consultant probably hasn't talked to her about all of this because she's SCARED of her!!  (I would be! ;))

You get a big gold star for being such a great friend.  (You should also be getting "combat pay."  I'll talk to the Pentagon, see what I can do.  :D)

Hang in there!!! [:X]

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21/08/2006 01:30:52 »
The Saga of Bridezilla has finally ended...

Arrived in OKC, Bridezilla and my job blew up my phone alot on the road...aagghh!  Bridezilla was awfully demanding, but we finally met her expectations of doing this and that.  She was the most beautiful bride the day of her wedding...she wept and wept..we had to calm her down while she was getting ready...we wept with her during moments of this preparation time.  Her groom called and also sent her a beautiful gift some diamond earrings to tell her thank you for marrying him.  She broke down and cried...they talked on the phone 5 minutes...but bridezilla turned into a beauty no more beast after wedding was over...she was her normal self..and off to Aruba they have went!  

Anyone else have an experience like this????  aagghh!  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21/08/2006 14:56:03 »
I've seen some emotional brides (in fact, my dad had to give me a valium the night before my wedding), but Bridezilla takes the cake!  I'm so glad it turned out well in the end.  You'll be laughing about this for years!  You should get a medal.  "Valor above and beyond the call of duty."  Everybody should have a friend like you!  :D

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22/08/2006 03:47:20 »
We have decided (the wedding party)to do a video and read the emails we all have received by timestamp order...I was not the only one who received emails...lol  We are going to roast her 1 month after this beautiful wedding to tell her how silly she was...LOL  I do recall seeing the wedding consultant outside in the lounge area drinking some sort of alcohol!  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22/08/2006 17:44:42 »
It was probably straight burbon with a rye chaser!  ;)  LOL!  Do you have a picture of the bride?  I'd love to see it.  In fact, I'd love to see one of you, too.

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23/08/2006 05:55:35 »
Not yet...brides pics won't be out for two more months...I dodged all pics except the group ones...I do not like pics...but there is bits of me in the rogue gallery, from the cow in Prince Edward Island, boat that raced in America's Cup which I was 8 sizes bigger and 86.5lbs heavier at that time with exboyfriend and a few other people in the entourage I was with, and my Alaska pic...I will post the next one soon since son thought I looked pretty nice in my little Sunday dress and had to get my pic...lol

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23/08/2006 14:26:17 »
Well, I found the Rogues' Gallery, but none of the pictures come up here on the office computer (we have "anti-surfing" watchdogs that limit our abilities.  Nuts.)  I'll have to look them up when I get home.  Got temporary internet access in the home office with a dial-up company.  Slower than molasses, but better than no access at all! :)

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23/08/2006 14:30:27 »
okay, yep, firewalls...have to love'em...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23/08/2006 17:46:50 »
Firewalls.  [xx(]:([:(!]

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 23/08/2006 20:58:23 »
All in prospective, if it was your computer and you are doing business lil Jody...firewall protection helps keep your computer from being attacked as much...by those insy little you know whats....lol

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 23/08/2006 22:22:26 »
Good point.  Generally speaking, I loath computers.  But then, without a computer, I wouldn't have met all of you!  :D

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23/08/2006 22:48:32 »
So true.  We are so glad you have met us too..now let's stir up some trouble.

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22/08/2006 17:44:42 »
It was probably straight burbon with a rye chaser!  ;)  LOL!  Do you have a picture of the bride?  I'd love to see it.  In fact, I'd love to see one of you, too.

Jody

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 23/08/2006 05:55:35 »
Not yet...brides pics won't be out for two more months...I dodged all pics except the group ones...I do not like pics...but there is bits of me in the rogue gallery, from the cow in Prince Edward Island, boat that raced in America's Cup which I was 8 sizes bigger and 86.5lbs heavier at that time with exboyfriend and a few other people in the entourage I was with, and my Alaska pic...I will post the next one soon since son thought I looked pretty nice in my little Sunday dress and had to get my pic...lol

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23/08/2006 14:26:17 »
Well, I found the Rogues' Gallery, but none of the pictures come up here on the office computer (we have "anti-surfing" watchdogs that limit our abilities.  Nuts.)  I'll have to look them up when I get home.  Got temporary internet access in the home office with a dial-up company.  Slower than molasses, but better than no access at all! :)

Jody

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 23/08/2006 14:26:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums