The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: ganja!  (Read 26531 times)

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
Re: ganja!
« Reply #100 on: 28/08/2006 16:48:02 »
Hi Robert
I know all about Bob
I was lucky to see him live in July 1980 at Brighton.
My Surgeon is one of the best in England He knows I smoke Weed he tells me what ever relieves you pain TAKE IT
One Love
Bob

Offline ariel

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 28/08/2006 22:15:58 »
Rastaman, I'm kind of curious myself...more of what Robert was asking.
It is really concerning if you your doctors know you use marijuana... its; how do you go through these treatments while still adhering to the beliefs of rastafarians?

I have recently become quite interested in this religion (or way of life as rastafarians claim it to be).
rastaman, can I inquire about what made you decide to become a rastafarian?

ariel

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 29/08/2006 14:13:20 »
Ariel
Rasta have their own ways of sorting their problems out!!
I am a white male but I am very influenced by the Rasta Movement.
tell me would you rather take 16 painkillers a day or One good Spliff at night.
my Doctor and surgeon know I use it (No Problem)
one love
Rataman
XX

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 29/08/2006 14:47:36 »
Here though I trod through this valley
I will fear no evil
I will fear no evil   Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
'Cause I know
Jah guide, Jah guide, Jah guide
Jah guide, Jah guide I through this valley
And I know he will
When I'm trodding through this valley
I know he will

Though my enemies fight me everyday
I will fear no evil
Though my enemies set traps in my way
Still I will fear no evil

'Cause Jah guide, Jah guide, Jah guide
And I know he will
I know he will

Many pretty workers dig pits every day
But I don't fear no evil
Oh te pretty workers fight me everyday

And I know he will
I know he will   
Pestilence lurks in dark places
And I fear no evil
Destruction walk with smiling faces
Still I will fear no evil   Psalm 91:5-6 - Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
And I know he will
I know he will

When I'm walking the streets - I know he will
When I'm smoking my pipe - I know he will
When I'm trodding the earth - I know he will
When I'm driving the road - I know he will
When they dig pits in my way - I know he will
When they fight me everyday - I know he will
When they try to keep me down -
read the bible
its good
One Love
Rastaman
XX

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 29/08/2006 14:48:20 »
I will fear no evil
I will fear no evil   Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
'Cause I know
Jah guide, Jah guide, Jah guide
And I know he will
I know he will

Though my enemies fight me everyday
I will fear no evil
Though my enemies set traps in my way

And I know he will
I know he will

Many pretty workers dig pits every day
But I don't fear no evil
Oh te pretty workers fight me everyday

And I know he will
I know he will   
Pestilence lurks in dark places
And I fear no evil
Destruction walk with smiling faces
Still I will fear no evil   Psalm 91:5-6 - Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
And I know he will
I know he will

When I'm walking the streets - I know he will
When I'm smoking my pipe - I know he will
When I'm trodding the earth - I know he will
When I'm driving the road - I know he will
When they dig pits in my way - I know he will
When they fight me everyday - I know he will
When they try to keep me down -
read the bible
its good
One Love
Rastaman
XX

another_someone

« Reply #105 on: 29/08/2006 17:02:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by otis01
I say keep it illegal: its the only way to keep it safe. Once it is legalized, and large business has an opportunity to profit from it, you wouldn't want to smoke a B laced with all the crap they add to cigarettes.

It already is in the hands of big business - but it is criminal business.  Much rather it was legal, and subject to strict licensing conditions.

George

another_someone

« Reply #106 on: 29/08/2006 17:06:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by ukmicky
Keep it illegal

but If people wish to smoke it then i wouldn't condemn them as drinking in my opinion is far worse.

So if you are not condemning these people, then why would you condemn them to having a criminal record?

quote:

Its bad sides totally out-way its good points which is in general only the happy feeling you only get in the beginning when you first start smoking it or during the the first joint, but most people sooner or later give up once they grow up and realize how it affecting their mind, health, bank balance and lives and find it very easy to do so provided they smoke cigarette's to overcome the nicotine addition.
If you don't smoke cigarettes then you will feel the same withdrawal that a cigarette smokier gets when they give up.

Not tried it myself, but in general I would not have any argument with the above; but is saying that something is bad of itself sufficient reason to turn otherwise merely slightly misguided citizens into criminals?

George

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #107 on: 30/08/2006 01:15:08 »
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ukmicky
Keep it illegal

but If people wish to smoke it then i wouldn't condemn them as drinking in my opinion is far worse.

So if you are not condemning these people, then why would you condemn them to having a criminal record?

quote:

Its bad sides totally out-way its good points which is in general only the happy feeling you only get in the beginning when you first start smoking it or during the the first joint, but most people sooner or later give up once they grow up and realize how it affecting their mind, health, bank balance and lives and find it very easy to do so provided they smoke cigarette's to overcome the nicotine addition.
If you don't smoke cigarettes then you will feel the same withdrawal that a cigarette smokier gets when they give up.

Not tried it myself, but in general I would not have any argument with the above; but is saying that something is bad of itself sufficient reason to turn otherwise merely slightly misguided citizens into criminals?

George

Because if you make it legal then you increase its availability which would be bad for the future of our children and the country.

People who first smoke cigarettes and then start dabbling with weed often allow the weed to take over from the cigarettes to the point where everything they smoke contains it if their supply of the drug is good and unrestricted.

This would lead too problems as too many children these days smoke cigarettes and for many of them smoking weed is like a natural progression but  something at the moment which they only do occasionally as amount they smoke is restricted due to its limited availability and cost.  
Make it legal and increase its availability to the level of normal cigarettes and that crafty fag in the school toilets will more commonly become that crafty joint.

This would totally destroy the futures of many children as schoolwork and weed donít go together even in small amounts.

It may not be a perfect but life ain't perfect and sometimes steps have to be taken to protect the few who are not mature or sensible enough to protect themselves.
« Last Edit: 30/08/2006 01:23:21 by ukmicky »

Offline weed4me

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 30/08/2006 14:21:16 »
although making it legal would allow for it to be taxed, as mentioned above, there is no reason why the age restrictions for buying legal weed couldn't be raised to say...21+. if it was 16 like cigarettes, then yeah, kids would be smoking weed like it was going out of fashion, i was the same at school, buying smokes as young as 14...simply because i LOOKED old enough.
I think we should keep it illegal. police dont mind seen as it takes too long for them to fill out the paperwork to charge you for possession, (unless of course you've just scored 3 ounces from your local dealer) and the goverment dont really care seen as they get a certain cut (donations so to speak) for allowing shipments in. of course they arent allowing it in freely, far from it, but enough to keep the balance. Id love to know if anyone has any info on how much black market money our goverment gets a percentage of. i know it exists, and evidence of goverment supported weed growing happened in the US during WW2 as some people may know..whether it still happens im not so sure.
Although maybe we should go the same road as canada, allow people with chronic ilnesses to grow and use it. THATS actually benifiting mankind, not just getting them trashed as some of us often do lol

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."

Offline weed4me

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 30/08/2006 14:21:16 »
although making it legal would allow for it to be taxed, as mentioned above, there is no reason why the age restrictions for buying legal weed couldn't be raised to say...21+. if it was 16 like cigarettes, then yeah, kids would be smoking weed like it was going out of fashion, i was the same at school, buying smokes as young as 14...simply because i LOOKED old enough.
I think we should keep it illegal. police dont mind seen as it takes too long for them to fill out the paperwork to charge you for possession, (unless of course you've just scored 3 ounces from your local dealer) and the goverment dont really care seen as they get a certain cut (donations so to speak) for allowing shipments in. of course they arent allowing it in freely, far from it, but enough to keep the balance. Id love to know if anyone has any info on how much black market money our goverment gets a percentage of. i know it exists, and evidence of goverment supported weed growing happened in the US during WW2 as some people may know..whether it still happens im not so sure.
Although maybe we should go the same road as canada, allow people with chronic ilnesses to grow and use it. THATS actually benifiting mankind, not just getting them trashed as some of us often do lol

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."

Offline TheHerbaholic

• View Profile
ganja!
« Reply #110 on: 27/04/2008 19:25:23 »
Weed isn't imported here, cocaine is. Weed is grown in houses, or in spare rooms in houses. The problem with it though is this... When growing it the growers spray the windows, with a chemical that keeps the atmosphere in the room the same, and so you can't detect the heat off the windows or ceelings with police helicopters. This spray has lil beads of glass of it. And it gets onto the crop. Then when they cut the crop, it looks like the white hairs that is on the bud anyway. So the street dealers can say 'look at the white crystals on it thats the THC that gets u stoned'. Making it look good, when its not, its glass. Then when you smoke it hot beads of glass go into your lungs and over years they make massive holes in your lungs.. So basicly, what you want to know if you're going to smoke weed is WHERE IS IT GROWN AND HOW. If you don't know this, please do not become a heavy smoker because its much more damaging to you than cigarettes are. The roach you put in a spliff doesn't get rid off the other nasty chemicals like a cigarettes filter does ither. This is why it SHOULD BE LEGAL, so you can buy prerolled filtered spliffs.
Aswell as that reason for it being legal, growers are actually cross breeding plants and genetically altering them to make it alot more potent than the 'natural' strains. The weed you smoke is not natural, it has been altered by man. This is why alot more people are turning into skitzophrenics off it, and going mad.

For me personally, I started smoking weed when I was 14. And that was a few spliffs with my mates, every few days. It remained the same untill I was about 17. Then I started to become paranoid thinking people where staring at me, or talking about me when they where talking about something is because the words they spoke related to me... I realised this, and then stopped smoking it. Now when I have a spliff I get exactly the same, unless I'm drunk. When I'm drunk it just 'blesses' me lol, like it did when I first started smoking it. This is just something to do with how the brain works, and the next day I feel fine. But I am 20 now, and in my years of smoking it I have noticed the strength of it get alot stronger. I used to smoke a full spliff, with the weed covering all the tobacco, and still do. But have noticed the effects are different. If it was legal it would be a more of relaxed sence of high, rather than the paranoid one, because the weed would be less potent.
Also weed DOES lead to harder drugs, I've tried cocaine, and extasy. But I only do them if I'm at a rave, or somewhere I won't end up talking madness to some random person I don't know lol..
I have seen alot of people I went to school with, who will do cocaine and tablets on weeknights because they are unemployed and without realising it the drugs have ruined their lives. The typical thing people belive is that if you do cocaine and tablets, it leads 2 injecting heroin, thats faulse. Also you do not have to rob houses to fund your addiction, but you may aswell because drug ABUSE will ruin your life ither way. This happens to some and not others.
Honestly though, if you want to try weed, try it and make sure you don't smoke it during the week, just on weekends.
If the strain of weed I'm talking about became legal, it would be just like alcohol, only it wouldn't lead to violence, as hardly any people who are stoned are looking for a fight. Unlike people with bellys full of stella who haven't got the charisma to pull the top totty in the club lol, Thats my experience from weed and my oppinion on legalisation...

Offline tkadm30

• View Profile
    • IsotopeSoftware
« Reply #111 on: 14/02/2016 11:17:07 »
Free the weed!!!  ;D

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #111 on: 14/02/2016 11:17:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login