The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: My idea of propetual motion  (Read 2152 times)

Offline ScientificSorcerer

• View Profile
My idea of propetual motion
« on: 11/03/2014 05:57:27 »
I wonder if My simple perpetual motion machine will work, I post this here because I need some scientific feed back on my idea. It's quite simple But dives into quantum physics a little bit.

Here is my Idea.

It starts with a coil of wire. A Rodin coil

The coil is quite simple and when you charge it with DC current you can make a very simple motor. look at this video of this Rodin motor.
or this one

Now these motors are actually very simple, it's basically just the coil(s) a DC power source and a magnet. I think I may have found a way to make the rodin coil spin the magnet perpetually without any power-source for a very long time.

All you have to do is make the rodin coil out of superconductor wires. put the 2 wire ends together, freeze the superconductor wire so that it goes into the "super state" then charge the coil briefly with an electromagnetic pulse. In superconductor physics, they call this "locking the coil in persistent mode" which means that the electricity inside the wire will flow in a loop around the coil perpetually until the superconductor looses it's "super state"

When the electricity flows in a perpetual loop like that, it creates a circular magnetic field around the wires (a super strong one). all you have to do then is put the magnet in place above the superconducting rodin coil and it will spin the magnet perpetually until it looses it's super-state. You would just have to attach the spinning magnet to an electrical generator to get free energy!

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: My idea of propetual motion
« Reply #1 on: 11/03/2014 09:16:16 »
Even if you can get rid of ohmic resistance via superconductivity

You haven't got rid of the motor's back-EMF, [ and you haven't got rid of friction either ].

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_current_brake

So no perpetual motion .

Even if you could create a perpetual motion machine [which is impossible]
You couldn't extract energy from it perpetually : at best you'd get back the energy put in.
« Last Edit: 11/03/2014 09:37:00 by RD »

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/03/2014 12:29:22 »
RD.

No energy leaves the superconductor coil, the current just keeps going round and round, uninterrupted it's like the coil becomes a mix between a permanent magnet and an electromagnet. I don't see how the coil would loose any power.

Only through inductive forces like back EMF could I see any energy being lost from the superconductor, If the spinning magnet was ceramic then no energy could be lost through induction back EMF because of the fact that no energy could be induced in the ceramic because of it's high resistance. what then? what if the magnet used for rotation was ceramic and non-conductive? would that salve the problem?

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/03/2014 17:41:30 »
No energy leaves the superconductor coil, the current just keeps going round and round, uninterrupted it's like the coil becomes a mix between a permanent magnet and an electromagnet. I don't see how the coil would loose any power.

The motor you've linked to use pulses of electricity, so is "interrupted".
So you're not in DC territory ... http://www.google.com/search?q=AC+losses+in+Superconductors

Even if you created a perpetual motion machine : i.e. one which would spin forever,
(which is impossible), it couldn't be used as an energy source perpetually.
Like your piggy bank you only get out what you put in.

[Bedini motor]

BTW John "CD clarifier" Bedini has form for selling sham electrical devices ...
http://www.psiram.com/en/index.php/John_Bedini
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=115210

« Last Edit: 11/03/2014 18:23:22 by RD »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/03/2014 03:28:36 »
Ok Ok you win RD, It just seemed like it would work.  :D  Your logic is impeccable.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 12/03/2014 03:28:36 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums