The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is there just one Big Bang?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Expectant_Philosopher

• View Profile
Is there just one Big Bang?
« on: 13/03/2014 20:21:16 »
Do we limit our perception by focusing on one Big Bang.  What if there were more than one Big Bang?  Would an additional galactic system modify a cycle of expansion and collapse?

Offline DanielB

• Humanity working as one, for continual life.
    • View Profile
Re: Is there just one Big Bang?
« Reply #1 on: 13/03/2014 20:54:21 »
I wouldn't see it as we limit ourselves to one.  Most theoretical physicist persist, that there are Multiple Universe's.  Just imagine, a billion different bubbles floating in a vastness.   Each bubble, could theoretically, be a individual Universe, on the grand scheme of things.   (multi-verse).

String theory, that each universe is connected,, one black hole of space,, each one venting into another universe,, that one makes me thing of a bunch of grapes,, and the plant being the vastness,, and each grape being a Universe. 

Or they hang down. 

No we don't limit ourselves to one,,, Not from what I see,, but what I also see,, and this is the part,, that kind of limits me.   

To be a theoretical physicist, you simply have to think,, of it,, and its theoretical.  I see way to many, who say,, Theoretically,, and here is my example.  Theoretically, we could be turned upside down,, in the Universe, but due to the fact, we do not know where the beginning of the universe is,, and that there is a vacuum. 

No one will ever truly know.  So that way I can always say,, Prove it,, and a theoretical physicist,, says,, If it were possible,, it could be this way.

While I myself, contend,, As a theoretical physicist, the last thing I can do or say,, is a theory that would violate the laws of physics.  And why I cannot say, a string theory would be possible, after all, the sheer density of the alter verse of where it would be ejecting out,, would be the most violent of any thing ever imagined before.  And that would violate,, The Universe's natural harmony of gravity.

Keep it rocking SS

DanielB 

Offline alan hess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13/03/2014 22:08:34 »
I know one thing I hope, there's no more like me out there.

Offline kovmiv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/04/2014 22:57:37 »
Death of the galaxy is the big bang. The patter is collapse, bang and then expansion.

Offline Soule

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17/04/2014 21:12:37 »
I believe there are an infinite number of "Big Bangs"  here is why...

When the big bang happened, some form of consciousness had to be present somewhere when it happened; otherwise nothing was there, not even existence.

E= U   C

E = Existence
U = Universe
C = Consciousness
 = means "Coupled With"

The universe cannot exist, unless there is at least one being capable of thought found somewhere inside or outside the universe that can acknowledge existence.  “Consciousness” and the “Universe” go hand in hand.  Together they make up what is known as “Existence”.  Take either one away, and there is no “Existence”.

One may ask “Where did that “being” capable of consciousness come from?  Where was its beginning?”  Perhaps there is a never ending cycle of universes.  One a generation of universes and the life contained therein followed by another upon another; each with their own “Big Bang” as a point of beginning. 

One final word:  Science uses mathematics and observation based on real things that can be observed and measured.  For example “speed” can be defined as distance over time.  Obviously, some things that are very real in the universe cannot be observed or measured as easily, if at all.  The fact that we are conscious and alive is very real, but what is consciousness?  How can we incorporate something as real as consciousness into calculations.   It stands to reason that mathematical operations and notations such as addition and multiplication cannot work with concepts such as consciousness.  Because of this, the equation shown above is not a mathematical equation, but is a principle.  A principle that uses a notation to convey that the relationship between “consciousness” and the “universe” is a joint relationship, where both must exist at the same time in order to achieve “existence”.
2014   R. Blayne Soule’ P.E.

Online Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19/04/2014 00:02:35 »
Do we limit our perception by focusing on one Big Bang.  What if there were more than one Big Bang?  Would an additional galactic system modify a cycle of expansion and collapse?
To be honest, this question has puzzled many of us. My own opinion about this is suspect but I'll offer it for your consumption anyway:

The Big bang that we understand as the beginning of our universe was only a local event in the much larger infinite bulk. Our space, defined as our local universe, is composed of a vast field of electromagnetic/gravitational energy. Without this field, material existence would not be possible and therefore would resemble the bulk outside our present environment. The bulk is truly a nothingness but I would not call it space because material existence would be impossible there. Only where a field exists is such an existence possible. I therefore make a sharp distinction between the two terms; "The Bulk & Space" The word space infers a place where something can reside and such is the universal field within which we live. But the Bulk can not be considered as a space or place within which something might exist. In fact, the Bulk can't support any existence whatsoever, without an enveloping field, the bulk is true nothingness.

This of course will sound like a contradiction because I've placed island universes within this so-called bulk. Some will say that because island universes reside within the bulk, that the bulk is not true nothingness. When taken as the infinite whole, that would be a true statement. But I'm drawing a fine line between these two terms; The Bulk and Space. Where there is the Bulk, there is nothingness. Where there is space, there is a field within which existence is possible.

The Bulk in indeed infinite. And there may exist an infinity of island universes within this greater bulk.

Each island universe is finite, having limits on both dimension and mass/energy content. And each springing from an individual and local Big Bang.

I would feel more comfortable calling this multitude of Big Bangs only whimpers when viewed on the grand scale of things. An infinity of tiny sparks occurring with the infinite Bulk.

« Last Edit: 21/07/2014 19:04:28 by Ethos_ »

Online Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21/07/2014 19:10:21 »
To be honest, this question has puzzled many of us. My own opinion about this is suspect but I'll offer it for your consumption anyway:

The Big bang that we understand as the beginning of our universe was only a local event in the much larger infinite bulk. Our space, defined as our local universe, is composed of a vast field of electromagnetic/gravitational energy. Without this field, material existence would not be possible and therefore would resemble the bulk outside our present environment. The bulk is truly a nothingness but I would not call it space because material existence would be impossible there. Only where a field exists is such an existence possible. I therefore make a sharp distinction between the two terms; "The Bulk & Space" The word space infers a place where something can reside and such is the universal field within which we live. But the Bulk can not be considered as a space or place within which something might exist. In fact, the Bulk can't support any existence whatsoever, without an enveloping field, the bulk is true nothingness.

This of course will sound like a contradiction because I've placed island universes within this so-called bulk. Some will say that because island universes reside within the bulk, that the bulk is not true nothingness. When taken as the infinite whole, that would be a true statement. But I'm drawing a fine line between these two terms; The Bulk and Space. Where there is the Bulk, there is nothingness. Where there is space, there is a field within which existence is possible.

The Bulk in indeed infinite. And there may exist an infinity of island universes within this greater bulk.

Each island universe is finite, having limits on both dimension and mass/energy content. And each springing from an individual and local Big Bang.

I would feel more comfortable calling this multitude of Big Bangs only whimpers when viewed on the grand scale of things. An infinity of tiny sparks occurring with the infinite Bulk.
I'm bumping this thread looking for some feedback.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6 on: 21/07/2014 19:10:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length