The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Looking for old OMNI article on Anatomy Flaws  (Read 2728 times)

ActionAmerica

Looking for old OMNI article on Anatomy Flaws
« on: 16/08/2006 19:40:59 »
Can anyone help me find information that was presented in an old OMNI Magazine article that made the case for UN-Intelligent Design, by showing (I think) ten very obvious flaws in the human anatomy that would have certainly been corrected, had humans actually been designed by an intelligence, instead of having evolved?

I remember that two of the examples in that article, were that 1) a very minor change in the throat, would keep the sinuses from draining into the chest and 2) that since the male prostate completely encircles the the urinary tract, it can restrict the urinary tract. There was also one about the bowels - something like human bowels are better designed for an animal that walks on all fours, than an animal that walks upright or something like that.

In all ten of the cases, there was no practical reason for the flaws, other than the randomness of evolution. I kept that issue of OMNI for years, but I must have lost it in one of my moves.

Does anyone remember this article and can you provide more information on it or even the text of the article?

Thanks.

John Gaver
http://www.ActionAmerica.org/index.shtml

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for old OMNI article on Anatomy Flaws
« Reply #1 on: 16/08/2006 19:51:48 »
Hi John,

I really hope you get a resolution here.

I loved OMNI magazine !...always wondered what happened to it. It was such a smart ,well written but also beautfilly presented magazine.

Good luck in your quest !

Men are the same as women, just inside out !

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: Looking for old OMNI article on Anatomy Flaws
« Reply #1 on: 16/08/2006 19:51:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length