The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Can all current Theories be reconciled  (Read 2279 times)

Offline John 117

• View Profile
Can all current Theories be reconciled
« on: 25/04/2014 16:49:55 »
I believe the answer is yes, but where to start and explain things in an understandable way.
If we look at all current theories as aspects of time we can at least start to fit them together. We should also assume that all current and past theories are valid in one way or another and all solutions to relativity are correct and that quantum theory without renormalisation is also correct.
Take time as the past, present and future. If we treat the past and future as separate universes occupying the same space and the present where those universes overlap.
As we see time moving forwards we can think of it as moving through space. If they were equal the we would have the equivalent of the irrisistible force trying to move the immovable object and nothing would happen. To keep things simple we will leave this for a future post.   
This gives us relativity as the past looking towards the future and quantum as the future looking towards the past.
It also gives us 3 dimensions in time, each point given as being a distance in time apart, 3 dimensions in space, each point a distance in space apart, plus the 4 dimensions we see in the present where we reside, giving the 10 dimensions string theory seems to need.
We also need to look at the future as energy waiting to be activated, the present as active and the past as inactive with matter being classed as dead or used energy.
How do we get to this conclusion you now ask. We look at the extremes i.e. everyones favorites Black Holes and Quasars plus Quantum weirdness.
Black Holes are holes in space caused by the curvature of space as described by relativity, I would describe these as time curving round space. 
However as time cam be dilated, I prefer expanded, and length contracted it follows that we can also contract time and expand space thus giving curvature in the opposite direction leading to quasars which are the opposite of Black Holes or space curving round time, the so called singularity at the center would also be rotating possibly at speeds that can not be measured, as time can move through space it enables the jets we see produced.
This leads to the conclusion that quasars are the points of origin or big bangs as they have come to be known, each galaxy is a universe within the universe or the bubble universes predicted by I think inflation theory. It removes arguments about the center of the universe as each quasar is its own center. Supermassive black holes are burnt out quasars, as the center loses energy it will reach a point where it turns inside out and becomes a normal black hole.
The so called expansion of space is caused by the expansion of time outwards from each galaxy and probably down to something similar to the exclusion principle, again for a later post.
What we know as particles are in fact energy locked in in the past, energy moves through the present as waves and likely through the future as a straight line.
A superconducter would think it only exists in the past with the electrons thinking they are moving through empty space in the present hence no resistance. The magnetic field would also think it exists in the present. A bose-einstein condensate however would think it only exists in the future giving it its properties and making it far harder to produce as the past is stable and the future unstable.
I think thats enough to be going on with. If I have got it right someone will take notice and may bring it to the attention of someone like Stephen Hawking. If I got the explanation wrong or not understandable I expect either abuse or just being ignored.
The concept is correct any fault lies with my description but I have tried to fit in Relativity, Quantum, String Theory, Expanding universe, Steady State and many worlds (these fit into the future). 
Sorry if its a bit basic but its the best I can do given the restrictions of this communication medium. 

Offline John 117

• View Profile
Re: Can all current Theories be reconciled
« Reply #1 on: 26/04/2014 10:07:15 »
Read the above then listen to the podcast Brian Greene - Beyond the Universe 20th March 2011

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26/04/2014 13:59:57 »
I believe the answer is yes, but where to start and explain things in an understandable way.
If we look at all current theories as aspects of time we can at least start to fit them together. We should also assume that all current and past theories are valid in one way or another
So, if I understand you correctly, we should all assume that the flat earth theory is "in one way or another" valid.

Poppycock!!

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27/04/2014 18:59:57 »
A typical reply from someone that has not read or understood what I have written.
I have not mentioned the flat earth theory, please could you direct me to where it is listed as a current theory. I dont remember it being mentioned in the podcast either.
You either want to know how to fit all current theories together or you dont.
Can anyone confirm that the truth is actually being sought as it seems to me it is being deliberately overlooked for some reason.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28/04/2014 02:48:38 »

I have not mentioned the flat earth theory, please could you direct me to where it is listed as a current theory.

You mentioned "current and past theories". I was taking exception to that quote my friend. Please reread your own material.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28/04/2014 16:49:46 »
The fact that you found an apparent loophole that I had not even considered shows that you read the post trying to find something wrong with it rather than considering there may be something correct, in other words it looks to me like you pre-judged before reading.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28/04/2014 19:53:31 »
The fact that you found an apparent loophole that I had not even considered shows that you read the post trying to find something wrong with it rather than considering there may be something correct, in other words it looks to me like you pre-judged before reading.
Or,................Perhaps you should proof-read your work with greater scrutiny?
« Last Edit: 28/04/2014 20:38:42 by Ethos_ »

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29/04/2014 08:35:05 »
This is the biggest problem with trying to discuss something over the internet and basically exactly what I expected. I did hope that this forum might be different but no, as usual some completely irrelevant point gets picked up on and takes over the thread leaving whats important far behind.
Anyway it matters not I am moving onto considering the dual slit experiment combined with time dilation and length contraction and it looks like the individual photons may be interfering with the previous photons rather than themselves even though the previous photon appears to have reached the detection screen and the wave collapsed, so it should be possible to destroy the interference pattern that seems to be caused by individual photons interfering with themselves, by manipulating the distance between the emitter and screen and the time between releasing the individual photons.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30/04/2014 09:02:01 »
No questions, good I take it everyone is keeping up, saves lengthy explanations.
Moving on to the interactions within atoms. I will keep it basic.
The exclusion principle and wave/particle duality makes it fairly obvious that Fermions are particles and Bosuns waves. So forces are carried by waves not particles as the standard model seems to think.
So we have charge which is directional so negative in one direction positive in the other i.e electron and positron.
Then we have force which is also directional and operates at right angles to charge. This gives us the connection between the strong, weak and magnetic forces. These forces are seen as attractive but are also directional as seen easily with 2 magnets. The so called colour charge within the nucleus acting between the quarks is in fact the repulsive side of the strong force, you need to use the uncertainty principle to see how this works. At this point I do not have enough information about whether or not a repulsion is applicable to the weak force, if it does it would only manifest occasionally and is probably responsible for the expulsion of radioactive particles also according to uncertainty.
So within the atom we have a mix of positive and negative charge plus attractive and repulsive forces all interacting between 3 particles, 4 if you include the electron. 

That leaves Gravity and the natural constants for another day unless anyone can think of anything else.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/05/2014 09:45:02 »
Still no comments or questions, thats good as it eliminates sidetracking.
The following is based on less information than I would like, some may be preaching to the converted.
So we come to everyones favorite Gravity.
We have big G and little g.
Big G is a measure of the total energy available to the universe so could be seen as the engine behind the universe, little g is a measure of how that energy is distributed leading to curvature of space as in relativity, we need to remember that space and time are connected so curvature in space leads to curvature in time both of which are likely to have a gravitational effect so little g could be a combination of things making it cumulative.
Back to big G and the irrisistible force meeting the immovable object, this leaves no energy available as the force being applied is countered by the force needed leaving a nett of zero. G is the difference that allows the force to overcome the object or the past to move into the future so gravity is more a force of time than space like the others which is why it is unlikely that the 4 forces will be combined. 
Gravity could be described as the resistance to being moved through time.
Gravity waves are EM waves basically stripped of force and charge, force and charge are however carried by gravity waves, combined they make light so an EM wave is a gravity wave plus force and charge. The gravity or carrier wave will move at c however the time taken for it to release the carried energy is dependent on the wavelength, the shorter the wavelength the faster the energy will be released. The total energy is a combination of force and charge and the amount of each dependent on the angle of the wave rather than the forward motion.
At this point I would like to say what a waste of time and money gravity detectors are, any detectable gravity wave would have to be of such a length that the force being carried is equivalent to G and that is likely to have a wavelength equivalent to c in meters, also it is likely come in a right angles to the earth so and detector would need to be vertical rather than horizontal.
We have the problem of how an oscillating wave, as depicted by the simulations seen on the internet, is able to spread out through 3d space, the simulations I have seen can only go in a straight line and not spread out.
This leads me to the conclusion that the wave spins and is either a double linked wave, one moving forwards and one spreading out sideways or a wave with dual personality with forwards motion being converted into sideways motion and back again, the first example would move smoothly the second would be jerky.
G is also likely to be the reason the max speed in the universe is c rather than infinite and should also stop the singularity in a black hole falling to zero.

Think that will do for the moment rather than waste time going into further detail.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/05/2014 13:36:21 »
Of course if light waves spread out like water waves as depicted it indicates that we live in a universe made of 2d layers as they can only spread out like that over a 2d surface.
I personally prefer the image of a spinning screw looked at from the side.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02/05/2014 09:05:39 »
So that leaves the constants.
It can be deduced from previous posts that the only one actually needed is G, this means that all you need to create a universe is to move a force equivalent to 1/2 G from the immovable object to the irrisistible force giving a nett difference of G, this figure will control c or the maximum so double G halve c for instance. But for this to work you need something to exist in order to make the initial change so we actually need G plus the flexibility or rigidity of what was before.
My personal view is that it looks to good to be true its a con trick and the ultimate free lunch, as the start of the universe has been described, is the ultimate to good to be true.
The masses of particles must be related to wavelength as well. Imagine my double wave idea acting as a drill in spacetime then the size of the hole bored or its volume will be related to measured masses, but why only certain sized holes are permitted is beyond any information I currently have available but its easier to drill small holes than big ones then join the small holes together.

Of course none of the above answers the final question, who or what gave G its value then applied it to the universe, was it worked out by God or was it pure chance down to uncertainty, that is can you know exactly the difference between two opposing forces and 1/2 G is such a small number.
I know which side of the fence I sit.

This was to be the last post but I am still unhappy with the descriptions regarding wave propagation in yesterdays post and think they are only half right and can be improved on.
There is also Ethos's first post which has reminded me of something I considered some months ago and is related to yesterdays second post.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02/05/2014 17:06:25 »
Lets see if we can make some sense of things without writing a book.
Problems as I see them, oscillating waves can only spread out over a 2d surface in 3d the amplitude would have to increase as the wave spread which would mean the length would have to shorten - conservation of energy. Shock waves spread out over 3d but can they carry the amount of information necessary and can they be described as oscillating the same way as EM waves. There is also the problem with the spreading out, as the front spreads the energy is spread over a larger and larger area until eventually it should become undetectable, there is also the problem with distance and curved surfaces i.e. stars. As was discovered by one of the ancient Greeks even if you could draw a near infinite number of lines at right angles to a circle if you draw a larger circle around it there will be gaps so in order to see an object at great distances from any angle the light has to spread out in order to fill those gaps.
I believe that relativity does not restrict the speed through space which would make sense if time was not present i.e. it takes no time to get from point A to point B. What is restricted however is the amount of information carried. So if we have a pilot wave just carrying the information " I am here " moving almost instantaneously through space it would provide the link for other information to travel along. Imagine a cowboy with a lasso, the rope as a rope would never catch the cow, but if you look at the loop as the pilot wave it carries no energy between the two and the bigger it is the more chance of catching the cow, however when the loop is tightened round the cows neck information is passed down the rope.
Lets try applying this to Quantum entanglement. think of two people inside the tightened loop. they are discussing a military raid that requires synchronised timing. While together they can spend as much time as they like talking about the details, when they part the only information they need is about timing which they carry with them as watches.The timing however is determined by a third party outside the loop who activates the watches a certain moment. The two inside the loop are the only ones who know what each is set to do or how and the person outside the loop is the only who knows when. If the watches come on at exactly the same moment information could be said to have traveled faster than light but only a single small bit.
Lets try with c. It could be described as 300,000,000 (mts) plus one (second). The meters make no sense without the time i.e. instantaneous travel. The second makes no sense without the meters ( see post 1 about dual universe ) please dont take this to literally but it could be said  that it takes 300,000,000 mts of space to contain 1 seconds worth of information or 300,000,000 seconds to send 1 meters worth of information 1 bit at a time.

Flat Earth. It could be said that the earths surface is 2d enclosing a 3d space so we live on a 2d or flat surface. This leads to the holographic universe theory. As I have pointed out if waves oscillate then they must move through 2d or flat space, if they move as shock waves then space is 3d.
So is the universe a 2d surface curled up to give the impression of 3d all enclosed in 3d space.

Lastly all forces described in this thread effectively move in all directions at once so only those in the direction of movement will seem to have much effect as they will tend to cancel out from other directions.

The above descriptions are by no means perfect but I hope they get the message across.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02/05/2014 20:46:42 »

Flat Earth. It could be said that the earths surface is 2d enclosing a 3d space so we live on a 2d or flat surface. This leads to the holographic universe theory. As I have pointed out if waves oscillate then they must move through 2d or flat space, if they move as shock waves then space is 3d.
So is the universe a 2d surface curled up to give the impression of 3d all enclosed in 3d space.

Leonard Susskind I presume. I think his theory has some merit BTW. When trying to incorporate Black Hole phenomenon into the over all picture of cosmic reality, and the parallel that his theory establishes between the two, it suggests illuminating speculations where few have previously existed. I for one think Susskind is on to something!
« Last Edit: 02/05/2014 23:11:21 by Ethos_ »

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03/05/2014 09:18:32 »
Still not happy with posts labeled Reply 9 and 12 but I did say the information I have is inadequate.
Lets look at the information I have.
1. E=hv  or halve one double the other. This works with speed over a set distance as well i.e 60 miles in one hour is the same as 1/2 x 60 miles in 2 x 1hour.
2.Inverse square 2 x r = 4 x reduction in force.(Newtonian) Geometrically this describes the area of the base of a pyramid where base length = height so we get the force spread out over an area.
The initial value of r would I assume be derived from the Schwartzchilde radius which is why gravity seems to origionate from the center of mass.
A square area in this case is a bit strange but makes sense as squares can be put together and expanded without leaving gaps whereas circles which you would expect cannot. Strictly speaking the base of the pyramid should be curved giving a slightly larger area thus reducing the overall force. I know there is a difference between Einstein and Newton and that one is slightly different to the other under certain circumstances but that is all I have found out.
EM waves oscillate in 2 directions at right angles.
Amplitude or height of wave linked to light intensity or brightness, length linked to energy carried.
If we saw the above waves head on the one ruled by inverse square would look like an unfolding sheet getting thinner as it spread out, the EM type would look like a cross, this seems ridiculous but is based on the only information I can find, the size of which depending on the amplitude as this approaches you.
The problem with this is that it can only spread out in space by increasing the amplitude, this would have the effect of increasing light intensity with distance but the opposite happens and brightness reduces with distance according to inverse square that is it acts like an unfolding sheet.
So we have an unfolding sheet that is easy to detect but can carry little information and a cross that gets smaller with distance, if brightness reduces I assume its because amplitude reduces, that can carry a lot of information but head on would be almost impossible to detect and as light travels in a straight line this would tend to be the case.
I can only assume that using the dual theory idea that in one amplitude is see as wavelength and vice-versa in the other and we either see an average or one side or the other.
If EM waves follow both rules the question is does gravity and why have we not seen its rule 1 side, if it does not have this side then why not.
Still dont know if I am happy with this but I'm running out of ways of putting what little information I have together in ways that may work.

Ethos. Yes it seems to have come from Susskind. There are other ideas I have not posted based on logic rather than observation that could indicate a version of the holographic universe. It could explain where the edge of the universe is and why it will never be seen.

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04/05/2014 16:56:08 »
Seems I did have all the information I needed. The missing side of gravity has been covered in reply 9. Also epy-wotsit or brane theory, which I had also forgotten is covered by the unfolding sheets in the last post.

So to finalize the last few posts - G represents the smallest amount of useful information that can be carried by a single wave (in this case force) and c represents the maximum speed that single useful bit of information can be moved around the universe. So a bit representing 1/2 G can move at 2c, 1/8 G at 64c (inverse square) so 0 useful information can travel around the universe at infinit speed and that covers inflation theory.

So we have covered Expanding universe, Steady state, Brane, Flat earth, Holographic (a bit), Relativity, Quamtum, Inflation, Waves and the natural constants worth mentioning.

I will not go into lengthy analogies as I may just be wasting my time. I have no mathematical proof but this is just a re-working of current theories so if you understand what has been written you will know where to find the maths.

So a name - possibilities
1.The Twins explained - because of the complete misuse and misunderstanding of what lays behind Relativity as shown in many science forums in answers to questions about the twins paradox, it also has a chapter dedicated to it written by a famous mathematician, which I have a copy of.
2. The tower of babel re-built because that is what science has built itself
3. The twin universe because thats what it is, describing 2 universes colliding at right angles to produce the one we live in.

There is I know at least one thing that has been omitted not because I can't explain it but because it is totally irrelevant to mans future which is in the quantum and harnessing the almost unlimited power available from all those wasted neutrino's and possibly from the uncertainty principle.

The above is the result of 3 years of self taught cosmology and is, at this point, the best I can come up with.

Finally - Ethos it seems you have been keeping up with my thread and made a small contribution. If you understand what I have written you will know what has been omitted, if you work anywhere near the place where the search for what has been omitted is taking place get another job as far away as possible as soon as possible. One good turn deserves another.

Hopefully this will be my final final post, thanks to all those who have contributed and may your God watch over you (if you have one).

Offline John 117

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07/05/2014 08:36:47 »
After having some discussion I think I now have the link between light and gravity, this leads to where loop quantum gravity fits in.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16 on: 07/05/2014 08:36:47 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length