The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Were the Apollo moon landing photos faked?  (Read 15389 times)

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Were the Apollo moon landing photos faked?
« Reply #25 on: 04/03/2015 11:17:24 »
Quote from: KubricksOdyssey
Despite a slight offset of the camera, the mountains are moving, which contradicts the condition of distant mountains.
And what about that photo makes you think that it had to be a mountain far away rather a nearby hill?

Thus, based on the above examples, this study concludes that the Apollo 15 photographic record does NOT depict real lunarscapes with distant backgrounds located more than a kilometre away from the camera.
I seriously doubt those claims. There are assumptions going into this which haven't been stated. Also nobody has stated who did this analysis?

Conclusion:
These pictures were, without doubt, taken in a studio set up to 300 metres in size. A complex panorama mimicking the lunarscape shows degrees of movement, such as horizontal and vertical changes to give an impression of imaginary distance to the objects and perspective.
Nonsense. There's something funky about this but I can't put my finger on it.

The funny part about all of this nonsense is that the USSR were racing against the USA to the moon. Didn't they keep track of where the Apollo 11 was and the radio signals coming from the ship?

Offline Hornbeck

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28/04/2015 12:47:51 »
newbielink:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n4yYZh1U908#t=2 [nonactive]

Lunar lift off from Apollo 17....

Zoom out, and then pan upwards....

You could not pull that off using todays technology if the distance was England and Australia, so doing it from a distance of 250,000 miles away over 45 years ago is impossible.

It's too good, cos it's Hollywood good.

I'm not a scientist, i'm a film maker.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28/04/2015 16:45:12 »
Lunar lift off from Apollo 17....
Zoom out, and then pan upwards....
You could not pull that off using todays technology ...

Really ? ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_hunting

... doing it from a distance of 250,000 miles away over 45 years ago is impossible.

That's only a round-trip delay [time lag] of 2.5 seconds , which could be anticipated : the zoom-out begins when the rockets are fired , making it easier to keep the module in-shot, ( although it does go out-of frame at one point ).
« Last Edit: 28/04/2015 17:00:23 by RD »

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
... then consider the experiments that were left on the moon.

For example several Apollo missions left a triangular mirror reflectors on the moon for laser observatories to measure the distance from the earth to the moon it's called "laser ranging" If your such a firm believer that nothing ever landed on the moon then go to one of these laser observatories and ask them to point their laser at the moon mirror and see if the laser is reflected back or not, that way you'll know for shore.

Russians put laser reflectors on the moon with un-manned probes.

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03/07/2015 05:04:10 »
Despite a slight offset of the camera, the mountains are moving, which contradicts the condition of distant mountains.
And what about that photo makes you think that it had to be a mountain far away rather a nearby hill?

According to NASA that mountain is supposed to be 20 miles away. Parallax proves it merely tens of meters away.

Offline KubricksOdyssey

• View Profile

http://www.astronet.ru/db/xware/msg/1182588/apollo17stereo_vantuyne_full1.jpg.html

Split boulders are only formed by falling from a high rocky crag or from expanding freezing moisture.

Neither of those are possible on the moon.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03/07/2015 07:44:08 »
Split boulders are only formed by falling from a high rocky crag or from expanding freezing moisture ...

The "only" bit is not true :  it could have been ejected from a meteor-impact and split apart on landing.

Here's a high-res version of that same boulder-image but without the headache-inducing anaglyph 3D colours ... https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Moon-apollo17-schmitt_boulder.jpg
« Last Edit: 03/07/2015 08:23:27 by RD »

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06/07/2015 12:46:13 »
Split boulders are only formed by falling from a high rocky crag or from expanding freezing moisture ...

The "only" bit is not true :  it could have been ejected from a meteor-impact and split apart on landing.

Here's a high-res version of that same boulder-image but without the headache-inducing anaglyph 3D colours ... https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Moon-apollo17-schmitt_boulder.jpg
Quite correct my friend. The "only" part is nonsense. Here's yet another possible (though unlikely) explanation. His claim Split boulders are only formed by falling from a high rocky crag or from expanding freezing moisture. is quite wrong because of the "only."

Consider the following explanation: As seen in the photo the split is parallel to the line of the shadow. When the part of the boulder is shadow its temperature drops to extremely low temperatures. The part in the sun are very hot. The difference causes stress fractures due to thermal expansion.

Then there's the possibility that it was hit by a meteor and that caused it to split
« Last Edit: 06/07/2015 12:50:11 by PmbPhy »

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07/07/2015 00:46:28 »
The insanity in all this moon landing conspiracies is that there were about 400,000 people involved in going to the moon and 20,000 companies and research institutions. Not to add that it all cost 150 billion in adjusted dollars. To spend that kind of money merely to give an impression that we went to the moon is insane. To assume that 400,000 people can keep their mouth shut is also insane. Let's assume that most of them worked on the moon landing but not the conspiracy. Then its also insane to think that they could keep it a secret. Any congressman would gladly work towards giving any NASA worker who was involved and in the loop a free pass against contract violations in order to let the truth be known. Surely not all those people would want to live with that kind of lie on their conscience. If you can't then why should we assume that a large group of others can?

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17/09/2015 15:29:00 »
Hard science analysis of Apollo photos reveals they are not genuine.
I seriously can't believe this is still a question. Here's proof we went to the Moon:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/21jul_llr/

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile

Split boulders are only formed by falling from a high rocky crag or from expanding freezing moisture.

According to www.space.com:

"When sunlight hits the moon's surface, the temperature can reach 253 degrees F (123 C). The "dark side of the moon" can have temperatures dipping to minus 243 F (minus 153 C)."

Obviously, temperature ranges like that could stress a rock enough to crack it. Or, maybe it just got hit by a small meteor travelling at high speed.

Are you aware of the fallacy known as "confirmation bias"?

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19/09/2015 09:37:52 »
Hard science analysis of Apollo photos reveals they are not genuine.
This is one of the worst lies that I've heard this year. What a crock!

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

According to www.space.com:

"When sunlight hits the moon's surface, the temperature can reach 253 degrees F (123 C). The "dark side of the moon" can have temperatures dipping to minus 243 F (minus 153 C)."

Obviously, temperature ranges like that could stress a rock enough to crack it. Or, maybe it just got hit by a small meteor travelling at high speed.

Are you aware of the fallacy known as "confirmation bias"?
Excellent response my friend, excellent!  :)

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19/09/2015 20:36:32 »
The insanity in all this moon landing conspiracies is that there were about 400,000 people involved in going to the moon and 20,000 companies and research institutions. Not to add that it all cost 150 billion in adjusted dollars. To spend that kind of money merely to give an impression that we went to the moon is insane. To assume that 400,000 people can keep their mouth shut is also insane.
Had not heard those numbers before; that's more people and companies than I would have imagined. Less surprising is the $150 billion dollar figure. Back then you could get something from that sort of money. Now, the 4 Walton heirs are worth about $150 billion combined, or about 1% of the US GDP, and all we get from them are 1.4 million crappy retail jobs that, managers included, average just a few hundred bucks a week salary. Those 400,000 jobs back then were interesting, challenging jobs with an amazing result.

Eisenhower kicked things off; by 1969, Americans were better educated than ever, and had money in their pockets. There was nothing we couldn't achieve. We got so good at sending people to the Moon that people got bored, and they had to stop. Didn't they play golf on the Moon in one of the later missions? That's just showing off, so maybe it's better we did stop. Peak Oil was on the horizon anyway.

We had some rough patches a decade or two ago, but America is still in the game, running some some highly successful space missions from time to time. Perhaps a quick, easy fix to this would be to send an unmanned probe to the Moon and have it explore previous alleged landing sites, beaming back live footage to Earth of the analysis as it went. You know, making a cast of an astronaut's footprint, scraping some metal filings off a spacecraft remnant, collecting soil samples containing rubber particles, finding a golf ball, checking the lunar laser ranging equipment for fingerprints, that sort of thing. That would go viral for sure, and maybe even lead to renewed interest in space exploration, which might in turn lead to increased budget allotments for space exploration, and a new shuttle.
« Last Edit: 19/09/2015 20:43:37 by Craig W. Thomson »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20/09/2015 11:01:53 »
no, for what purpose? we have things in space,men in space, proof we are in space,

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20/09/2015 13:06:02 »
Quote from: Craig W. Thomson
Didn't they play golf on the Moon in one of the later missions?
No. One of the astronauts merely brought a golf ball and a golf club and hit the ball to see how far it would go, or something like that.

Quote from: Craig W. Thomson
We had some rough patches a decade or two ago, but America is still in the game, running some some highly successful space missions from time to time. Perhaps a quick, easy fix to this would be to send an unmanned probe to the Moon and have it explore previous alleged landing sites, beaming back live footage to Earth of the analysis as it went. You know, making a cast of an astronaut's footprint, scraping some metal filings off a spacecraft remnant, collecting soil samples containing rubber particles, finding a golf ball, checking the lunar laser ranging equipment for fingerprints, that sort of thing. That would go viral for sure, and maybe even lead to renewed interest in space exploration, which might in turn lead to increased budget allotments for space exploration, and a new shuttle.
All that would do is spark new conspiracy theories and waste a ton of money.

Offline Barnacle

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24/12/2015 10:21:19 »
Look up the Japanese Selene mission. Exact match for apollo 15 landscape photos. Its on you tube too.

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28/01/2016 14:25:19 »
Nothing you said there makes the flag anomaly go away.

"Apollo 15 flag, facing air resistance; proving the fraud of alleged manned moon landings."

Offline Drifty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04/07/2016 13:36:24 »
MOD EDIT: Please note that we welcome friendly discussion on topics, but just linking to other sites will be considered spam or advertising and such posts will be deleted. Repeated infringements will lead to a ban.
« Last Edit: 04/07/2016 14:30:10 by Colin2B »

Offline Drifty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14/07/2016 18:32:04 »
I think that the "Clavius" site is a disinfo site.  I think all the posters on its forum know the Apollo moon missions were faked as well as the hoax-believers do.  Can't we discuss that?

Offline William McC

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 09/08/2016 01:53:13 »
I met Roy Grumman when I was 1 1/2 years old. I was already capable of using an electric drill motor. My duties at that time required me to sort number, fraction and letter drill bits in our garage. When I got to the factory Roy came over and introduced himself to me, squatted down so that he was lower than me. Looked up at me and gave me a mans handshake. And said that I had a good grip, and I did. He suggested that my father take me to his hobby area, where he kept his lunar rock collectors. Titanium skinned remote controlled rock collectors. That he used to fly to the moon in four hours and back in another four.

Roy did not use standard radio he used ambient radiation to communicate with his rock collector. Basically what some young people call spooky effects at a distance. My father took me over and put me inside of one of the rock collectors, it was very cool. It had an aluminum skin on the inside, and I believe there was titanium and or aluminum honeycomb between the multiple walls or skins of the craft. That is how they block radiation or positively accelerate it to a harmless emission.

The propulsion was basically a fluid, injected into an ARC creating pressures well above 100,000 psi. This was actually a lethal welding accident that was capitalized upon, into an amazing propulsion system. This same craft in the fifties was videoed and thought to be a UFO by the people that witnessed it. Several times the U.S. turned its big dishes on this craft and caused the skin to ignite the air around it. They could not shoot it down but they could make it very hot.

I was eating supper one night about 15 years ago, there was a UFO show playing the background on a cable history channel, and I heard the rock collector engine, and sure enough there was Roy's Rock collector being filmed as a fiery UFO. It was very cool, staying motionless only a hundred feet off the ground. With the tell tale hissing sound it's engine made. If you work with high pressure evaporating fluids, you know that there is an electrical differential created upon the release of high pressure gases. The small rock collector would use this very high voltage differential to amply charge its batteries so that it could fly until it ran out of liquid propellent. 

My point is that the government threatened to close down Grumman or blow Long Island off the face of the earth if Roy kept playing with his toys. After great debate and concessions, the Apollo missions were agreed to. However the Apollo missions did not utilize our best technology in fact what the astronauts agreed to was something like an Evel Knievel motor cycle jump over the Grand Canyon, when there are of course much better safer ways to get across the Grand Canyon, and to the moon. 

Going to the moon was a child's feat at that time. Today, without any basic engineering, mathematics, or history, it would be a frustrating endeavor for sure, risking people lives, to reinvent the wheel.

I am sure we went to the moon, and the reason the astronauts went was to promote science and end the Cold War nonsense. Many times on national TV the astronauts brought horrendously embarrassing science blunders into the light, and exposed witch doctor science. They kept speaking from the moon to the earth with instantaneous replies, because the radios were not standard radios. They kept reminding the astronauts about the 1 1/2 second turn around time rule from the control center. 

It was actually quite funny if you knew what was happening.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Offline gflo

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27/11/2016 17:52:34 »
The moon landing photos were staged. The recent analysis in aulis.com under Apollo/Moon and titled: Scientific Analysis of Apollo images, proves it. How can otherwise the errors mentioned in the article, be explained? Any ideas?

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27/11/2016 22:30:46 »
Were the Apollo moon landing photos faked?

Yes. So what?

No. So what?

Next question, please.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27/11/2016 23:02:28 »
The moon landing photos were staged. The recent analysis in aulis.com under Apollo/Moon and titled: Scientific Analysis of Apollo images, proves it. How can otherwise the errors mentioned in the article, be explained? Any ideas?

The same publi$her also has websites alleging photo-fakery on JFK assassination & 9/11 attack.
http://jfkstudies.org , http://jackwhites911studies.org , http://aulis.com/

All the photo-analyses are by the late Jack White BA who had a serious case of paranoia, and no science qualifications.
« Last Edit: 27/11/2016 23:09:00 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #48 on: 27/11/2016 23:02:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums