The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: solar eclipse  (Read 3800 times)

Offline thayo

• View Profile
solar eclipse
« on: 23/08/2006 04:19:44 »
On march 29, 2006, some parts of my country experienced the total eclipse, i live is far from the observing location but because of my unquenchable thirst for science and nature i pulled myself there. I have so much to unfold on this very eclipse but i want a hm.....trigger.Oh... how i wish i was able to host you in my country for the event

lets keep trying the untried since the birth of science innovations have been like  toy but their impacts have rocked the world

Offline thayo

• View Profile
Re: solar eclipse
« Reply #1 on: 23/08/2006 04:20:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by thayo

On march 29, 2006, some parts of my country experienced the total eclipse, i live  far away from the observing location but because of my unquenchable thirst for science and nature i pulled myself there. I have so much to unfold on this very eclipse but i want a hm.....trigger.Oh... how i wish i was able to host you in my country for the event

lets keep trying the untried since the birth of science innovations have been like  toy but their impacts have rocked the world

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
  • keep banging the rocks together
    • View Profile
    • ian kimber's web workspace
« Reply #2 on: 23/08/2006 16:32:59 »
Total solar eclipses are fantastic things and an experience not to be missed if you can get to see them.  I went to see the UK eclipse 1n 1999 the weather was poor and we did not see the totality because of cloud cover but the experience was still well worth it.

The chances are that you will only get one within a days travel (by car ) during your lifetime.

Learn, create, test and tell
evolution rules in all things
God says so!

Offline thayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24/08/2006 01:07:02 »
The eclipse was in totality and it lasted for 2mins 15secs.
Hi Soul, one could experience it more than once only if one enjoys travelling,before and after the event i went into research and i was able to establish that
1. it occurs somewhere on the earth every 18months
2. For a particular site that experiences it ,it woul reoccur there averagely 370 years later.
3. the longest ever total solar eclipse will be occuring Africa and some parts of asia, 11mins 7secs

Soul surfer, permit me to take a leave here, i m working on the final compilation of the work and after then some information including pictures will be posted.

Offline thayo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23/08/2006 04:20:36 »
quote:

On march 29, 2006, some parts of my country experienced the total eclipse, i live  far away from the observing location but because of my unquenchable thirst for science and nature i pulled myself there. I have so much to unfold on this very eclipse but i want a hm.....trigger.Oh... how i wish i was able to host you in my country for the event

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23/08/2006 16:32:59 »
Total solar eclipses are fantastic things and an experience not to be missed if you can get to see them.  I went to see the UK eclipse 1n 1999 the weather was poor and we did not see the totality because of cloud cover but the experience was still well worth it.

The chances are that you will only get one within a days travel (by car ) during your lifetime.

God says so!

Offline thayo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23/08/2006 04:20:36 »
quote:

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23/08/2006 16:32:59 »

God says so!

Offline thayo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24/08/2006 01:07:02 »
Hi Soul, one could experience it more than once only if one enjoys travelling,before and after the event i went into research and i was able to establish that
2. For a particular site that experiences it ,it woul reoccur there averagely 370 years later.
3. the longest ever total solar eclipse will be occuring Africa and some parts of asia, 11mins 7secs

Soul surfer, permit me to take a leave here, i m working on the final compilation of the work and after then some information including pictures will be posted.

Offline Soul Surfer

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23/08/2006 16:32:59 »

God says so!

Offline thayo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24/08/2006 01:07:02 »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #10 on: 24/08/2006 01:07:02 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums