The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: LOVE IS BLIND?  (Read 53012 times)

another_someone

Re: LOVE IS BLIND?
« Reply #275 on: 25/09/2006 05:37:10 »
quote:
Originally posted by moonfire
she told me that if you go on a date you should let people know you are interested in getting married or not...I was flabergasted...

I am not surprised you were flabbergasted.  In any case, such judgements, whether right or wrong, I am sure Robert is old enough to make for himself; but I certainly would not expect to be forced into making such a judgement on a first date maybe not even on a 25th date.  In fact, I would think there would be plenty of men (and probably women) who would start panicking if you tell them you are thinking of marrying them as soon as you go out with them (they too would want time to asses the situation).

As you say, you and Robert have every right to enjoy each others company without any particular agenda being applied to it.

George

another_someone

« Reply #276 on: 25/09/2006 05:39:25 »
quote:

She was serious.  I am not ready for a relationship even though I am over Denny...I don't want to lose any of my friendships...I know, I sound pretty optimistic, eh?  LOL  Maybe I don't believe in relationships lasting forever?  Yikes...pessimistic, huh....

"Lo" Loretta

Not one to comment on this, since my own experience I don't even start romantic relationships, let alone expect them to last (seen too many of other people's failures).

George

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 25/09/2006 05:51:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by another_someone

quote:

She was serious.  I am not ready for a relationship even though I am over Denny...I don't want to lose any of my friendships...I know, I sound pretty optimistic, eh?  LOL  Maybe I don't believe in relationships lasting forever?  Yikes...pessimistic, huh....

"Lo" Loretta

Not one to comment on this, since my own experience I don't even start romantic relationships, let alone expect them to last (seen too many of other people's failures).

George

Well I hope they can last forever.  God I hope I never have to go through the dating torture again.

In my not so expert opinion, in order for love to last forever, it not only has to be blind, but deaf and dumb sometimes as well.

Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 25/09/2006 05:52:16 »
Hey George you still up freind??

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #279 on: 25/09/2006 06:34:45 »
quote:

quote:
she told me that if you go on a date you should let people know you are interested in getting married or not...I was flabergasted...

I am not surprised you were flabbergasted.  In any case, such judgements, whether right or wrong, I am sure Robert is old enough to make for himself; but I certainly would not expect to be forced into making such a judgement on a first date maybe not even on a 25th date.  In fact, I would think there would be plenty of men (and probably women) who would start panicking if you tell them you are thinking of marrying them as soon as you go out with them (they too would want time to asses the situation).

As you say, you and Robert have every right to enjoy each others company without any particular agenda being applied to it.

George

Thank you George!  I thought I might be crazy or something...actually Robert and I are friends and she should know this...?  We have been buddies for almost 4 years.  I do believe he understands after our chat(just in case he thought about changing things...)I wanted to make sure we are both on the same wavelength as mother indicated otherwise from her perspective.  I guess she thinks we are dating just because we play billiards, go out to eat...oh brother!  It maybe my age too...?  She is a bit older almost my mother's age...?[:0]

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 25/09/2006 06:36:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn

quote:

quote:

"Lo" Loretta

George

Well I hope they can last forever.  God I hope I never have to go through the dating torture again.

In my not so expert opinion, in order for love to last forever, it not only has to be blind, but deaf and dumb sometimes as well.

Carolyn

So true George and it is sad.  

Carolyn, you hit the nail on the head.  If I were ready to date again, I only want to take my time and it is torture...LOL  I prefer my eyes, ears, and my mouth open!  LOL[8D]

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 25/09/2006 06:54:22 »
Good Girl Loretta!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 25/09/2006 07:10:07 »
shhhh, there you go again...trying to ruin my reputation..hehe

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 25/09/2006 07:53:43 »