The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Environmental Friendly Development !!  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Mukti Ram Chapagain

• Student of Businees Intrested in Environment issue
    • View Profile
    • http://www.noac.com.np
Environmental Friendly Development !!
« on: 28/08/2006 14:24:53 »
Environmental Friendly Development !!

In the early age man/Human being is the part of Ecosystem. He/She haven't any ability to disturb the environmental matter. So, Environmentalism argues that "Man is the slave of his environment". It is proved by Charles Darwin's theory of "Survival of Fittest". It may be ultimate theory at this time, because human being has not technology, so they have to only struggle to adjust with the existing environment.

Letter on due to the population growth, human being start to use their environment according to their requirement. In this early age, seem to be "Every Thing Is Possible for Willing Mind". So, Possiblism argues that, "Man is the Mater of His Environment". It is possible due to the Technology and Technical Knowledge.

But, human being use environment without planning, consideration and cross the border line of Caring Capacity. Hazard and Pollution of Environment and Natural Recourse are increasing because of human careless. It is clear that; no-one is less and more importance but both are complementary and exist with other existence.

So, we have to promote commercialization and conservation of Natural Recourse and whole Environment. It may be possible through Sustainable Development. But there is a prime question behind the reality; is it on the behalf of Developing country? Is not it breaking the speed of development of country? First priority is for Conservation or for Economic profit?

Thanking you for your kind attention and looking forward to your entire comment to fulfil the matter.

M. R. Chapagain
Kathmandu, Nepal
Now in South Zealand Business College, Denmark

Offline VAlibrarian

• View Profile
Re: Environmental Friendly Development !!
« Reply #1 on: 04/09/2006 02:56:18 »
Mr. Chapagain-
Your question will become one of the greatest challenges of the human race in the 21st century. Please allow me to give my viewpoint as an environmentalist of the USA.
It is more important to preserve resources than it is to think of new ways to exploit them, because the human race will destroy half the living species on our planet in the next 100 years unless we find a way to behave in a more sustainable manner. I live in a nation which has only 5% of the world's people, but we use over 20% of the energy currently generated on our planet, by using vast quantities of fossil fuels. I understand that people in other nations envy our wealth and conveniences, but if they imitate us by burning oil and coal where they live, it will destroy our planet. A better solution would be for the citizens of the USA to use less natural resources, and work harder on showing the other nations of the world how to avoid our past mistakes.
The so-called "war on terror" is a distraction to this main challenge of the next 100 years, the critical period in which the human race will reach 9 billion and will struggle to feed itself. Fighting over religious issues is a luxury we cannot afford during this period. In planning development, we need to ask the question, will this be sustainable for a thousand years? If not, leave it undone. I would rather starve myself than become fat by eating what my grandchildren will need to live.

Family planning is a key in this process. In a village of 1000 people in Nepal that has enough land to support only that many, it is not practical for the village to cut down their forest to start a wood carving business so that every couple can have 6 children. When the forest is gone and there are 6000 people on land that will feed 1000 people, what is their future? Better for them to leave the forest and limit their children to two; and a tree must be planted for every one cut down.

chris wiegard

Offline Mukti Ram Chapagain

• Student of Businees Intrested in Environment issue
    • View Profile
    • http://www.noac.com.np
« Reply #2 on: 06/09/2006 11:11:30 »
Dear Valibrarian

Thank for your reply.
I am totally agreed with you. But to prevent the resources there must be commercialization and economic achievement. You may know, only the economic achievement could give the right way to conservation. So I think that, we have to provide them entire technology, knowledge and opportunity to the sustainable utilization of available resources.

To the planning Development there must be political settlement, good governance and practical education as well. But these are the main obstacle of Developing countries. People are force to think for today so how could they think about the conservation for tommorows?

However, conservation of Natural resource and stop the Hazard and pollution is the prime issue all over the world. So letís start together to prevent our world.

quote:
Originally posted by VAlibrarian

Mr. Chapagain-
Your question will become one of the greatest challenges of the human race in the 21st century. Please allow me to give my viewpoint as an environmentalist of the USA.........................
...........Family planning is a key in this process. In a village of 1000 people in Nepal that has enough land to support only that many, it is not practical for the village to cut down their forest to start a wood carving business so that every couple can have 6 children. When the forest is gone and there are 6000 people on land that will feed 1000 people, what is their future? Better for them to leave the forest and limit their children to two; and a tree must be planted for every one cut down.

chris wiegard

M. R. Chapagain
Kathmandu, Nepal
Now in South Zealand Business College, Denmark
« Last Edit: 06/09/2006 12:46:24 by mrchapagain »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 06/09/2006 11:11:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums