The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to sense bad emotions or memories in other people?  (Read 965 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Asma asked the Naked Scientists:

I am sure you can let me know better about what is going on with me because I am really confused about it , I feel things before they happen I can know if its bad or good but I cant know what it is exactly , I have like a bad feeling about someone and when I hear what exactly happened to the person no matter how bad or weird it was I am never shocked I feel like I knew it , the weirdest things that happens to me happens when I wake up , I usually have something in my mind when I wake up and in that exact day something happens to the thing I have in mind , I sometimes scare my self of the things I say I know and makes jokes about it with friends and then it actually happens ..this is weird and scary . Help me

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 24/07/2014 01:30:01 by _system »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
...  I feel things before they happen I can know if its bad or good but I cant know what it is exactly  ...
Self-fulfilling prophecyTexas sharpshooter fallacy could explain that, without any actual prognostication ...

You encounter good and bad things every day. If you wake up feeling-good and and 'predict' a non-specific good-thing will happen that day, when you encounter a good thing you feel that's the inexact good-thing you 'predicted', ( conveniently ignoring any bad things which you encounter) , and vice-versa when you wake up feeling bad. No actual prognostication.

When you can accurately predict the lottery numbers every week for a year then I'll believe you can foresee the future.
« Last Edit: 24/07/2014 02:04:11 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums