The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 344898 times)

Offline moonfire

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4597
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #100 on: 26/09/2006 14:48:15 »
hehe...I knew she would be somewhere close by...this one I have to watch carefully...hehe  She reminds me of Texas Walker Ranger in female form..afterall she is Big Bad Betty...whose reputation speaks for itself...(I am singing this Carolyn)She will kick their butts, make them eat dust, for trying to touch her man's hand...hehe  I will save the rest of the lyricks for you Carolyn...

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta
 

Offline Karen W.

  • Moderator
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *****
  • Posts: 31653
  • Thanked: 5 times
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #101 on: 26/09/2006 15:35:31 »
LOL< LOL

Karen
 

Offline Carolyn

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 3761
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #102 on: 26/09/2006 15:56:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by moonfire

hehe...I knew she would be somewhere close by...this one I have to watch carefully...hehe  She reminds me of Texas Walker Ranger in female form..afterall she is Big Bad Betty...whose reputation speaks for itself...(I am singing this Carolyn)She will kick their butts, make them eat dust, for trying to touch her man's hand...hehe  I will save the rest of the lyricks for you Carolyn...

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta



You are so crazy!! Don't laugh, but Walker, Texas Ranger is one of my favorite shows.  In fact, I'm watching it now!

Carolyn
 

Offline moonfire

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4597
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #103 on: 26/09/2006 16:06:03 »
LOL  You are kidding right?  My mom loves his show so much my son teases her about liking his jeans...hehe  She about has a cow...or at least a sheep after he ribs her about such a thing..hehe...are you getting tips???  LOL

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta
 

Offline Karen W.

  • Moderator
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *****
  • Posts: 31653
  • Thanked: 5 times
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #104 on: 26/09/2006 16:07:55 »
HE HE HE!! Sorry Carolyn... Not a bad show, haven't seen it for a couple years!

Karen
 

Offline Mirage

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2733
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #105 on: 26/09/2006 16:15:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Karen W.

I love that song Daniel!!

Karen



It is a great song. Because the only way I can listen to music (Bless Windows Media Player) I do a search and then a list of possibilities if not the song that I am looking for. But I saw If Tomorrow Never Comes by Garth Brooks (Country). I loved it, thought it was better than Ronan but in a different way.

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer AKA The Big Cheese says:

My famous last words will be
"I dunno, press the button and find out."
 

Offline Carolyn

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 3761
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #106 on: 26/09/2006 17:47:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by moonfire

LOL  You are kidding right?  My mom loves his show so much my son teases her about liking his jeans...hehe  She about has a cow...or at least a sheep after he ribs her about such a thing..hehe...are you getting tips???  LOL

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta



NO I AM NOT KIDDING!!  I'm with your mom, they all fill out their jeans quite nicely.

Right now, I'm listening to Pat Benetar.  LOve her.  Just got a Cyndi Lauper cd.  I like her, but I have to be in the right mood, otherwise, she gets on my nerves.  Love John Mellencamp, and Billy Joel and so many others.

Carolyn
 

another_someone

  • Guest
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #107 on: 26/09/2006 17:55:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by moonfire

:-) I think you are wonderful George.  You sexy devil...woo hoo Olivia!  LOL  I started to put something a bit crazy on here with a response using one of her songs...but Carolyn is out there watching me....I will let you guess Georgie you lil cutie pie... L--'s G-- P-------! Shhh, don't tell her...

"Lo" Loretta



Sounds nice to me :)[:X][:X]



George
 

another_someone

  • Guest
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #108 on: 26/09/2006 18:02:18 »
Just come back from a concert which included another new name for me, a violin symphony by Karl Amadeus Hartmann - very interesting.



George
 

Offline Karen W.

  • Moderator
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *****
  • Posts: 31653
  • Thanked: 5 times
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #109 on: 26/09/2006 19:02:48 »
Hmmmm, I love Violin music, I don't get to listen often.. Once a year they have a Violin and fiddle contest here which is outstanding.. we love to go!!Usually in August, I missed it this year as that was during my Birthday!

Karen
 

Offline moonfire

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4597
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #110 on: 27/09/2006 07:05:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn

quote:
Originally posted by moonfire

LOL  You are kidding right?  My mom loves his show so much my son teases her about liking his jeans...hehe  She about has a cow...or at least a sheep after he ribs her about such a thing..hehe...are you getting tips???  LOL

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta



NO I AM NOT KIDDING!!  I'm with your mom, they all fill out their jeans quite nicely.

He uses the "jeans" but I tell her she has a thing for the mailman as I came home from lunch one day and she was dressed up mighty pretty for just going to get the mail and talking to the handsome chap...I know she wasn't going to the liebrerrry...hehe[}:)]

Right now, I'm listening to Pat Benetar.  LOve her.  Just got a Cyndi Lauper cd.  I like her, but I have to be in the right mood, otherwise, she gets on my nerves.  Love John Mellencamp, and Billy Joel and so many others.

Carolyn



"Just Me, Lo" Loretta
 

Offline moonfire

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4597
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #111 on: 27/09/2006 07:06:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by another_someone

quote:
Originally posted by moonfire

:-) I think you are wonderful George.  You sexy devil...woo hoo Olivia!  LOL  I started to put something a bit crazy on here with a response using one of her songs...but Carolyn is out there watching me....I will let you guess Georgie you lil cutie pie... L--'s G-- P-------! Shhh, don't tell her...

"Lo" Loretta



Sounds nice to me :)[:X][:X]

Be careful as this could be a serious proposal....[8]



George




"Just Me, Lo" Loretta
 

Offline moonfire

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 4597
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #112 on: 27/09/2006 07:06:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by another_someone

Just come back from a concert which included another new name for me, a violin symphony by Karl Amadeus Hartmann - very interesting.



George




Fascinating Darling...can't wait to hear more about it...[:X]

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta
 

Offline Karen W.

  • Moderator
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *****
  • Posts: 31653
  • Thanked: 5 times
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #113 on: 27/09/2006 07:25:13 »
I wish we had more intertainment in this neck of the woods..!

Karen
 

sharkeyandgeorge

  • Guest
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #114 on: 27/09/2006 07:55:07 »
Ive just bought the new fratellis album and cannot recommend it highly enough it truly rocks
 

Offline Karen W.

  • Moderator
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *****
  • Posts: 31653
  • Thanked: 5 times
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #115 on: 27/09/2006 08:06:34 »
Who are Fratellis I don't recognize  them!

Karen
 

another_someone

  • Guest
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #116 on: 27/09/2006 14:37:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by Karen W.

Hmmmm, I love Violin music, I don't get to listen often.. Once a year they have a Violin and fiddle contest here which is outstanding.. we love to go!!Usually in August, I missed it this year as that was during my Birthday!

Karen



For those who may wish to listen to the concert, you can find it on http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio3/aod.shtml?radio3/afternoonperformance_tue

I am listening to it again right now, but alas, because of the nature of sound compression used in the download, the experience is still not quite the same as being there (particularly in a piece like Hartman's, where you have the violin over the top of the orchestra, in the compressed sound of the downloaded recording, I feel you lose a lot of the detail in the orchestra).  Still, if one cannot be there, it is the next best thing.

The download will only be available for 7 days (i.e. until next Tuesday).



George
 

Offline Karen W.

  • Moderator
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • *****
  • Posts: 31653
  • Thanked: 5 times
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #117 on: 28/09/2006 08:32:40 »
THanks George I will down load it before I go to bed...!!

Karen
 

Offline Grecian

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #118 on: 04/10/2006 20:30:26 »



Groovy kind of love by Phil Collins.



Love you lots

Helena xx



 

Offline Mirage

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2733
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #119 on: 04/10/2006 20:41:26 »
I love that song........

When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
When you're close to me, I can feel your heart beat
I can hear you breathing in my ear


:)

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer AKA The Big Cheese says:

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most
 

Offline Grecian

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #120 on: 04/10/2006 20:58:59 »


Love it, some of his songs are so deep and sensitive.



Love you lots.

Helena xx



 

Offline Mirage

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2733
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #121 on: 04/10/2006 21:01:59 »
Definitely. My housemate likes him as well which I find quite surprising, would never have thought he would be into that style of music. Just goes to show that Phil can speak to many people ;)

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer AKA The Big Cheese says:

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most
 

Offline Grecian

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #122 on: 04/10/2006 21:27:57 »



Yes, of all ages.



Love you lots

Helena xx




 

Offline Mirage

  • Neilep Level Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2733
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #123 on: 04/10/2006 21:35:13 »
Well that's true, I was going more with that he is really into Dubstep ;)

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer AKA The Big Cheese says:

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most
 

Offline Grecian

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #124 on: 04/10/2006 21:40:51 »



Sorry, don't know what that is.



Love you lots

Helena  xx



 

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #124 on: 04/10/2006 21:40:51 »

 

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums