The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: How can an engine be modified to minimise torque losses?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline rajevnaik

• First timers
    • View Profile
Primary purpose of an IC Engine is to give TORQUE.
All IC Engines produce torque in SINE WAVE. Co sine components of forces acting on piston are wasted as heat, noise & vibrations. This is so right since IC Engine invention. No one else has so far EVEN POINTED IT OUT.
I have done extensive research on this aspect & have invented TEJJ Constant Torque IC Engine which eliminates all co sine component losses. It is Patent pending in India. It offers following major advantages:

1. Maximum possible continuous torque (for 4 cylinder engine) like an electric motor.
2. Smoother, cooler & quieter engine.
3. Work done per power stroke increases by 55% compared to similar sized exiting engines.
4. Considerable fuel savings.
5. Improvement in power & pick up.
6. Reduction of green house gases.
7. Existing 2nd, 3rd, 4th &5th gear ratios can be used for 1st to 4th gear in vehicles with TEJJ IC Engine. 5th gear over drive ratio can be suitably increased.

[Mod: Please keep relevant discussions on this website, no personal external links]
« Last Edit: 13/09/2014 11:11:24 by chris »

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
Re: TEJJ CONSTANT TORQUE IC ENGINE- REG
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/2014 13:40:50 »
You need to look again at the crankshaft of your 1342 engine. I suspect you have confused it with a 1423. Given the appropriate ignition timing, either will produce maximum torque at exactly 180 degree intervals. Same applies to a flat-four. Indeed all conventional IC engines with the correct crankshaft deliver power symmetrically throughout the firing cycle. There are some asymmetric marine diesels but there is a good reason for their asymmetry.

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11/09/2014 07:34:59 »
The piston type internal combustion engine has had at least 130 years of development with the recent introduction of electronic control, Turbocharging and the re-introduction of variable valve timing I do not think any revolutionary developments have been missed.
Every few years a radical new design is proposed but apart from the opposed piston layout and the Wankel few if any have got into production
« Last Edit: 11/09/2014 07:37:12 by syhprum »

Offline rajevnaik

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11/09/2014 11:19:59 »
You need to look again at the crankshaft of your 1342 engine. I suspect you have confused it with a 1423. Given the appropriate ignition timing, either will produce maximum torque at exactly 180 degree intervals. Same applies to a flat-four. Indeed all conventional IC engines with the correct crankshaft deliver power symmetrically throughout the firing cycle. There are some asymmetric marine diesels but there is a good reason for their asymmetry.

My main argument is that INSTEAD OF A SINE WAVE TORQUE, WE CAN HAVE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE CONTINUOUS TORQUE from IC Engine. IS THERE ANY OTHER ENGINE CLAIMING THIS TYPE OF TORQUE?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 11/09/2014 11:19:59 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length