The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: EMAIL HOAXES AND CHAIN EMAILS  (Read 207273 times)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: EMAIL HOAXES AND CHAIN EMAILS
« Reply #75 on: 20/09/2006 07:46:32 »
I will ok!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #76 on: 19/09/2006 03:44:31 »
Here is yet another attempt....wow!  LOL

Reply Back through my private email below From Ruth Ndri United Nations High Commission For Refugees Camp . Abidjan Cote D' Ivoire             Dear One,
Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you, After reading your profile, I decided to confide in you this simple and sincere business.  I am Ruth Ndri the only surviving daughter of late Mr Gabriel Ndri who was killed by the Government  of Laurent Gbagbo. My late father was accused of having hand in sponsorship of the troup that tried to overthrow his government,He was arrested and beaten to a comma and was later thrown into prison where he was secretly murdered . My late mother was also mudered by the then government alongside my only sister leaving me, I survived this because I was in school outside my country Cote D'Ivoire.
But during my one of my visits to the prison where he was incacerated before his death , he disclosed to me about the deposit of Five Million Five Hundred United States Dollars ($5.5M) he made with one of the banks here in Cote D' Ivoire, he told me where to find all the documents covering all the transactions he made and the documents covering the deposit,he also told me that the deposit was made with my name as the next of kin and the beneficiarry to the fund. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this money in lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country. I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Five million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars (USD5.500,000) to your account in your country hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is, so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues. I will gladly give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last. Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clearification on the next step for smooth conclusion.
Awaiting your immediate response and God bless you.
Yours Sincerely, Miss Ruth Ndri Email: (r_ndri001@yahoo.co.uk Email: (r_ndri002@yahoo.co.uk  

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 19/09/2006 03:48:07 »
got that one today too.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 19/09/2006 04:29:40 »
Common Denominator...hehe  I have the smoothest one yet...which I will post in just a bit...stayed tuned to this channel right after these commercials...hehe

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19/09/2006 07:10:57 »
Here you go!  It looks legit...but don't believe it!

Dear Lo,

My name is Michael S. Smith and a Playwright Artist by profession, I am 40 years old Christian, single and based in Lagos, Nigeria but have close to Sixty works [film Storylines and scripts] to my credit with best intention to get them produce in USA. Warner Bros., Paramount Communications, Twentieth Century Fox, Taurus Film Company, and Odyssey Distributors, Inc were the Production Companies that want to sign me in for production contracts and thatís why I employed the service of a famous Matawan based Literary Agent that represent my work from year 2000 till date.

I saw and read through your profile via net at ------ and found it interested then decide to contact and establish a serious relationship with you and with the hope that you will not disappoint me or to turn my request for friendship upside down. I believe that I donít have to start telling you juicy story in order to win your heart and love but I believe that when time comes you will know and understand me better due to the fact that when time comes, you will have access to my US based agent and you will be able to see and read some of my Sixty works that I have with her in her agency.

Kindly be informed that you donít have to start judging or condemning me because of Iím not an American Citizen or because Iím living at a far away distance to you or because of the immoral attitude of some among our citizens in your country due to the fact that human beings are not the same in behavior or character. Iím assuring you that when time comes you will know who I am, the type of person I am, what I can do and what I cannot do either right away from my country here in Nigeria or when I come to start dwelling with you in United States because I will open your eyes to various lucrative businesses that you can do and that will be profitable to you, and I will likewise reveal the mode and shady deals that some of our citizens used to do in order to dupe foreigners of their wealth so as to prevent you and your people from falling into their traps.

I will be very much glad if you could please put this into consideration and accept my proposal so as to enable me establish a serious relationship with you, and I promise you that you will not regret knowing and establishing a serious relationship with me and likewise you will not feel or have any disappointment from me after establishing a serious relationship with each other. Please you are to tell me your full name, e-mail address, contact address, and phone number in your reply for easy communications Thanks in anticipation of your prompt and positive response to this request.

Sincerely Yours,

Michael S. Smith

"Lo" Loretta

Offline thayo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 20/09/2006 00:40:16 »
Lo.This looks scary and serious, looks spamy!Pls cross your fingers

lets keep trying the untried since the birth of science innovations have been like  toy but their impacts have rocked the world

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 20/09/2006 04:46:29 »
Really Thayo...why do you say that?

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 20/09/2006 07:13:03 »
JEESH hes not very smooth...HEE HEE HEE!!!!!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 20/09/2006 07:28:57 »
I know...hello check out the website...very generic...hard to follow too...hmmm  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 20/09/2006 07:46:32 »
I will ok!

Karen

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 23/09/2006 20:52:27 »
Well, it's about time I received one...here it is !!

These were all over the place years ago...nice to see the dutch are keeping their end up again !!

E-MAIL AWARD NOTICE!!!

SKY-LO INTERNATIONAL ONLINE E-GAMES
Lotto Winners of 1,500,000.00 Euros
Ref. Number: 35149/337-5247/LN1
Coupon Number: NL132478

ELECTRONIC MAIL AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today of winners of the SKY-LO ONLINE E-GAMES LOTTERY POGRAMS held on 12th September 2006.Your Company or your personal e-mail address is attached to winning number 20-01-2005-02MSW, with serial number S/N-00168 drew the lucky numbers 887-13-865-37-10-83, and consequently won in the first lottery category.

You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of One Million Five Hundred Thousand EUROS (1,500,000.00) in cash credited to file REF NO: 35149/337-5247/LN1 and Coupon NO.NL132478.

This is from total prize money of  10,687,000 EUROS, shared among the Twenty  international winners in this category.

All participants were selected through our Microsoft computer ballot system drawn form 21,000 names, 3,000 names from each continent, as part of International "E-MAIL" Promotions Program, which is conducted once in every four years for our prominent MS WORD user all over the world,and for the continues use of E-mail.

Your fund has been deposited in an escrow account with our affiliate Bank here in NETHERLAND, and insured with your  REF NO: 35149/337-5247/LN1 and your E-mail address.

You are to keep your ref. number and coupon number from the public, until you have been processed and your money remitted to your personal account.We hope with your prize, you will be happy to promote the use of E-mail and the use of MS WORD.

To claim your winning prize, you must first contact the claims department by email or call for processing and remittance of your prize money to you.Your assigned claims Director contact is:

MR.JAMES KELLER
GERTENBACHSTAAT 90
1106 WC AMSTERDAM
THE NETHERLAND
TEL: +31-644-911-684
FAX:+31-847-262-754
Email:claimsdirector33@netscape.net

He is to help you in claiming your due prize. Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later than the 3rd October, 2006. All funds not claimed on or before the fixed date will be penalized accordingly.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference and coupon numbers in all correspondences with your claims director.All response should be sent to claimsdirector33@netscape.net

Sincerely,

Mrs. Edsilia Simon
For SKY-LO E-GAMES, NETHERLAND.

Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 24/09/2006 04:27:17 »
Hey Neil, I have not seen this one,  all the others yes... Their are so many of these things...

Karen

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 03/10/2006 15:16:28 »
I AM SO LUCKY !!

Every day for the last week I have had emails like this one:

E.U LOTTERY ONLINE AGENCY.
                             SCHIPHOL RAI 6 HS 1101 BX
                             AMSTERDAM - THE NETHERLAND                            

E.U Lottery Online Agency Terms and conditions (Payment Application form)

Congratulations!!!

We the entire staff of E.U LOTTERY ONLINE AGENCY, wishes to congratulate you for being one of E.U LOTTERY ONLINE WINNER. This is an independent promotion and is unconnected to any publication. No purchase necessary.

Outlined herein are the terms and conditions for claiming your prize:

1. The form must be properly filled out. Any wrong information provided will result in automatic disqualification.

2. Winners will be referred to an independent attorney here in the Netherlands to have their forms notarised in order to obtain the Award Certificate from the Netherlands Gaming Control Board. (This attorney will act as an arbitrator).

3. All winnings must be notarised here in The Netherlands by order of the N.G.C.B.

4. As the winner be sure you fill out the application form and sign, before contacting Lawyer.

5. The notarisation and acquisition of the Award Certificate completes the claim process, failure to do so will cause you to forfeit the prize.

6. Any leak of your winning information resulting in a double claim, will nullify your winnings.

7. Your winning prize has been placed in an escrow account pending the completion of your claim process.

8. Note also, that you are not obliged in any way to claim this prize award and you have every right to reject.

9. Our employees and/or that of the organizer or their relatives are excluded from participating in this program.

10. To be eligible for claim you must complete the claims process before the deadline stated in the winning notification you received by the lottery company.

11. Filing a claim means acceptance of the full terms and conditions of the lottery.

12. When replying to this mail state your full name and country of residence/telephone number where you can be reach.

If you agree to the terms and conditions, reply to this mail stating that you agree to the terms and conditions and that you wish to proceed to claim your prize, You are to fill the attach application form and Payment scheme form, and send it to the lawyerís office for the notarisation of your winning prize, to enable the lawyer acquire your Award Certificate from N.G.C.B. without the notarised form the N.G.C.B. will not issue the Award Certificate which makes you legally entitled to the winning prize, because without this you have no legal claim on your winning.

You are advice to send the filled form to the Lawyerís contact below via fax or e-mail:

Barrister Mark Hugh.
AMSTERDAM
THE NETHERLANDS.
Tel:  +31-622-315-233
Fax: +31-84-716-0189
E-mail: Markhugh@mail.lawgurucom

CONGRATULATIONS!

Note: The claiming process must be completed before the deadline. The expiration date is stated in the winning notification that was sent to you by the lottery company.

Yours faithfully,

Miss. Lillian Morgan,
(Director of winning claim department).

All from different organisations, but all based in Holland.

I am so happy !!...I have written back to them to tell them how I can't believe how lucky I am and for them to please send me my cheques...but they have not written back for my address yet...never mind....when I receive all my winnings..I will pay for all of us to meet in some exotic location and get covered in baby oil !!..I can't wait !! ...lucky lucky me !!..YAYYYYYYYYYYY !!! :D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 03/10/2006 15:21:05 »
OK OK THe baby oil thing might be fun!! Well now I must say that yesterday my box was stuffed with all of the above including the lotto one,  I might win and run away...to parts unknown.....YAAAAY!

By the way MIss Lillian Morgan was My Grandmother!!!LOL I have seen her name on many of these scams...Always Laugh because that really was Grandma's name... Lillian Viola Morgan!! How about that?

Karen
« Last Edit: 03/10/2006 15:23:40 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03/10/2006 15:27:26 »
MAM..the bay oil thing WILL be fun !!....I can't believe how lucky you are too.....it's so wonderful isn't it ?...we're all going to be rich !!

That's spooky about your grandmas name !!....woooooo !!

Neil

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 03/10/2006 15:30:36 »
Yes funny huh!! Where are we all going on this fun trip when we win Sir! I want to go to the Virgin Islands.....St. Thomas... I here it is a beautiful tropical oasis of goodness!!! Have you ever been there in your travels?

Karen

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 03/10/2006 15:39:02 »
I have NOT been there Mam...I should go because I'm still a Virgin !! ;)

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03/10/2006 15:42:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by neilep

I have NOT been there Mam...I should go because I'm still a Virgin !! ;)

Me too!;)

Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03/10/2006 15:55:42 »
Me three...LOL I do want to go.. hubby said it was paridise!!

Karen

Offline Gaia

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 03/10/2006 16:15:13 »
You'll all be starting a cult soon and wanting peeps to worship you - having kids whilst still virgins   ;)

Or maybe it's all just a hoax   :D

Gaia  xxx
« Last Edit: 03/10/2006 16:16:13 by Gaia »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 03/10/2006 16:18:39 »
HEE HEE HEE HEE.....That would be amazing indeed! LOL Good morning friend.. how are you doing... are you feeling any better?

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 03/10/2006 16:45:30 »
Yes are you feeling better...I better stay off that island then with all those virgins some of them could be in trouble...hehe

"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 03/10/2006 17:05:06 »
UH OH LO!!!

Karen

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?