The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why gravity of earth is all attraction toward earth, no repulsion (corrected)  (Read 10793 times)

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: bingbisnar19
I am tellig something you dont know.
This is just plain silly. When I said tell me something I don't know I was referring to your comment
(a) when two north poles of two magnets are made to contact one another: both repulse (negative), (b)when north pole and south pole are made to contact one another, both bind (positive).
which is something every single physicist on earth knows like the back of his hand. It's like trying to tell a mathematician (which I am as well) that 1 + 1 = 2.

But no, you're not telling me anything I don't know. Not at all as a matter of fact. I don't wish to come off as arrogant. I'm going to say this to make something clear for the purpose of this discussion. I've been a professional physicist for two and a half decades now. I've studied electrodynamics at every level that there is from basic Physics course in college, to an undergraduate course in college and as a full course in graduate school. I aced all of these courses as a matter of fact.

That's how I know that everything that I said is correct and that all the corrections I made to your posts and comments are exactly what I said was wrong with them. And merely claiming that you told me something I don't know and saying that I have to read between the lines is the same thing as saying nothing.

re - That preceding answer was ok. - I have no idea what answer you're referring to.

At this time I see that its not worth continuing. I don't see any willingness on your part to pick up a text on electrodynamics and learn it the correct way or read my website and educate yourself that way, .... unless I'm wrong.

Are you willing to learn?

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: evan_au
Some geologists think that the Earth's magnetic field may be in the process of reversing.
If so, the definition may need to be enhanced to refer to the North Pole of the Earth as it was in the year 1900.
Not at all. That's how it was originally defined. Now we use the direction defined using current in a wire. The current creates a magnetic field which forms circles around the wire. We then take tiny compasses and place them around the wire and that's how we define the magnetic field, i.e. by the direction that the compass needle points (of course one has to be careful since the field is three-dimensional. Please see Figure  13 at  http://home.comcast.net/~peter.m.brown/em/laws_of_electrodynamics.htm

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: gazza711
Oh yeah.Well gravity cant exist in a vacuum?answer that holmes.
Where on earth did you ever get such an erroneous idea like that? Gravity most certainly does work in a vacuum. How do you think that all of the planets, asteroids and comets orbit the sun if the gravity can't exist in a vacuum? This was clear to Newton and was part of his thinking process. Nobody has ever asserted, demonstrated or proved otherwise.

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
Earth is rotating, orbiting, the whole earth becomes conductive, capacitive,  that everything on surface, including atmosphere, and extension gravity on outer space,  are being attracted downward toward center of earth,.. like  the conductive, capacitive of IPad that a light finger touch on screen of IPad  binds with the capacitive of  IPad.  . 
jsaldea 11.15.14

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Earth is rotating, orbiting, the whole earth becomes conductive, capacitive,  that everything on surface, including atmosphere, and extension gravity on outer space,  are being attracted downward toward center of earth,.. like  the conductive, capacitive of IPad that a light finger touch on screen of IPad  binds with the capacitive of  IPad.  . 
jsaldea 11.15.14
Why would you think that anybody would be interested in your comments. No physicists worth their salt would pay attention to such a word salad unless there was some sort of derivation to establish that what you're claim, is in fact, true. So why would we be any different?

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
ye.a couple of drinks wrote that statement.dont what I was thinking.

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
Why would anybody be interested? No comment jsaldea 11.15.16

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
Anout the reversal of polarity of earth...shows the behavior of positive and negative, can flip, shows that positive and negative property of the opposite law are one, can swing to one direction, it becomes positive, can swing to the opposite side, it becomes negative but there is always the mandatory dividing middle, dividing north pole and south pole equally. The sun flips almost monthly? as such, nothing happens to earth. In like manner, if and when the polarity of earth flip, nothing serious can happen. jsaldea12 11.15.14

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Why would anybody be interested?
That's correct. You think you've written and/or came up with a scientific theory for gravitational attraction but you haven't. What you've done so far is very far from working in within the bounds of the scientific method. Anybody can come in here and make any kind of claim that they want to and then expect everyone else to decipher what they've written and find out for themselves why what they've said to be correct. Well sir. That's just not how science works and time and time again I've been PLEADING with you to download that text I referred to and start reading exactly how physics and physicists work. And you've constantly and very very silently refused to do so and not explain to us why you should be different than every one else that came before you and did it correctly. I ask and I ask and what do you do
? Nothing. That's what you do. You won't answer my questions as to why you refuse to download that text and read it and start to do things the right way rather than the wrong way. And you don't see just how rude that is. And then you act all high and mighty when I ask you "Why would anybody be interested?" by responding with "No comment "  Do you really and truly not understand exactly what an arrogant and ignorant person that you're being "of your own choice" by the way.

To further illustrate what I mean I'm going to once again make an attempt top assist you and then when once again you refuse to take my advice and do it the right way I'll explain what you did wrong.

First we start out by telling you exactly what physics is. First we have to tell you what science is. To do this I'll give you a chapter 1 from a textbook I have called Classical Charged Particles written by a great physicist named Fritz Rohrlich. Chapter 1 is called Philosophy and Logic of Physical Theory It's from his text which is in a PDF file which I've uploaded to my website. It's at

http://home.comcast.net/~peter.m.brown/ref/philosophy_physics.pdf

If you actually read that then read the article What is Science? which was a statement that was originally drafted by the Panel on Public Affairs (POPA) of the American Physical Society, in an attempt to meet the perceived need for a very short statement that would differentiate science from pseudoscience. Am. J. Phys. 67 (8), August 1999. The article is also online at

http://home.comcast.net/~peter.m.brown/ref/what_is_science.pdf

From your actions so far I can predict that you won't do anything I've suggested and from that you'll have demonstrated my point that you're just too arrogant to want to learn.

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
"That's correct you think you have written come up with scientific theory for gravitational attraction but you have not".

...Please read and digest  again ALL. jsaldea 11.16.14

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
"That's correct.. You think you've written and/or came up with a scientific theory for gravitational attraction but you haven't."...

THEN TELL ME WHY IS GRAVITY OF EARTH ALL ATTRACTION TOWARD THE CENTER OF EARTH, NO REPULSION? Please answer. jsaldea 11.16.14

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
That's correct. You think you've written and/or came up with a scientific theory for gravitational attraction but you haven't"

Reiterating,THEN WHY GRAVITY OF EARTH IS ALL ATTRACTION TOWARD THE CENTER OF EARTH,NO REPULSION? Please answer. jsaldea 11.17.14

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
Quoted: "That's correct. You think you've written and/or came up with a scientific theory for gravitational attraction but you haven't."

Then sir, please tell me AHY GRAVITY IS ALL ATTRACTION TOWARD CENTER OF EARTH, NO REPULSION?
josaldea 11.17.14

Please print this.

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
Quoted "From your actions so far I can predict that you won't do anything I've suggested"

No comment to you,,,just read until you digest the revelation in this article: "Why gravity of earth is all attractioon toward earth, no repulsion" jsaldea 11.17.14

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
No comment jsaldea11.18.14

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
THEN TELL ME WHY IS GRAVITY OF EARTH ALL ATTRACTION TOWARD THE CENTER OF EARTH, NO REPULSION? Please answer. jsaldea 11.16.14
It's called a Law of Nature, i.e. something that is observed to be true but which can't be explained further or the mechanism is as of yet unknown. When you thought you could answer that question by using electrodynamics (EM) all you did was to shift the problem to EM because the electric field does the same thing, i.e. we don't know why like charges repel and unlike charges attract.

Consider also the following.
The purpose of Einstein’s new theory has often been misunderstood, and it has been criticized as an attempt to explain gravitation. The theory does not offer any explanation of gravitation; that lies outside its scope, and it does not even hint at a possible mechanism. It is true that we have introduced a definite hypothesis as to the relation between gravitation and a distortion of space; but if that explains anything, it explains not gravitation, but space, i.e. the scaffolding constructed for our measures. - Gravitation and the Principle of Relativity by A.S. Eddington, Nature, March 14, 1918, page 36

Had you actually have read:
http://home.comcast.net/~peter.m.brown/ref/philosophy_physics.pdf

like I told you to then you'd know why all the bogus responses you posted in the last several posts of yours are all wrong.

Let's face it. You're far to ignorant about how physics works, you've  been unable to fathom what I've explained so far about why it can't be an electric effect, i.e. because the rate of fall would depend on the charge of the body, the magnetic moment of the body and it's mass. Since all bodies which have no charge and/or is unmagnetized fall at the same rate of 9.8 m/s2  your so-called "theory" is totally wrong. Also the force on such bodies for a magnet bar magnet will not vary as 1/r2 but is observed to vary as 1/r3. There are just far too many things to your theory to explain in a thread. I'm not here to teach you physics since that's something you have to do on your own. We only  help people who are stuck with a problem or concept. You simply don't want to learn it.

It's clear to me now that you simply are unable and unwilling to learn physics I refuse to respond to anymore of your posts/comments. You just don't have what it takes and your too arrogant to go out and learn about them by picking up a college level physics text such as the one I showed you by Randal Knight and read it.

Goodbye, forever!
« Last Edit: 18/11/2014 10:44:31 by PmbPhy »

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
ye.a couple of drinks wrote that statement.dont what I was thinking.
Understood.

Please take some advice and ignore this thread altogether. It's rubbish. The OP refuses to listen to advice and ignores all the problems that I've explained that are wrong with it. He's also ignored every single reference to material I suggested to read so that he'd understand how physics works and he merely ignores it. It's a waste of time talking to him.

Offline takso

• First timers
    • View Profile

Offline takso

• First timers
    • View Profile

Offline takso

• First timers
    • View Profile

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

At an atomic-scale the gravitational-force between atoms is utterly negligible compared with electrostatic-forces between them ...

Quote from: Professor Martin Rees
Gravity is a very, very weak force. In a hydrogen molecule it pulls the two protons together with a force about 36 powers of ten weaker  than the electric force between them.
  http://astroreview.com/issue/2012/article/why-gravity-is-so-weak

Your diagrams are good graphic-design , but that doesn't mean they correspond with reality.

[ BTW a person meditating may be able to have an out-of-body-experience , which is a hallucination , they are not actually levitating ].
« Last Edit: 27/11/2014 01:01:17 by RD »

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: takso
Welcome to the forum.

There is no need to post what everyone knows about gravity, especially when nobody asked about it.

With regards to your personal theories of physics, they are not allowed to be posted in this forum. They belong in the forum entitled New Theories.

Offline bingbisnar19

• View Profile
Quoted:  ”It's called a Law of Nature, i.e. something that is observed to be true but which can't be explained”

Response: It can be explained. Please read until digested… science is progressive, not stagnant, thus, have an open mind. Regards. jsaldea12.2.14

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Response: It can be explained. Please read until digested… science is progressive, not stagnant, thus, have an open mind. Regards. jsaldea12.2.14
How dare you spout such nonsense when you refuse to address the criticism that's been levied against you? And what's with the comment when I explained to you that I wouldn't speak to you again until you learned more about physics so that you learn what's wrong with your approach, i.e. why you're merely tossing out silly ideas with no merit rather than doing real science.  I haven't see one iota of a proof or a mathematical treatment to show that your claim is true and I've proven that that claims stated without mass are clearly false.

I've already told you, again and again as a matter of fact, not merely that you're wrong but exactly why. I already did read it until it was digested and after I read it, it was still clear to me that it's all wrong. You have this highly erroneous belief that just because you find it logical that it clearly is. There is nothing further than the truth. For each point you made there is a reason why you're wrong and I clearly explained each and every mistake to you. However you're not only so closed minded that you're unable to see your mistakes but you're being so arrogant as to talk down to the people you asked to read it. Shame on you.

I'm a highly trained physicist. I've been so for several decades. I went to graduate school and have the equivalent of a masters degree in physics (I missed a couple credits out of well over a hundred due to family illness). I know the subject matter solid, which is much more than I can say for you. And you don't even understand the principles of science which I'll now explain to you. You should read it at

What is Science Am. J. Phys. 67 (8),
The following statement was originally drafted by the Panel on Public Affairs (POPA) of the American Physical Society, in an attempt to meet the perceived need for a very short statement that would differentiate science from pseudoscience.
This statement has been endorsed as a proposal to other scientific societies by the Council of the American Physical Society, and was endorsed by the Executive Board of the American Association of Physics Teachers at its meeting
in Atlanta, 20 March 1999.

Science is the systematic enterprise of gathering knowledge about the world and organizing and condensing
that knowledge into testable laws and theories.

The success and credibility of science is anchored in the willingness of scientists to:

1) expose their ideas and results to independent testing and replication by other scientists; this requires the complete and open exchange of data, procedures and materials;

2) abandon or modify accepted conclusions when confronted with more complete or reliable experimental evidence.

Adherence to these principles provides a mechanism for self-correction that is the foundation of the credibility
of science.
American Association of Physics Teachers
You're not doing almost nothing to meet this. So don't you dare lecture me of something I know so well and you demonstrated that you know so little. Especially when you don't address the criticism that's been levied against you.

And then when I tell you that I won't respond to anything else you say  until you address the criticism that I've posted and proved it to be wrong you have the audacity to post such a childish challenge such as this? Who do you think you're speaking to, High School students or something? Far from it.
« Last Edit: 02/12/2014 04:29:16 by PmbPhy »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
Quoted:  ”It's called a Law of Nature, i.e. something that is observed to be true but which can't be explained”

OK then present the mathematics that supports your point of view. My guess is you can't because you have not even studied electromagnetism. I am willing to be corrected. So there is your challenge. If you can't then your thread is not worth the waste of time in reading it. Simply saying a magnet attracts at both poles is not enough.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length