The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why does the full moon make me feel dizzy?  (Read 3224 times)

Offline thedoc

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Why does the full moon make me feel dizzy?
« on: 17/10/2014 22:30:01 »
Marvin asked the Naked Scientists:
I was listening the 'Question of the week' series and felt compelled to write in relation to "25.09.13 Does a full moon affect my sleep?". I have always been affected by air-pressure and the full moon too! And I thought I was the only one as well! I felt immediately sympathetic for the caller who posed the question. It's not about sleep for me, however, it's about dizziness and the tendency to drop things and be more clumsy - this has a marked effect during full moon and to some extent high air pressure. It took me a long time to associate the increase in the tendency to drop things with the full moon, but eventually I noticed the correlation. It doesn't always happen, but when it's happening a lot, I always think 'must be full moon soon' and it's usually either full or a few days off. With air pressure, I can feel when it's changing, due to the pressure in my head/sinuses and I can often feel when there's going to be a storm, even before it's obvious from the weather. Anyway, maybe you can let home know it's not just him whose a bit of a 'lunatic' :-)

Love your shows and podcasts! Excellent work. One of the best things on the web/radio. Long may it continue. So much better than the over-presented, over-produced, light-on-content stuff you get most of the time.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 17/10/2014 22:30:01 by _system »

The Naked Scientists Forum

Why does the full moon make me feel dizzy?
« on: 17/10/2014 22:30:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums