The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Alternate coma treatment?  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Aner

• First timers
    • View Profile
Alternate coma treatment?
« on: 07/12/2003 08:02:38 »
My grandmother has been in coma for a week following heart failure which resulted in cutting off oxygen supply to the brain for an unknown time. I am desperately looking for any treatment methods that my be unknown in standard medicinal practice (the doctors seem stumped)

My e-mail: weissrabe@hotmail.com

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: Alternate coma treatment?
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/2003 20:41:59 »
This is a difficult situation to cope with, and a difficult situation for doctors to make predictions about the possible outcomes.

Without knowing the extent of the brain injury that has occurred it is very difficult to provide you with adequate guidance about the possible long term prospects. Has she had a head CT ?

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline luckywood

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14/02/2004 14:45:50 »
Hi, I think you have to look into coma acupuncture brain herbal medicine -in google search engine for her coma problems.

There are a few good site there.

Offline MachineGhost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18/02/2004 06:50:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by Aner

My grandmother has been in coma for a week following heart failure which resulted in cutting off oxygen supply to the brain for an unknown time. I am desperately looking for any treatment methods that my be unknown in standard medicinal practice (the doctors seem stumped)

My e-mail: weissrabe@hotmail.com

If you're really desparate, you can try what informed naturopathic doctors do with patients dying (like from a heart attack) and that is putting in 10 dropperfuls or more of the hottest cayenne pepper tincture (250,000+ heat units) to bring them back from the brink of death.  But please only do this with doctor supervision as a coma patient may have trouble keeping their airway clear and you're going to need some seriously soothing ointment or treatment for the inflammed soft tissues in the mouth afterwards.  But that's a small price to pay if it works.

Machine Ghost
« Last Edit: 18/02/2004 06:52:24 by MachineGhost »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 18/02/2004 06:50:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums