The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Update on Sag A*  (Read 1364 times)

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
Update on Sag A*
« on: 08/01/2015 12:55:38 »
Recently the G2 gas cloud passed our galaxy's central black hole unscathed, however some emissions were recorded from another source. This should provide some interesting theoretical musings.

http://news.sciencemag.org/physics/2015/01/galaxy-s-central-black-hole-generates-x-ray-surprises

Offline JohnDuffield

• View Profile
Re: Update on Sag A*
« Reply #1 on: 08/01/2015 13:35:01 »
Interesting article, thanks Jeffrey. For myself, I think Freidwardt Winterberg's firewall just has to be right. That's where matter is annihilated as it falls into a black hole, so you see flashes and flares. See this where you can read this:

"...If the balance of forces holding together elementary particles is destroyed near the event horizon, all matter would be converted into zero rest mass particles which could explain the large energy release of gamma ray bursters".
« Last Edit: 08/01/2015 13:37:19 by JohnDuffield »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/01/2015 17:02:10 »
Interesting article, thanks Jeffrey. For myself, I think Freidwardt Winterberg's firewall just has to be right. That's where matter is annihilated as it falls into a black hole, so you see flashes and flares. See this where you can read this:

"...If the balance of forces holding together elementary particles is destroyed near the event horizon, all matter would be converted into zero rest mass particles which could explain the large energy release of gamma ray bursters".

Well that is something I have wondered about. It would prevent violation of c which otherwise would have to occur in the reference frame of an infalling observer. People may argue the point with me on that one though. I do have some ideas boiling away which are associated with gravitoweak theory which may actually change the whole black hole situation and the way we look at it. The G2 gas cloud is a good indicator of what is likely going on.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 08/01/2015 17:02:10 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums