The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: hi ganja  (Read 4075 times)

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
hi ganja
« on: 22/09/2006 15:26:08 »
does anyone know a good pain killer
apart from ganja
one love
RASTAMAN
xxxx

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Re: hi ganja
« Reply #1 on: 22/09/2006 15:52:59 »
Hi Rastaman,

Have you tried the ususal bunch ?..Ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetmol ?

Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22/09/2006 16:10:04 »
Hi
Yes I have had every pain killer uner the SUN
I was told by my consultan today another back operation.
he asked me how do i deal with the pain,Itold him i smoke GANJA. he said no problem.
ONE LOVE
RSATAMAN
XXXXX

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22/09/2006 16:15:27 »
I am sorry you need another back op !....but pleased that GANJA works for you.

I've heard in some cases it's available on prescription !..or did I hear that wrong ?...have you tried to get it prescribed ?

Do you smoke it or eat it ?

I do wish you well.

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22/09/2006 16:22:44 »
YES I HAVE TIED TO GET ON THE NHS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GRT IT IS IN HOLLAND THEY GIVE IT IN TADLET FORM
AND IT WORKS
ONE LOVE
RASTAMAN
XXXXXX

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22/09/2006 16:40:00 »
That's a shame....but I sure I saw a news article about it being prescribed.....perhaps it was only for a specific condition !...yes..yes..now that I think of it...it was for a specific illness.....oh well !!

Good luck and be well

Offline RASTAMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22/09/2006 16:42:45 »
I am sorry you need another back op !....but pleased that GANJA works for you.

I've heard in some cases it's available on prescription !..or did I hear that wrong ?...have you tried to get it prescribed ?

Do you smoke it or eat it ?

I do wish you well.
I SmOKE IT IT IS GOOD FOR PAIN

another_someone

« Reply #7 on: 22/09/2006 23:26:21 »
The following is something that happened to be posted on another domain that I use, and I will copy here the pertinent parts (it is written by someone who has some nursing background, and has recently been doing some voluntary work in a hospice, and so is slanted towards pain caused by terminal cancer - although she is not, as far as I am aware, suffering from cancer, but has various other medical problems).  I hope I won't get lynched for copying it here without her prior consent.

quote:

If pain isn't allowed to build up, it's far easier to control. For anyone who regularly suffers pain, it's a good idea to take four-hourly paracetamol as baseline pain control. This can be 'upped' on the pain control ladder by a prescription of codeine plus paracetamol, before stuff like Sevredol (short acting morphine) or MST Continuus (slow release morphine) is brought in when the mid-ladder stuff doesn't work. People can be on one preparation of morphine or other for years, again flying in the face of the popular myth that once you're 'on the morphine' death is a few weeks away.

For anyone dealing with constant, disabling pain (tends to happen a lot amongst the Sisters) may I announce that I've found a drug of heavenly efficacy? It's called pregabalin, or Lyrica. I've been on morphine for at least five years and hate the stuff. The constipation is the worst. Then along comes Lyrica and, wonder of wonders, I'm feeling slightly closer to human than normal. I'm in the process of switching (and it has to be a slow switch, or I'll go cold turkey) between the two drugs and there's a bit of hope on the horizon.

Trouble is, the last time I responded to a 'wonder' drug, it turned out to be Vioxx...... bugger and damn. I still have a small supply but it's the dropping dead abruptly thing that makes me save them for best. 8-(

George

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 22/09/2006 23:26:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums