The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Risperdal  (Read 12737 times)

Offline Tree

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Risperdal
« Reply #25 on: 16/01/2004 21:33:48 »
Hi Shelley,
 check with a nutrionist?

e.g. newbielink:http://www.yournutrition.co.uk/health_problems/depression_m.htm [nonactive]

These guys are in England and there is a bit about Pyroluria on this page. You can phone them.

Offline Chavo

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29/01/2004 04:08:25 »
hmm I was wondering I didnt know where to post it but is Risperdal available in australia and how much it costs?
since my b/f is on it and is moving here to be with my family and we were wondering if it was available here and the price of it

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #27 on: 29/01/2004 12:26:13 »
The generic name for Risperdal is risperidone. It is one of the most widely used atypical antipsychotics. I think it is also the no. 1 agent currently in use in America. You will, without doubt, be able to get it in Australia.

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline Jay M. Fredrickson

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29/01/2004 16:48:49 »
Just my two cents on the topic...

I used to do work with high risk/violent youth, one of which was on a daily medication of resperidone 3x daily. Although the dosages were lower in their case due to age, we supplemented his diet with high end supplements and noticed a marked improvement in behavioral instances within the first weeks.

I would just like to say that while many people have different stances on the role of supplementation, I am a strong believer.

General science and the medical community is sloooowly starting to come around in realizing the benefits of supplementation as well. (JAMA - newbielink:http://www.humannutrition.com/JAMARecommendsSupplements.php [nonactive] )

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29/01/2004 17:25:17 »
With the heavy vitamin B supplements?
« Last Edit: 30/01/2004 02:13:34 by bezoar »

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29/01/2004 17:59:46 »
The supplements used were a youth version of a product line which had the following:
newbielink:http://www.usana-nutritionals.com/products/SFACTS_USNUPRODUCT_21007.html [nonactive]

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30/01/2004 02:15:05 »
Wasn't there some work done with supplements in hyperactive children as well?

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30/01/2004 03:06:14 »
I believe you're right. If you stumble across any journals or articles stating trials please pass along the info.

Offline bezoar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30/01/2004 14:36:51 »
Haven't read much on that since my hyperactive stepson grew up.  There was also emphasis on food additives causing allergies, hence, the Feingold Diet which was all about limiting foods with certain additives that made hyperactives worse.  Even got down to added dyes in medicines.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #33 on: 30/01/2004 14:36:51 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums