The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: You know it's going to be a good day when.......  (Read 64422 times)

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
Re: You know it's going to be a good day when.......
« Reply #200 on: 05/01/2007 17:33:38 »
It's  ok now hun. Spoke to him last night. But wish it hadn't happened, I'm his supervisor and it doesn't look very good on me. I'm really starting to lose interest at this place, it's definintely not like what it used to be, a giant bouncy castle with a ball pool and lots of candy  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 05/01/2007 18:33:24 »
I am sorry, and wish it had not been that way..Those kind of confrontations always bother me.. Even when I know I am not at fault! I am sorry..

Offline DrN

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 06/01/2007 00:03:05 »
You all sound like you need to find new jobs! I'm hoping my new one is better, the people seem to be a little more grown up here. in my last job someone complained to his boss about me, who then complained to my boss. He said that I had repeatedly been using a piece of equipment in the wrong way, which was causing it to repeatedly malfunction. unfortunately for him, the record book determined that I was not the person at fault, and even so, I was using the equipment in precisely the way that he had told me to do so! I told my boss all this, and she in turn went back to the other persons boss, and everthing was fine. but the worse thing was that he never thought to mention any problems to me at all, or even check I knew how I should have been using the bloody thing! my last few jobs have been full of people like that, its very wearing.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 06/01/2007 02:25:22 »
 I have worked with people like that and It is very difficult to say the least.. Not a good work situation.. I am sorry!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #204 on: 08/01/2007 06:35:58 »
Yikes Meg!~  It was not a good situation...good thing you found a new job!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 08/01/2007 07:42:54 »
Sure is!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
You know it's going to be a good day when.......
« Reply #206 on: 12/01/2007 05:24:53 »
It was a good day as I thought they were going to kick me out of my office today and give it to the new assistant manger...whew!  Bless her heart she is stuck in the hall at a very small desk....it is a good day!  LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 12/01/2007 05:26:33 »
I am glad Loretta.. That is a good day! LOL

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 12/01/2007 06:56:27 »
Good news too...One of my co-workers landed a job at a compeititor property and wants to meet with me on Monday for lunch...I laughed at him and asked him if he was filling some position...LOL  he said yes...who knows I will take a look at it and see what I can find out?  It will be most interesting or most amusing?  (almost a double negative...hehe)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 12/01/2007 07:04:12 »
That is interesting. Is this co-worker someone you trust!!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 12/01/2007 07:19:02 »
Someone who I trained for a property before when he worked for us...oh, yeah, I trust him....I am a very cautious person...contrary to what people may think...LOL  Okay, I am spontaneous...but, why wouldn't I trust him, he knows how I operate and wants me to work on their properties..but I am afraid they wont pay me enough...but it is worth a shot to listen at the responsibilities of the job anyways...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 12/01/2007 07:45:46 »
 YEAH wouldn't that be great if this was the right open door? EH??

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 12/01/2007 21:36:54 »
Never know how many doors I will walk through...but when I walk through the right one..it will be right...or I hope. 

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 13/01/2007 05:33:31 »
It will Loretta your a smart cookie, and you know what your looking for and what you want!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 15/01/2007 03:19:01 »
It's  ok now hun. Spoke to him last night. But wish it hadn't happened, I'm his supervisor and it doesn't look very good on me. I'm really starting to lose interest at this place, it's definintely not like what it used to be, a giant bouncy castle with a ball pool and lots of candy  ;)

I am sorry about this Daniel, but I do hope that things will go smoother for you from now on.. Have you looked for work elsewhere..? I remember you said that once you moved you wanted to try to find something else. Maybe the right something is close at hand.. That would be nice.. How did your week go last week and better yet how did the new girl go.. Did you tell us her name?  I can't remember. LOL I hope things went well in the new day!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 15/01/2007 17:12:57 »
The new girl eh, her name is Emma and I met up with her last night and three of her friends. One of which was her ex, but I only found that out a little later on.
Let me start from the beginning. I received a text from Emma asking if I was busy Sunday evening and that if I would like to join her and a couple of mates. I said that would be lovely but that I would have to meet her a little later as I was going round to see my family. That was fine. Although a little curious as to whom I would be meeting I enquired, she never replied and I never pushed. Anywho, Emma and her friends were going for Tapas at this nice restaurant/bar called El Puerto with live Flamenco music which was amazing. So I arrived, heart beating a little harder as to how the evening would go and who I would be joining. At first I could not see her, so I ordered a drink at the bar and sent her a text to say that I couldn't see her, I'm at the bar. About 15 mins went by and all of a sudden I saw her looking for me, our eyes caught each other and with a smile and a hug greeted. She told me where she was sitting and I joined them shortly after waiting for another drink at the bar. There were two blokes, Alex and James and there was a lovely lady called Kate I believe. It all started off slow, I felt a little out of place, especially when it came down to what everyone does for a living. Oh dear I wish I could have run far away at that point. Hearing that James is a Lawyer and Alex is a Recruitment Consultant made me feel a little small. I don't know what Kate does as she was a little quiet and in the end didn't stay all that long in the end. So after a few conversations going on and especially when either Alex and Emma would say about the things they did, or the places they stayed at I was horrified to find myself sitting next to her boyfriend, well that's what I thought at the time. A little later on Alex excused himself to go for a cigarette and asked if I'd like to join him, I agreed and this is when I found out that Emma and himself had in fact split up and now were only friends. They both wanted different things and considering that Alex is 10 years older I can fully understand.
From then on I was a little more relaxed as although it's a situation that I don't really care for, the person you are interested in and meeting their ex. But to be fair, he seems like a very nice bloke. It got late and Alex decided that he would go home as he had to be up early the next day for work. About half an hour later or so we all left as El Puerto were closing and we were off for another possible drink elsewhere. This didn't happen and to be honest I didn't think that it would, definitely not on a Sunday evening. We all said our goodbyes and what not and each went our separate ways. My head was all over the place, trying to make sense of the evening and my feelings. I came to a conclusion I have had many times before, and it's one I don't care for. I like Emma, but things are a little complicated on her behalf, therefore I don't think anything will become of it apart from a friendship............. Oh well, good job I still have my fishing pole to hand ( Wheres Neil when you need him to make a joke  ;) ) and I still have my love for dry humping  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 15/01/2007 17:28:56 »
 We all Love you Daniel..  You still have all of us too!! So There!! Thought you would be rid of us so easy eh??? LOL LOL Not a chance buddy!! I am sorry it was awkward to say the least.. I know how that can be..

Hey you.. you should never be embarrassed by what you do for a living we can't all be doctors and lawers nor would we want to be.. Man I am a preschool teacher who loves kids, I don't make squat for money, I am a poor gal.. With both my husband and I working we try to make ends meet.. It is not easy.. But I am not ashamed and you should not be either.. You are good with people you are good at your job obviously and that in and of itself is something to be proud of.

You are incr3dibly funny! also! You are a good man and a great friend... Good things are heading to you wait and see!!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 15/01/2007 17:38:36 »
Awwww thank you sweetie  [:X]

Sometimes I do feel ashamed of my job, othertimes I'm ashamed with myself for not doing something about it. This year I hope to try and get something I will enjoy, wonder if anyone is looking for a dry humper ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 15/01/2007 17:45:40 »
LOL.. Well I think if you post that add in the wrong place you may find your self working 24 hours a day!!! That be the wrong add for Lonesome gals.... LOL LOL LOL You will have your hands full, Literally!!! LOL LOL

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 15/01/2007 18:43:35 »
Sounds like fun though  :D ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 15/01/2007 18:57:25 »
Yes right up your alley... LOL Your so funny!! Better get your phone handy it will be ringing off the hook! LOL

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 29/01/2007 17:29:07 »
After getting into work and changing into my uniform I realised that I have a hole in my sock allowing one of my little tootsie to get out  ;)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 29/01/2007 17:35:41 »
Don't you hate when that happens..If you can find a nice napkin, you can put in in your sock make sure it is folded in a way it just spreads out over the toe and blocks the hole.. It feels better untill you can get home. You may have to do it a couple times throughout the day. Folded toilet paper works two.. like a lining, it just blocks the whole... if you put it in real smoothly!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 29/01/2007 17:44:40 »
I'm not actually in any discomfort, to be honest I'm having a little fun popping my toe in and out of the hole  ;)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 30/01/2007 01:41:04 »
were you bored dansy...lol

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #224 on: 30/01/2007 01:41:04 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums