The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Is dark energy killing us?  (Read 1846 times)

ClaesN

Is dark energy killing us?
« on: 05/02/2015 11:31:19 »
Galaxies are traveling away from each other and the universe is getting more desolate. An even closer problem is the ageing of our sun. Do we have 500 million years on this planet? Or will we destroy the environment ourselves in only years to come, or will asteroids simply wipe us out tomorrow? We have to look out in space in order to survive, but what are we doing? We destroy our planet and kill each other anyway!

We positively tend to group together according to gender, religion, wealth, nation or whatever life we celebrate, often in causes regarding life and death. Call it human gravity. We choose charismatic group leaders, waving manifests and prophets speaking the “right” words. But people who don’t line up might get hurt:

We subjectively identify other groups and sometimes tend to distance ourselves from them in various levels of conflict. When communication fails, we seek a third partner to ally with; we lie; call the enemy bad names and point fingers at them calling them sinners. In the end we are willing to risk our own lives in order to eliminate the enemy. We look at the history and define evil committed upon us, and use it to legitimate evil committed by us. We call ourselves violated victims with the right to defend ourselves. Are we victims? We are survivors of 4 billion years of evolution anyway.

We might have debates between each other in order to find common ground. That’s gravity. But look at the world! We see the polarization of groups and an increase in conflicts. The world is shaking and trembling out of balance. This is the dark energy in our world pulling us apart and leaving the losers and the so-called sinners out in the cold without mercy, easy targets for the sharks. It might be a universal law, but who is in control? The sharks?

We need to help fish from falling out getting even more polarized. We need to reach down in the pits and get our hands dirty. Enlighten the sharks and light up structures of evil that is working to increase the effect of dark energy and capitalizing on it.

We have to work on the gravity and fill the void of dark energy with love, science, good food, physical activity and creativity, or whatever makes our dearest happy and ourselves. We should compete with each other, and we should cooperate under the flag of communication. Times when we have been stranded on islands we have worked together in order to stay alive. Now this desolate island is called earth. Every mind and pair of hands is essential to survive the future.

But beware, we might increase the dark energy ourselves, when pointing fingers at others. We should neither become too holy nor deny our human nature, because too much gravity will also kill us. Its all about love, balance, respect and communication, and the Golden rule…We know, its written in our hearts. To be, is the answer to Hamlets question. But still we fight…

Is there any research made that might strengthen these words, or are these values of religion?
« Last Edit: 05/02/2015 11:34:38 by ClaesN »

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is dark energy killing us?
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/2015 23:40:06 »

Is there any research made that might strengthen these words, or are these values of religion?
You have a wide choice religion, philosophy, sociology, psychology, politics, all of these will have forums that will discuss your ideas.
I doubt you will find answers here as most topics deal with reality (ish).
I wish you luck in your quest.

Offline diethyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/02/2015 03:30:18 »
NONONO, Light can overcome everything! Ahhhh

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21/02/2015 05:53:29 »
NONONO, Light can overcome everything! Ahhhh

Ahhhh protect me from the light
Protect me from the violet, ultra effective to flay my skin
Protect me from the light
Protect me from the red, infra the far and near. Burn me from the outside in.
Go longer, O waves of micro burn me from the inside out.
Go shorter, O waves of gamma ionise my very soul
O Arceye, strike not thy rod upon the steel, it blindeth me. Protect me with thy helmet of weldation.
Ah, sweet soothing darkness, protect me from the light.

Offline domkarr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2015 23:14:44 »
I think that maybe you misunderstand dark energy on a fundamental level. Dark energy is simply space or more definatively the space between mass. Dark energy may have some sort of negative impact on the human mind that has not yet been considered but the actual negative forces that you refer to are basic human instincts.

The instinct to group together, as you referred to, comes from the days when we were still a very weak species on the planet.
A time when we needed to be like that in order to survive against much larger and more dangerous species than our own.
You know, big cats and mammals that saw us as lunch.
We banded together and combined with our ability to create tools we were able to hunt nearly everything bigger than us into extinction.

Unfortunately that survival instinct didn't go extinct and we turned it on other bands of humans. That is the nature of war; fear of an opposing force and the ability to strike first and much harder than the other side ever could just in case they get that idea first.

If it wasn't for nuclear technology we would still be having major wars, it's only our basic instinct for self preservation that keeps us from doing so.
IE. we cannot have a nuclear war because everyone would die.
The truth is that we are the sole cause and creation of our greatest fears because try as we might we are still too primitive to overcome our most basic instincts. If we can manage to overcome that then we can experience lasting peace as proved by nuclear war.

Discussing these things is of course a positive step into finding a way forward where we don't have to wipe ourselves out. Sorry to say it mate but blaming space on our own failings as a species is fairly counter-productive but at least you are questioning and searching and these are positive steps, so good on ya for doing so.  :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2015 23:14:44 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length