The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do you beleive Physics leaves room for God?  (Read 26828 times)

Offline jccc

• View Profile
Re: Do you beleive Physics leaves room for God?
« Reply #25 on: 11/02/2015 21:07:35 »
Quote from: jccc
Pete, do you love me?
You've got to be joking. You're an irritating pest that thinks the world of physics should change to fit the way he thought it always was instead of learning the way it really is.

I see. Thanks for been honest.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11/02/2015 22:25:49 »

Pete, do you love me?
I think Pete loves science, as I do as well, and most of the membership here at TNS! There are however a few exceptions, I think those folks know who they are.

Online alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11/02/2015 22:30:55 »

You mean those who believe QM?

Scientific knowledge advances through unbelief. Mankind regresses to the intellect of an amoeba through belief.

No, come to think of it, amoeba, and even viruses, are capable of learning and adapting. It seems that only humans are stupid enough to have faith.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11/02/2015 22:42:03 »
Exactly, I unbelief QM.

Am I a male stupid amoeba?

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11/02/2015 23:00:44 »
Every year I visit friends in Indianapolis so that I can visit the Indy500 race , I find their irrational religious beliefs rather a strain but I have to remember not to argue or protests too much or I would have to pay for a hotel instead, I even attend church and have to work hard not to laugh

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12/02/2015 00:11:00 »
Quote from: jccc
I see. Thanks for been honest.
You're welcome.

By the way. Please don't take my comment about you being a pest as a personal insult. That was not its intent. In my opinion it is merely a negative attribute that you have. That doesn't say anything about you as a person since I don't know you personally. I think it could be as you said, i.e. that perhaps you're too lazy to do the reading required to understand all of this. You should take Jeff's attitude as a guide. Jeff is awesome as far as forum members go and I think you have a lot to learn from him as far as his willingness to do the hard work required to understand all of this stuff. Anybody who thinks that they can learn and properly understand quantum mechanics without doing a lot of hard work is deluding themselves.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12/02/2015 00:19:53 »
Pete, not at all.

I want to learn those 3 things all my life, atomic structure, gravity and magnetism. That's how I found this forum.

Online alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12/02/2015 08:37:53 »
Exactly, I unbelief QM.

Am I a male stupid amoeba?

Quantum mechanics has nothing to do with belief. It's the mathematical description of observations.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12/02/2015 15:11:52 »
Pete, not at all.

I want to learn those 3 things all my life, atomic structure, gravity and magnetism. That's how I found this forum.
And yet you're not willing to do the work required to learn them.

Online alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12/02/2015 17:40:39 »
Observation of anything and everything, so far.

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12/02/2015 18:14:34 »
Quote from: David Cooper
No - they are the ones who are doing their religion properly, fully respecting the Chief of the Fairies at the top.
Not at all. There's nothing in either the Bible or the Qur'an that gives anybody the right to kill others. Muslims lie about their use of it because they either twist what it states to fit their needs or they don't understand it. A lot of them simply never read the Qur'an just like most Christians haven't read the Bible.

I've read the whole of the Qur'aan and it goes to great lengths instructing Muslims to kill non-Muslims. I haven't found anything quite so bad in the Bible, though I haven't felt the need to read the whole of the Old Testament yet. However, the Bible has been used to justify a lot of mass murder in the past, so there are clearly extremely dangerous faults in it that allow this to happen, and you'd think a God ought to have managed to do a perfect job of preventing that.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12/02/2015 18:37:18 »
Every year I visit friends in Indianapolis so that I can visit the Indy500 race , I find their irrational religious beliefs rather a strain but I have to remember not to argue or protests too much or I would have to pay for a hotel instead, I even attend church and have to work hard not to laugh

You are killing me, again.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12/02/2015 22:03:27 »
If you are God, you can create anything you want to, what would you like to create?

Let's see the material world first. You need space, matter, force to build anything that is real to human mind.

Atom, how is it build? If you only have two charged particles, 1 proton and 1 electron.

According to your law, they attract each other, the closer the stronger. f=q1q2/r^2. they become a little dot with positive force field on one side and negative the other. That's not the atom we see.

You have two choices, add more charge/matter or change your law. You forgot you have more matter, so you changed your law, one for things eyes can see, one for the minds to see.

You forgot you only have 1 law, the truth.

Do you really need to change your law? If you remembered the other matter that is the charged space itself.

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12/02/2015 22:37:29 »
If god made protons why did he not make it solid instead of a bag of Quarks, Gluons and what not, was it not as St Aquinas said because he was to busy creating hells for those who ask too many questions.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13/02/2015 00:44:31 »
After you created the universe, the glory stars, grand planets and sweet moons, you look around, feel lonely, created living things.

Then you look around, the flower, the butterfly, the living and love in animals, then you cried. All the beauty, all the love, no one to share.

What are you going to do? God

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13/02/2015 02:30:05 »
True science leads the way to God.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13/02/2015 03:18:59 »
I mean open minded science.

Share a poetry I loved.

as electricity as mirage

as dream as bobble

all things we can see

should be that way

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13/02/2015 04:25:26 »
I've read the whole of the Qur'aan and it goes to great lengths instructing Muslims to kill non-Muslims.
Please show me where it says that. I think you're misinterpreting it. I know that it talks about killing non-Muslims during war etc but not to kill them merely for not being a Muslim.

I haven't found anything quite so bad in the Bible, though I haven't felt the need to read the whole of the Old Testament yet.
In the Old Testament God tells the Hebrews to take the towns that are in the promised land my killing every single man, woman and child that is already there. That includes slaughtering infants too. And that's only because their home is in that land.

A lot of them simply never read the Qur'an just like most Christians haven't read the Bible.
Quite true!

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13/02/2015 04:25:52 »
True science leads the way to God.
Not true at all.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13/02/2015 05:05:39 »
I had profound ob experience, do you?

I discovered things beyond my knowledge, will you believe?

What are you going to lose if open your mind to live?

To learn science and everything.

Its your own mind, you decide.

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 13/02/2015 18:28:32 »
I've read the whole of the Qur'aan and it goes to great lengths instructing Muslims to kill non-Muslims.
Please show me where it says that. I think you're misinterpreting it. I know that it talks about killing non-Muslims during war etc but not to kill them merely for not being a Muslim.

There's always a war on if you decide you want to kill people. The Qur'aan is the second most depressing book I've ever read and I have no intention of trawling through it listing the points where it calls on people to do thing that are horribly wrong, half of them involving killing innocent people.

I haven't found anything quite so bad in the Bible, though I haven't felt the need to read the whole of the Old Testament yet.
In the Old Testament God tells the Hebrews to take the towns that are in the promised land my killing every single man, woman and child that is already there. That includes slaughtering infants too. And that's only because their home is in that land.

Thanks for correcting your earlier point, which was:-

There's nothing in either the Bible or the Qur'an that gives anybody the right to kill others.

A lot of them simply never read the Qur'an just like most Christians haven't read the Bible.
Quite true!

True indeed, but it isn't a quote from me.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13/02/2015 20:16:21 »
Seriously, who is more superstition?

People who believe time travel, QM, gravity wave, photon, strong and weak forces, and God.

Or people who believe time travel, QM, gravity wave, photon, strong and weak forces, not God.

Truth will seek you when you induce it.

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13/02/2015 20:18:29 »
People do not need a book of any kind to justify killing each other. A government edict will do just nicely.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 13/02/2015 20:31:42 »
We're humans, our minds contain multitudes, not all nice. The trick is to try to be the one you would like to know yourself, and dared to introduce to your folks back home:)

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14/02/2015 00:36:48 »
I wonder, if we were not created, how could we create?

Any merit in logic?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 14/02/2015 00:36:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums