The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: In regards to the 1st Postulate of STR  (Read 8461 times)

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: In regards to the 1st Postulate of STR
« Reply #50 on: 23/02/2015 16:06:21 »
His problem is that he wants his idea to be correct, not get the physics correct.
Ah, so there is an agenda, I just couldn't put my finger on it.
He calls it a maths problem, but to me it seems like bad methodology.
I'll put the beer on ice.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23/02/2015 17:32:40 »
His problem is that he wants his idea to be correct, not get the physics correct.
Ah, so there is an agenda, I just couldn't put my finger on it.
He calls it a maths problem, but to me it seems like bad methodology.
I'll put the beer on ice.
Colin - You never answered me. I sent you a PM asking you a question. What is your response?

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23/02/2015 22:07:24 »
Colin - You never answered me. I sent you a PM asking you a question. What is your response?
Sorry, hadn't noticed it, reply sent.
Been busy repairing a microscope and haven't logged on to email either for a while.

Offline Waste of Time

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24/02/2015 01:07:05 »
Colin2B + PmbPhy,
It's a hobby...It's a math problem...even if I'm wrong, it's fun to me...stop being so offensive and judgmental! You're both acting like a couple drama queens on here.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24/02/2015 01:48:30 »
Colin2B + PmbPhy,
It's a hobby...It's a math problem...even if I'm wrong, it's fun to me...stop being so offensive and judgmental! You're both acting like a couple drama queens on here.
There's no reason to insult us. That's very rude and extremely uncalled for. Also there's nothing that you claimed here that is correct. I haven't insulted you or judged you whatsoever. And I know that's true because only **I** know what I'm thinking. You don't.

You've been operating under false assumptions, perhaps because you don't understand how you've been coming across to people.

Perhaps what you've perceived as insults and judgments has been attempts at constructive criticism.  Point out some of these so-called "insults" and "judgments" and I'll explain why you're wrong.

I will admit that I've been frustrated with you because I've asked you so many questions and you haven't answered them. You've been appearing to ignore them or trying to talk around them. It's come across to both myself and Colin that you've simply been unwilling to admit that you made a mistake or your skills are so bad that you've been unable to recognize them.

It's also possible that we've said that you don't understand something or something of that nature. That is **not** an insult. That is merely an observation of a fact and nothing else.

Colin and I were unaware that you considered this a hobby. When visitors come to this part of the forum its almost always because they think that they've proved SR or QM to be wrong and they want to prove it to us, sometimes they provide what appears to us to be some sort of attempt at a scientific paper. That's how you've come across to us. And that's not our fault, that's your fault.

Your insults will be reported to the forum moderator.

Offline Waste of Time

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24/02/2015 02:57:28 »
Posts #48-#49. And don't bother "explaining", not interested.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24/02/2015 03:13:51 »
Quote from: HeyBert
Well, HeyBert. I really don't care whether you're interested or not. I'm defending myself so that bystanders aren't misled by your claims.

Before I go on I'd like to point out that if this is the way you react to criticism then in a real meeting with real physicists criticizing your claim that SR is wrong then you'd walk out of that meeting crying your eyes out because physicists can sometimes be brutal in their criticism. They don't shy away from telling it like it is just because you insult them by calling them drama queens. In fact you'd probably be banned from all other meetings with such a terrible attitude.

As for myself I said His problem is that he wants his idea to be correct, not get the physics correct. which is exactly how you're coming across to all of us. However that's certainly a far cry from all the bogus accusations that you leveled against us, that's certainly for sure!

As for Colin, he was both describing how you're coming across to all of us and also criticizing your style of attempting to work this problem. It was certainly constructive criticism. It's clear now that you're seeing constructive criticize and claiming that its insults merely because your mistakes are being pointed out to you.

You can't go to a forum and post claims that SR is wrong and then assume that everyone is going to admire you for it. Countless people go to physics forums with their own pet theories with the belief that they've also proven SR to be wrong. All of them fail and they all believe that we're just too stupid or too closed minded to see that they're right when in fact 99% of them have never studied physics.
« Last Edit: 24/02/2015 03:31:10 by PmbPhy »

Offline Waste of Time

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24/02/2015 03:42:23 »
In the 'New Theories' section of "Got a new theory on something? Post your hypotheses here..."

This is where you choose defend the pillars of science? Your actions do nothing but make people afraid to freely discuss their ideas on this forum. Great job Ace!

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24/02/2015 03:51:43 »
Quote from: wasteoftime
In the 'New Theories' section of "Got a new theory on something? Post your hypotheses here..."

This is where you choose defend the pillars of science? Your actions do nothing but make people afraid to freely discuss their ideas on this forum. Great job Ace!
And you actually thought that means that nobody is going to show him the mistakes that he's making which are causing the false claims that a theory in physics is wrong? You're really deluded "Ace".

His (and perhaps your) problem is that he's as sensitive as a teenage girl who can't stand people showing them what they did wrong. If he didn't want people to show him his mistakes then he simply should say so in his first post, e.g. say something like this
Here is my new theory which shows that relativity is wrong. If it's wrong then keep it to yourself because I don't care. If what I'm writing is confusing then please don't ask me to clarify. etc.
That will get you what he wanted.

Now please stop being such a jerk. People like you are not welcome in this forum.
« Last Edit: 24/02/2015 16:39:56 by PmbPhy »

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24/02/2015 05:02:34 »
I suggest that if you're "not interested" then we'll have to assume that you're also unprepared to learn or share with us. If such is the case, I suggest we all ignore you as well!

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 24/02/2015 06:01:57 »
I suggest that if you're "not interested" then we'll have to assume that you're also unprepared to learn or share with us. If such is the case, I suggest we all ignore you as well!
Comments like this are why Ethos_ is so well respected in this forum. :)

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24/02/2015 16:44:30 »
Colin2B + PmbPhy,
Why are you posting using two names? That's against the forum rules. You sure are turning out to be a scumbag.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #61 on: 24/02/2015 16:44:30 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums