The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: My proposition for the creation of a Vehicle capable of light speeds!  (Read 2594 times)

Offline AnthonyOliverMorganJr

• First timers
    • View Profile
I have been up for quite some time think about the development of a vehicle capable of traveling the speed of light.
This is only my second post so go easy on me. I am trying to grab attentions with this post.
It is my understanding that enough energy stored and disbursed can make the vehicle travel incredible speeds.
So having 70+% of the details for this to work I need to know what should I start talking about?
What part of the development or creation should I begin with.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: AnthonyOliverMorganJr
I have been up for quite some time think about the development of a vehicle capable of traveling the speed of light.
This is only my second post so go easy on me. I am trying to grab attentions with this post.
It is my understanding that enough energy stored and disbursed can make the vehicle travel incredible speeds.
So having 70+% of the details for this to work I need to know what should I start talking about?
What part of the development or creation should I begin with.
The problem is that it's physically impossible to create a vehicle that will go faster than the speed of light unless a way is found to (1) create exotic matter (2) manipulate this exotic matter and (3) control this exotic matter.

The reason its impossible to create a vehicle to travel at or faster than the speed of light is that it would take more energy that could exist to do it. By that I mean an infinite amount of energy. In fact it would take an infinite amount of matter to move something even as small as an electron, which has an incredibly small mass. There's no particle accelerator on Earth that could do it and one cannot be built to do it for that reason.

People come here all the time with that idea thinking that we just haven't figured out how to engineer a vehicle to move that fast yet so we think that its for that reason that it can't be done. That would be a foolish thing for us to think that because it's just plain wrong to claim that something can't be done merely because we don't have the engineering know-how to do it. This is not the case. In this case it can't be done because the laws of physics forbid it. Mind you that its conceivable to create a warp drive but we'd need exotic matter to work it (which doesn't exist) and a way to control the outside of the ship from the inside and those regions of spacetime are not causally connected.

So without manipulating spacetime it simply cannot be done.

Offline AnthonyOliverMorganJr

• First timers
    • View Profile
Do you think the potential to travel the speed of light can come from light energy? Saying what if we produce something that shoots out bolts of current, high voltages like a lightening bolt if not stronger? What is you input?

Offline Ophiolite

• View Profile
Anthony please re-read what PmbPhy has said: it is impossible. To clarify further - it is not just travelling faster than light, we cannot make something composed of matter travel as fast as light. If it turned out it was possible it would mean our understanding of the universe was flawed in an astounding way.

Lightning bolts are powerful in terms of the energies we normally come in close contact with. They are miniscule in astronomical terms. And lightning bolts do not travel at the speed of light, so no help there I'm afraid.

Offline ScientificSorcerer

• View Profile
Most particles have mass, the more mass you have the more energy you need to move that mass, in order to make the object go faster you would typically need more energy "but that could be changed".

The first problem you have is mass, Where does it come from?  Mass comes from gravity, each particle with mass has a tiny "gravitational field" around it, imagine if you could make a particle produce a stronger gravitational field,  that would mean that you would be increasing the mass of that particle.

If you could weaken the particle's gravitational field then you could reduce that particle's mass. or If you could stop that particle from producing a gravitational field then you could go light speed without much energy at all.

Imagine a particle traveling at a given velocity, suddenly the particle looses half of it's mass because the particle's gravitational field is reduced by half.  As a result the particle get's faster without any increase of energy.

If you could make a ship which had a device capable of reducing the gravitational attraction of the particles which make up the ship then you could go very fast without much energy.

if you could go a step further and make the particle produce anti gravity then it could have anti mass which would mean that the particle could go faster then light.

Not think it's impossible!  There is said to be a device capable of reducing and increasing objects masses by means of a rotating superconductor. It's called the Podkletnov device, because the device is said to effect gravity it has been the subject of ridicule and alien conspiracy theory, causing the device and it's inventor to loose credibility and believability in the device.

At least Google it and make your own opinion on if it's real or not. 
Google "Eugenie Podkletnov" and "The Podkletnov effect"
« Last Edit: 09/03/2015 08:00:41 by ScientificSorcerer »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums