The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What do you think of old posts?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline cheryl j

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What do you think of old posts?
« on: 12/03/2015 04:35:53 »
I wasn't sure what  to titled this, or what section to put it under. Occasionally I will search old posts looking for a link some shared or comment they made. And at the same time I will review an old discussion and things I wrote. Most of the time, I still agree with my own comments, but some times I now view things a bit differently or think I could have stated something better. Occasionally,  reading my old posts is almost like reading the comments of someone I don't know, because my views have changed that much. I'm just curious if anyone else has this experience.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of old posts?
« Reply #1 on: 24/03/2015 19:47:49 »
I have had that happen..and I will realize that the way I wrote something could be taken two different ways..making me look as though I were sitting on the fence about something or going off topic... In some of those cases I have gone in and corrected the mistakes or reposted a correcyion down the line....O think its common in that as we age, learn and evolve in our own lives our thoughts and opinions change...It is like you have stored a portion of yourself in a time capsul and opened it up so long after that you don't remember your own thoughts, ideas, beliefs, etc.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02/04/2015 04:52:07 »
  reading my old posts is almost like reading the comments of someone I don't know, because my views have changed that much. I'm just curious if anyone else has this experience.
Being a man in my early 70's, I've had time to change my stance and opinions on a host of things. So......yes Cheryl, it happens to me all the time and not just hear at the forum. I'll find myself reading a post that may be only a month or two old and many times, it doesn't really sound like something I would say. But there it is in black and white, no escape from that kind of evidence is there?

People change and sometimes the change doesn't take that long. Hopefully, that's a good thing because if those changes are an improvement, the state of humanity may hold some promise after all.
« Last Edit: 03/04/2015 01:09:53 by Ethos_ »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/04/2015 00:29:41 »
Hear! Hear!

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/04/2015 06:08:40 »
It happens to me too, but not as often. I try my best to learn a subject very well before I dare say something in public. If I do see something now which I wrote in the past and now disagree with it then it means that Im learning. :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4 on: 10/04/2015 06:08:40 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums