The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Glyco news  (Read 8808 times)

Offline doc77

• First timers
    • View Profile
Glyco news
« on: 07/10/2006 22:35:30 »
Knowned for some time that pharmacuticals have been working on glycos in the med. line and have passed several FDA tests before their release to the public. Also know(by the back door through non Mannatech scientist)that Mannateck knows that their products make glycoproteins. Now the Scripps group good men have come out and found a way to make glycoproteins from a new way. So it looks like Mannatech might be now able to release more of their secret research since their competition is now showing how.

We know from the research(Fisher Medical Research) that Mannatech's Ambrotose makes stem cells much cheaper($400 for 3,000,000 vs. pharmacuticals 200 for $250,000 spack-roos.) Now the pharmicacuticals have come up with a quart of Ambrotose for 15,000,000. That is their cost. Things are really heating up with certain insurance companys(I have been told) going with Mannatech because of the savings of the product over normal health care. One doctor in the avaition group has told stews that he will not help them with their long problems unless they are taking Mannatech products.

The Avaition companies have known for years that they have bunch of viruses in their duct work in the airplanes and it is getting people sick.Mannatech has also come out and reinforced through leading doctors and PHD's that they have three systems of delivery, which I brought out at Curezone(Doc's Theory)awhile back.Mannatech also admited that their product has will over 8 saccharides. I think they now admit to 16 or a few more. I count 20 to 30 saccharides, plus, all the other goodies that "'the know it alls'" have missed in Mannatech's 'pending patient' products.

Your servant, Doc.

Offline loweduane

• View Profile
Re: Glyco news
« Reply #1 on: 08/10/2006 06:53:19 »

...And yet, those who mix their own glyconutrients, using the same ingredients, get the same, if not better, benefit at a substantial financial savings.

So far the research you speak of is hearsay and innuendo with no scientific verification or validity.  The only place you will hear these "rumors" about the research and excitement of the medical community are from the company and people selling the products.

Almost 2 years since first posting at curezone the FACTs about there is no evidence that the benefits of these ingredients have ANYTHING to do with absorbing ANY sugars, they still have published zero evidence suggesting even one glycoprotein is increased, or that any of the benefits have anything to do with absorbing sugars.  The top glycoscientists at Universities (objective) in the country still think their hypothesis is preposterous and unfounded.  Feel free to call your local university glycochemist and find out for yourself.  

The supplements can be beneficial for health, and can have some substantial benefits, but it has nothing to do with absorbing sugars, and you can cheaply make as good or better glyconutrient supplements for a fraction of the cost of this MLM company.

Always note that the multiple astounding claims made by Mannatech associates never come with scientific references.  There is a reason for this.

Duane

Offline Greg Smith

• View Profile
Re: Glyco news
« Reply #2 on: 31/10/2006 00:59:57 »
Looks like (potentially) more legal problems for Mannatech:

newbielink:http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.aspx?siteid=mktw&guid=%7B50E126AD-F88B-4070-BA5E-635DDD72B298%7D [nonactive]

Greg Smith

Offline doc77

• First timers
    • View Profile
Glyco news
« Reply #3 on: 07/02/2007 02:45:24 »
This field of glycomics is really alive with countries like Brazil, China, Russia and Israel coming out with great research. After Dr. Ben Carson went public about the importance of glyconutritionals and how he felt that Mannatech's version help cure his cancer, it appears that where he works(Johns Hopkins University) has plenty of Chinese scientist's flooding the school to learn. Remember that China's first Gold Medal was one with a athlete who was on Ambrotose in 94.

Carlington Labs is really coming out with some fine products; remember that Dr.McAnally worked there for years coming up with great stuff. As you know they also make the same stuff that is used in Ambrotose, Plus and others.

Mannatech has also come out with some great vitamins which has a patient applied for it. The vitamins have also a combo of minerals in it. After taking them for 2 months on empty stomachs, as a test, they have been great.

Mannatech along with Hyperion Biotechnology has just won a award for research showing that bacteria from the human digestive tract can break down complex carbs using the company's glyco supplements. The report should be in the Journal of Alternate and Complementary Medicine.

Last but not least I would like to say thank you to my friend 'Betsy' who ran a test and proved that by eating saccharides you can see glyco proteins produced. With so many company's coming out with the proof. I just wanted to thank her before ........ well, you know Manntech and others get all the glory. Thanks again Betsy.

Your servant, Doc

Offline Greg Smith

• View Profile
Glyco news
« Reply #4 on: 08/02/2007 01:35:46 »
Doc, I'll be darned if I can find what gold medal the Chinese won in 1994. Was it during the winter Olympics? Do you have a link to a website posting this information?

Thanks!

Greg

The Naked Scientists Forum

Glyco news
« Reply #4 on: 08/02/2007 01:35:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums