The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: head injury  (Read 4711 times)

Offline dazoo532@aol.com

• First timers
    • View Profile
head injury
« on: 17/12/2003 20:10:12 »
about a month and a half ago i hit my head very hard. 3 hours later i had a seizure. all cat scans, mri, eeg were fine. i've been back to the hospital several times because my body starts to shake violently, i also stutter sometimes.  my life is not normal. noises make me shake and stutter. sometimes it's my whole body shaking, or just my head. i'm nervous, and have stomach probs now, and have even lost weight. my body twitches, sometimes my whole body or just parts. my eye twitches....the eyeball, and the eyelid and all around the eye. sometimes it goes on for hours. all tests are fine, no seizure disorders. what is wrong with me?? i take a neuropsychological test tomorrow. will this show whats wrong? i feel i'm going crazy.

peace and love,

jeanna

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Re: head injury
« Reply #1 on: 18/12/2003 12:09:16 »
Hi Jeanna

sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Tell me a bit more about the head injury - what caused it ?

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

Offline dazoo532@aol.com

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18/12/2003 12:17:32 »
hi there! well I hit my head getting into the car. but when the seizure happened I was at the movies, and during the seizure I was repeatedly hitting the back of my head, very hard on the back of the seat. It also has swelling, and still bothers me w/pain and stiffness in my neck.

thanks,

jeanna

Offline dazoo532@aol.com

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19/12/2003 12:29:50 »
yesterday i had yet another violent shaking attack. the hospital gave me a shot to calm me down. they say they are not seizures, only the first one was. these are much more violent than the seizure they had. the drs tell me they do not know what is wrong. how can this be? im so frustrated! i dont know what to do. my neurologist says she does not know what it is. maybe just my nerves. these are violent attacks, drs and nurses see them. i can maybe accept they could be some sort of panic attacks, but why wont they even put me on some sort of med to help me? im so alone and lost. my husband and family are horrified because i get so bad they fear for my life. why aren't the drs helping me? my world has turned upside down. what do i do? where do i go? who can i trust and turn to?

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20/12/2003 00:45:25 »
Hi Dazoo532, welcome to the forum.  I understand your feelings of desperation.  Hang in there, it's just a matter of time before you find something that works.  If there's nothing wrong physically, then my best guess is that the problem is electric.  You could try seeing a qi gong (also called chi gong) or acupuncture practitioner.  Meanwhile keep your water intake up and I'd take calcium to support your electric system.  Doing a little yoga may be soothing to your body and your mind.

Electrolytes may be a good idea too, but I don't know much about them.  Anyone want to enlighten us on electrolytes?
« Last Edit: 20/12/2003 00:47:37 by Donnah »

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #5 on: 21/12/2003 12:26:12 »
Can you recall these 'fits', or do you have no memory of them occurring ? Have you hurt yourself as a result of one of these fits ? Were you incontinent (of urine) during any of these fits ?

Chris

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception"
 - Groucho Marx

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 21/12/2003 12:26:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length