The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Teeth Grinding  (Read 4910 times)

Offline mawea

• First timers
    • View Profile
Teeth Grinding
« on: 27/12/2003 17:37:06 »
I think I grind my teeth when I sleep and about to get kicked out from my bedroom ( by you know who !!). She is beggining to find the noise too irritating.

I used to think this could be due to a long stressful day , but I recall hearing my brother grinding his teeth too when we shared room as kids , I don't know if I did then , he never told me. Anyway, I dont think being pre-school kids then we would have so much stress.

Does this run in the family or something like that ? Also what can I do to stop this other than removing all my teeth ?

Offline Ylide

• View Profile
    • http://clem.mscd.edu/~mogavero
Re: Teeth Grinding
« Reply #1 on: 28/12/2003 09:12:00 »
My old roomate ground his teeth, it was supposedly related to some stress/anxiety issues.  He ended up having to put in a mouth guard (like boxers use) when he went to sleep so he wouldn't grind them to nubs.

My girlfriend does the same thing as of recently, we think hers is most likely related to some recently onset illnesses (high blood sugar and acute knee pain)  No mouthguard yet, she doesn't do it very often.

This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick of Seeing More People

Offline Donnah

• Ma-Donnah
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Teeth Grinding
« Reply #2 on: 29/12/2003 02:13:51 »
Can also be due to TMJ.  I used to have this problem and paid a dentist $1200 dollars for the diagnosis and a mouth guard to wear at night.  In retrospect I would skip the dentist and buy a $3 mouthguard from a sport store.  Massaging the head and jaw muscles helps too.

Offline teethman8318

• First timers
    • View Profile
Teeth Grinding
« Reply #3 on: 29/06/2009 19:10:37 »
Hi All,

I would recommend checking out an affordable mouth guard from a provider online. There are countless ones online. I personally bought a mouth guard from totalgard.com and my teeth grinding came to a crashing halt. I feel great man! You can find out more about them at totalgard.com/nightguard.html .. I have had best luck with this company .. hope this finds you well.

- Dave

The Naked Scientists Forum

Teeth Grinding
« Reply #3 on: 29/06/2009 19:10:37 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums