Poll

Are you an atheist?

Yes!
7 (70%)
No!
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: 19/04/2015 10:03:53

Author Topic: Poll: Number of Atheists on a Science forum.  (Read 7367 times)

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Number of Atheists on a Science forum.
« Reply #50 on: 27/04/2015 23:51:43 »
As long as you insist that light is a gravitational wave, you will remain in a state of wilful ignorance. Not that anyone cares about you, but there's always a risk that you might infect others, which would be sad.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28/04/2015 00:58:35 »
Alan,

i believe/suggest light is gravitational wave produced by exited atoms. based on the fact that atoms each has mass, has gravitational field. when atoms vibrating, emitting gravitational wave.

you believe light is em wave/particle, produced by electrons change orbital and release photons. the logic is foggy, the mechanism is unknown.

you believe there is no God, I believe God is everywhere.

opinion various, all is good.

every mind is unique and precious.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28/04/2015 07:37:55 »
Alan,

i believe/suggest light is gravitational wave produced by exited atoms. based on the fact that atoms each has mass, has gravitational field. when atoms vibrating, emitting gravitational wave.

you believe light is em wave/particle, produced by electrons change orbital and release photons. the logic is foggy, the mechanism is unknown.

you believe there is no God, I believe God is everywhere.

opinion various, all is good.

every mind is unique and precious.

Every observation ever made on electrodynamics and gravity contradict your claims.

~CB

« Reply #53 on: 28/04/2015 07:44:45 »
Well, guess what? In simple terms... He doesn't gives a ****. Seriously, the only thing you are going to get in reply is 'opinion various'. I don't know how he takes experiments to be opinions but whatever the case. I don't believe you are any close to convince him about... I don't know... ANYTHING.

With all due respect Peter. You should really find a better hobby... you deserve a better hobby!

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28/04/2015 11:59:01 »
Well, guess what? In simple terms... He doesn't gives a ****. Seriously, the only thing you are going to get in reply is 'opinion various'. I don't know how he takes experiments to be opinions but whatever the case. I don't believe you are any close to convince him about... I don't know... ANYTHING.

With all due respect Peter. You should really find a better hobby... you deserve a better hobby!
Jasper
I agree with you about jccc, no one is going to convince him. I sympathise in a way, the simple model of the atom as a solar system I was given as a kid is very appealing, but wrong. I'm a very visual person and I would like to have a visual model. The problem is, if you don't do the maths, you don't understand what is probably happening. My test is does it predict, is it consistent. It's easy for jccc and box to dismiss things they don't understand.

Re Pete. It's not a hobby, education is work for him and he is passionate about it and would like people to see the truth. I'm passionate about some different parts of science so if the Box insists on playing games, I'm happy to say 'whatever' and walk away.

PS. Hope you don't mind me saying, but I notice elsewhere that you have given up studies to develop a site. Excellent to follow a vision and I hope you make it. I would just say, try to keep up some studies if you can. I don't say this lightly, I left school with no qualifications, it took me 7 yrs of evening classes while working full time, to qualify for university, so I know how hard it can be. It is just a lot easier when you are younger to get the opportunities, later family and other interests etc. Educational forums like these can help.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28/04/2015 15:40:46 »
Alan,

No atoms in a synchrotron, but plenty of light comes out.

only to those who do not want to know.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28/04/2015 17:49:44 »
Alan,

No atoms in a synchrotron, but plenty of light comes out.

only to those who do not want to know.

Alan,

i want to know, please tell me the secret of the logic and mechanism.

The electromagnetic radiation emitted when charged particles are accelerated radially (\mathbf{a}\perp \mathbf{v}) is called synchrotron radiation.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28/04/2015 18:16:50 »
That's the secret! Accelerating a charged particle, or changing its quantum state, generates electromagnetic radiation. Light is electromagnetic radiation.

Get the Tao, man. Stuff happens the way it does, whether you like it that way or not. Ours is not to understand but to observe and predict. 

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28/04/2015 18:25:47 »
That's the secret! Accelerating a charged particle, or changing its quantum state, generates electromagnetic radiation. Light is electromagnetic radiation.

Get the Tao, man. Stuff happens the way it does, whether you like it that way or not. Ours is not to understand but to observe and predict.

Alan,

thank you very much.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28/04/2015 19:05:39 »
Quote from: alancalverd
Nice!  :)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #59 on: 28/04/2015 19:05:39 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length