The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Air pressure keeps all grounded and gravity does not exist?  (Read 7114 times)

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Air pressure keeps all grounded and gravity does not exist?
« Reply #25 on: 17/05/2015 17:40:32 »
Mainstream physics.They said Columbus discovered America which is mainstream news.You do know that's not true.right?

Is this thread still going?

Gazza it is  very simple no, and not worth even trying to argue when there is physical evidence that shows air pressure does not hold us to the surface.

Do you own a set of scales?

put on it a 1oz weight,

Do you own a barometer?

witness low and high pressure readings

OBSERVE on the scales , low or high pressure on the barometer, the 1oz stays at 1 oz.

This is because 1oz is the objects mass that is influenced by the Earth's mass. The earth has a greater mass , so attracts the object.

I'll be the first to say it: you just got owned by TheBox!

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17/05/2015 18:13:06 »
Mainstream physics.They said Columbus discovered America which is mainstream news.You do know that's not true.right?

Gazza it is  very simple no, and not worth even trying to argue when there is physical evidence that shows air pressure does not hold us to the surface.

put on it a 1oz weight,

Do you own a barometer?

OBSERVE on the scales , low or high pressure on the barometer, the 1oz stays at 1 oz.

This is because 1oz is the objects mass that is influenced by the Earth's mass. The earth has a greater mass , so attracts the object.

Man says "I just got owned".Take a 10 ton anvil and put a grain of sand next to it.
Q-Do they attract.
Now do this in space
A-nothing happened
Orbiting and trying to catch a rocket is simply displacement or bending spacetime I think its called.So being owned is mearly believing some guy who had a eureka moment when an apple fell on his head.

Seriously-until gravity is a fact,nobody is right.And my air pressure is more to do with the weight of the air concentrated on everything we see.if all we know is magnetism/electrical attraction how are objects attracted.Im merely saying that it the common element of everything doing this.

Ed Leedskalnin at coral castle apparently levitated stuff.No-one can prove he did or he didn't-so once again,just a theory.But the Egyptians left us evidence he did-please explain that one.

really appreciate the debate here. if I have annoyed anyone,dont mean to but got no one to listen to me-LOL xxx

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17/05/2015 18:28:43 »

put on it a 1oz weight,

Do you own a barometer?

Man says "I just got owned".Take a 10 ton anvil and put a grain of sand next to it.
Q-Do they attract.
Now do this in space
A-nothing happened
Orbiting and trying to catch a rocket is simply displacement or bending spacetime I think its called.So being owned is mearly believing some guy who had a eureka moment when an apple fell on his head.

Seriously-until gravity is a fact,nobody is right.And my air pressure is more to do with the weight of the air concentrated on everything we see.if all we know is magnetism/electrical attraction how are objects attracted.Im merely saying that it the common element of everything doing this.

Ed Leedskalnin at coral castle apparently levitated stuff.No-one can prove he did or he didn't-so once again,just a theory.But the Egyptians left us evidence he did-please explain that one.

really appreciate the debate here. if I have annoyed anyone,dont mean to but got no one to listen to me-LOL xxx

Incorrect. put a ten ton anvil and a grain of rice on the earth, the earth's mass is greater than the rice and the anvil, this stops them attracting.

drop the grain of rice and the anvil, they both fall at a9.81m/s2  fact.

Now let us refer to space, everything in the entire visual Universe is in constant movement, there is nothing that remains still, why?  gravity.  The anvil and the rice in space will start to move, it will be attracted to gravity by mass.

What you are not considering is your own thoughts, you are looking for the mechanism of gravity which is an unknown. 

I suggest you start with working out what mass is. Also you may need to become a mathematician,

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17/05/2015 19:08:25 »

put on it a 1oz weight,

Do you own a barometer?

Q-Do they attract.
Now do this in space
A-nothing happened

Incorrect. put a ten ton anvil and a grain of rice on the earth, the earth's mass is greater than the rice and the anvil, this stops them attracting.

drop the grain of rice and the anvil, they both fall at a9.81m/s2  fact.

Now let us refer to space, everything in the entire visual Universe is in constant movement, there is nothing that remains still, why?  gravity.  The anvil and the rice in space will start to move, it will be attracted to gravity by mass.

What you are not considering is your own thoughts, you are looking for the mechanism of gravity which is an unknown. 

I suggest you start with working out what mass is. Also you may need to become a mathematician,

My entire point is that we cant prove things attract-so why state it without evidence.The master of Maths or an IQ of a million, you cant explain it and neither can the entire human race.Im trying to explain it.You all go by equations and common sense.

I think im better off on another forum which solely believes the same as me which there are 1000s.If this hasn't made people think twice,then u still believe a theory.

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17/05/2015 19:09:06 »
I recently heard a wonderful theory in which someone suggested that building a giant straw 200 miles high would lead to all the air being sucked out into space by the vacuum at the top. I don't think he believed in gravity either, so he imagined that high pressure would push gas to areas of lower pressure and therefore blow the Earth's atmosphere up the straw and away into space. Perhaps the two of you should join forces. It never occurred to him that the straw is superfluous, but perhaps it's a stepping stone to understanding that you might find useful.

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 17/05/2015 19:43:07 »
I recently heard a wonderful theory in which someone suggested that building a giant straw 200 miles high would lead to all the air being sucked out into space by the vacuum at the top. I don't think he believed in gravity either, so he imagined that high pressure would push gas to areas of lower pressure and therefore blow the Earth's atmosphere up the straw and away into space. Perhaps the two of you should join forces. It never occurred to him that the straw is superfluous, but perhaps it's a stepping stone to understanding that you might find useful.

I never once said that air is trying to escape?Im still waiting for solid facts on attraction of objects(b).In the meantime,do the research on youtube I have suggested.high and low pressures don't matter.If you jump out of 747 at so many feet where the air is so thin and your body is expanding and you obviously weigh less,surely earths attraction is just as powerful within the outer sphere as outside the atmosphere?The pressure on ur body is higher at higher altitudes,so low pressure(higher altitudes) should be called something more severe.all things bright and beautiful have a common element and that's it.who would think the air was exerting pressure upwards?

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17/05/2015 19:48:16 »

where do you hear these theories.gravity doesn't make wind blow and helium lighter than air.is that what you believe?

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17/05/2015 20:56:00 »

My entire point is that we cant prove things attract-so why state it without evidence.The master of Maths or an IQ of a million, you cant explain it and neither can the entire human race.Im trying to explain it.You all go by equations and common sense.

I think im better off on another forum which solely believes the same as me which there are 1000s.If this hasn't made people think twice,then u still believe a theory.

The thing is! we can prove it.   You may want to consider reading up on the Cavendish experiment before you make judgement.  You may want to consider a  falling object falls through air and not air pushes the object down.

By the way, I am the biggest internet crackpot, I have been on every single forum and have even suggested your idea, except with probably better argument.

No one believes air pressure pushes you to the ground because the evidence is substantial it does not. 

And I mean real physical evidence and not just say so.

I already have proven your idea to be not logical. Get over it and make a new theory, keep thinking, think about other things.

Gravity mechanism
what is time
just a couple of examples.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17/05/2015 21:21:55 »
time is illusion, time is nothing but the passage of force in motion.
past and future only exit in our minds. we are living with now, within now and by now.

gravity is net electrostatic forces between all charges within matter, between matter, between all masses/bodies.

every positive charge on the moon attracts every negative charge and repel every positive charge on earth, the net electrostatic forces between all charges of the moon and the earth is always end up an attraction force due to electrostatic induction. that is the attraction force we called gravitation force.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17/05/2015 21:32:42 »
time is illusion  ,

time is nothing but the passage of force in motion.No, that is contradictory to time is an illusion, you then state it is something
past and future only exit in our minds. No, memories are the memory of real events in your life
we are living with now, within now and by now.We never live in a past , present or future, the now, moves on instantaneously

gravity is net electrostatic forces between all charges within matter, between matter, between all masses/bodies. Well yes I agree with that one for sure that it is along these lines.

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17/05/2015 22:00:41 »
earth's mass is greater than the rice and the anvil, this stops them attracting.
Wrong

The thing is! we can prove it.   You may want to consider reading up on the Cavendish experiment before you make judgement.  You may want to consider a  falling object falls through air and not air pushes the object down.

And I mean real physical evidence and not just say so.

Pay no attention Gazza. I don't know who he thinks 'we' are, he's not a scientist he's just quoting wiki and book learning, he been indoctrinated like all the rest of them. He can't prove it, bet he's never actually done the experiment himself.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17/05/2015 23:51:26 »

gravity is net electrostatic forces between all charges within matter, between matter, between all masses/bodies. Well yes I agree with that one for sure that it is along these lines.

thank you for that. you are the first 1 agreed.

do you think anyone else will agree with us? do you think you will be banned if you suggest such idea in other forums?

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18/05/2015 00:00:09 »
The fat lady sang here a long time ago, and it was gravity that held her down. There is higher pressure under her than over her, so she would be forced upwards if there was no gravity. The error has been explained here in multiple ways and by many people. It's now down/up (is there such a thing) to Gazza to take that on board, or to go on ignoring it. There may be points beyond which some people cannot learn (most likely due to beliefs which they aren't prepared to question), and all attempts to help out may simply be futile as a result. If Gazza genuinely wants to understand this though, he ought to write some computer code to simulate the application of his theory, and then he'll see what happens if a force of gravity is left out. His theory will quickly dissipate along with his air pressure.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18/05/2015 03:30:27 »
decent comment above!

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18/05/2015 08:59:38 »

thank you for that. you are the first 1 agreed.

do you think anyone else will agree with us? do you think you will be banned if you suggest such idea in other forums?

Yes JCCC other forums will ban you, I have already suggested this several years ago and got banned.I have covered everything science as in my own way.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18/05/2015 09:10:04 »
The fat lady sang here a long time ago, and it was gravity that held her down. There is higher pressure under her than over her, so she would be forced upwards if there was no gravity. The error has been explained here in multiple ways and by many people. It's now down/up (is there such a thing) to Gazza to take that on board, or to go on ignoring it. There may be points beyond which some people cannot learn (most likely due to beliefs which they aren't prepared to question), and all attempts to help out may simply be futile as a result. If Gazza genuinely wants to understand this though, he ought to write some computer code to simulate the application of his theory, and then he'll see what happens if a force of gravity is left out. His theory will quickly dissipate along with his air pressure.

There is no presently universal up or down, up and down are arbitrary use the same as left and right.   That is why the brilliance of Mr Einstein give us XYZ, arbitrary but genius.

The real up and down definition on a spacial scale, is expand or contract space-time.   You jump up in the air you are expanding the space time between you and the  Earth.

Gravity has elastic properties, fire an arrow into the air vertically, the arrow cuts through the air as the air has little density. Gravity elasticity CBMR coupling to the arrow from the ground acts like an elastic band and slows down the arrow, the arrow then starts to twang back to the ground.

I experiment all the time with gravity, I am a carp angler, note not a carp fisherman. 

I use critical balancing in my presentation.

I can make a sinking 5 oz object hit the bottom with practically no force.  I can use vectors and hit a dust bin at 100 yrds with my bait.
« Last Edit: 18/05/2015 09:12:44 by Thebox »

Offline David Cooper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18/05/2015 17:17:46 »
Carp angler! Nice. It's only a small jump from there to carp physics.

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18/05/2015 20:38:21 »
Well the Cavendish experiment expresses that the stryrofoam is and isolator, that could be isolating the charge on the steel which the user transferred onto balls. If the same experiment was used with a shatterproof ruler instead of foam and copperinstead of lead-Would the experiment work.Ive seen a dripping kitchen tap light a lightbulb.Transfer of electrons most probably-busted.

How does the trick of finding water with sticks/twigs or  2 L shaped pieces of coathanger criss/crossing.

If air molecules move at 500m/s, check out the anti gravity wheel.If an object can travel faster than air in any direction,the is no longer a stationary force on the object which means it is not being pushed in any direction and proving centrifugal but not.Its simply the gases not getting a grip on the wheel to influence it down because the wheel is spinning faster maybe?

If no one check these experiments out and the one about floating a balloon without helium, then I need to say that I cant write formulas,but I bet someone can.I know you all think im mad,but ive seen more evidence that im right and attraction in nature has better answers than theories.

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18/05/2015 20:52:11 »

There is no presently universal up or down, up and down are arbitrary use the same as left and right.   That is why the brilliance of Mr Einstein give us XYZ, arbitrary but genius.

The real up and down definition on a spacial scale, is expand or contract space-time.   You jump up in the air you are expanding the space time between you and the  Earth.

Gravity has elastic properties, fire an arrow into the air vertically, the arrow cuts through the air as the air has little density. Gravity elasticity CBMR coupling to the arrow from the ground acts like an elastic band and slows down the arrow, the arrow then starts to twang back to the ground.

I experiment all the time with gravity, I am a carp angler, note not a carp fisherman. 

I use critical balancing in my presentation.

I can make a sinking 5 oz object hit the bottom with practically no force.  I can use vectors and hit a dust bin at 100 yrds with my bait.

Yes.Great.When I go for a number 2,it drops into the toilet.This is all elementary the boxson,but if you froze water and removed the air,would it float or sink in the water,just like ur body when you expel the air out ur lungs,your slightly heavier that water but not much.hmm-you weigh how much?beacause the composition of humans is mostly water with 20% carbon and and 2-3% of other things.If a pin has a million molecules init and 5 oz object has a billion,buoyancy of gases/liquids/solids comes into play-don't forget all elements do different things at different temperatures,so on earths surface it might do one thing,but on a different planet/environment it will do soething different.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18/05/2015 21:08:27 »

Yes.Great.When I go for a number 2,it drops into the toilet.This is all elementary the boxson,but if you froze water and removed the air,would it float or sink in the water,just like ur body when you expel the air out ur lungs,your slightly heavier that water but not much.hmm-you weigh how much?beacause the composition of humans is mostly water with 20% carbon and and 2-3% of other things.If a pin has a million molecules init and 5 oz object has a billion,buoyancy of gases/liquids/solids comes into play-don't forget all elements do different things at different temperatures,so on earths surface it might do one thing,but on a different planet/environment it will do soething different.

Dude, smoke rises, there is no air pressure forcing the smoke to the floor.  Air rises, we do not become lighter, face the facts , you are talking rubbish mate, at least find something with a good logical argument
« Last Edit: 18/05/2015 21:11:49 by Thebox »

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 18/05/2015 22:00:53 »

Dude, smoke rises, there is no air pressure forcing the smoke to the floor.  Air rises, we do not become lighter, face the facts , you are talking rubbish mate, at least find something with a good logical argument
This is my arguement.heated air rises.what smoke do you mean?most smoke has water vapour and is hot.urm.is there water pressure in rubber duck submerged under water.pressure is how many molecules within a given space.

This is a logical argument because you can't define what you see!

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19/05/2015 18:29:00 »

This is my arguement.heated air rises.what smoke do you mean?most smoke has water vapour and is hot.urm.is there water pressure in rubber duck submerged under water.pressure is how many molecules within a given space.

Yes heated air rises, but not because the air holds you to the ground or pushes you to the ground.   There are many bodies that are in space that are held together with no air on place.

Have you ever considered reading anybodies else's posts and theories?

You will find gravity mechanism is a lot deeper than air pressure.

Let us concentrate on air rises when it gains energy, myself assumes this to be anti-gravity.

Science assumes this to be buoyancy, the air expands making a less dense gas that then floats up through the denser air and gases.

In observation agreement we can add cold air underwater and observe the air floating to the surface confirming buoyancy.

Therefore it is hard to argue the facts of observation, cold and hot air rises. 

However, in a complex theory I have narrowed gravity down to atoms, Protons of an atom are attracted to Protons.

And in a complex situation of thermodynamics and entropy playing a part, and light coupling all matter, it gets complex.

I have had the same idea as yourself in the past, and if you dig deeper you will realise air  pressure is not an issue when considering and thinking about gravity.

A starting premise for debate would be air rises when ''charged'' and is opposed to gravity, and when air cools and loses it's ''charge'' gravity then has effect.

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19/05/2015 19:38:58 »
[quote author=Thebox link=topic=57344.msg458768#msg458768

[/quote]

Yes heated air rises, but not because the air holds you to the ground or pushes you to the ground.   There are many bodies that are in space that are held together with no air on place.

Have you ever considered reading anybodies else's posts and theories?

You will find gravity mechanism is a lot deeper than air pressure.

Let us concentrate on air rises when it gains energy, myself assumes this to be anti-gravity.

Science assumes this to be buoyancy, the air expands making a less dense gas that then floats up through the denser air and gases.

In observation agreement we can add cold air underwater and observe the air floating to the surface confirming buoyancy.

Therefore it is hard to argue the facts of observation, cold and hot air rises. 

However, in a complex theory I have narrowed gravity down to atoms, Protons of an atom are attracted to Protons.

And in a complex situation of thermodynamics and entropy playing a part, and light coupling all matter, it gets complex.

I have had the same idea as yourself in the past, and if you dig deeper you will realise air  pressure is not an issue when considering and thinking about gravity.

A starting premise for debate would be air rises when ''charged'' and is opposed to gravity, and when air cools and loses it's ''charge'' gravity then has effect.
[/quote]

When I say air, that covers all of the gases on earth.We don't understand how viscous air is,but water acts the same way as "air".Theres a scientist call erik verlinde who explains this more scientificly and a bundle of other people that say a similar thing.Im mearly stating that the "air"in "total weight" is heavier than anything on earth.It itself in under pressure from space,so in turn is trying to balance out with space,but I believe the helium layer is a radioactive barrier stopping this possibly or contribute.if you put aninflated balloon in a vacuum,it will rise.hmm.#youtube.its simple to me.earth is neutral and always will be.statics in general has a "low limit" of use and couldn't lift a rock let alone attract like a magnet has an obvious positive and negative.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19/05/2015 19:51:30 »

When I say air, that covers all of the gases on earth.We don't understand how viscous air is,but water acts the same way as "air".Theres a scientist call erik verlinde who explains this more scientificly and a bundle of other people that say a similar thing.Im mearly stating that the "air"in "total weight" is heavier than anything on earth.It itself in under pressure from space,so in turn is trying to balance out with space,but I believe the helium layer is a radioactive barrier stopping this possibly or contribute.if you put aninflated balloon in a vacuum,it will rise.hmm.#youtube.its simple to me.earth is neutral and always will be.statics in general has a "low limit" of use and couldn't lift a rock let alone attract like a magnet has an obvious positive and negative.

You are not considering density, air is not dense, and neither is any other gas compared to a brick or ourselves.   We can easily displace air . 

Air simply does not have the density to push us down to the floor.  If you were in space where there is no air, the earth still pulls you ''down'' back to Earth. 

No air pressure and gravity still has effect.

Your logic is terrible.

Offline gazza711

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19/05/2015 21:18:21 »

You are not considering density, air is not dense, and neither is any other gas compared to a brick or ourselves.   We can easily displace air . 

Air simply does not have the density to push us down to the floor.  If you were in space where there is no air, the earth still pulls you ''down'' back to Earth. 

No air pressure and gravity still has effect.

Your logic is terrible.

youre only pulled to the earth within its outer spheres.when you blow a balloon up,its takes longer to fall.when you deflate it it falls straight to the ground.how can a hot air balloon lift a ton.

how do you explain the anti gravity wheel.#youtube.

when youre in space and dead still,earth aint gonna pull you towards it.no proof.unless your within its atmosphere.cavendish experiment still not explained anyone?how can you explain an example of two objects attracting.why does the moon cause waves.i say the moon is only attracted to the sodium in the water as its own atmosphere is sodium confirming the moon has a high content of sodium.

Logic is what im using.ur using text book.im not even educated in any field of science.im a chef and not remotely interested in any posts on here.why am I 1 of few including erik verlinde that thinks this.einstein opposed newtons equation and used his own.string theory and many more accepted.mine is called compact theory.

just read centrifugal forces lighter(less dense)gases to outside of sphere and so fourth.when we swim,we cant go down to low because of the weight of water on us.if heavy things don't go up or remain still,gravitation is what It is. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #49 on: 19/05/2015 21:18:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length