The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why was my topic deleted?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline fullerm

• First timers
    • View Profile
Why was my topic deleted?
« on: 29/05/2015 17:00:07 »
I had posted a question and that entire discussion was deleted with no reason. Why? The question was: "Why do so many scientists reject the scientific method?".

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Why was my topic deleted?
« Reply #1 on: 29/05/2015 18:11:07 »
Only the moderators can give you a definitive answer, but might be worth looking here for a clue http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=8535.0

Threads which are just abusive, cross the legal boundaries, etc would be deleted.

Offline fullerm

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29/05/2015 18:46:21 »
Only the moderators can give you a definitive answer, but might be worth looking here for a clue http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=8535.0

Threads which are just abusive, cross the legal boundaries, etc would be deleted.
It says posts which contravene the rules can be deleted, not entire discussions. Obviously this was retaliation for exposing the scientific fraud that mainstream "science" engages in. Here is my first post, how is it abusive or cross any legal boundaries or in any way contravene the rules:

The scientific method involves:

1. looking at the evidence surrounding an unexplained phenomena.
2. coming up with a proposed explanation for that phenomena.
3. performing experiments or gathering more evidence relating to the phenomena.
4. if the evidence cannot be explained by the explanation this proves the explanation is false. The explanation must either be modified to accommodate the anomaly or rejected. goto 2.
5. if the evidence fits the explanation it provides more support for the explanation. goto 3.

The majority of scientists reject this simple and extremely effective method. Proving that most scientists are actually science-illiterate frauds.

There is a phenomena where the prevailing explanation has absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Much evidence exists that cannot be accommodated by the prevailing explanation. An alternate explanation can accommodate all the evidence but these "scientists" reject this explanation on faith alone.

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29/05/2015 19:00:46 »
As I say, you would need to ask the moderator. Doesn't need to be the first post, could be later on.

I vaguely remember this post but didn't follow it myself, this line put me off:

Proving that most scientists are actually science-illiterate frauds.

Posts with sweeping statements like this rarely end up with useful discussion and can end up as a slanging match so I don't follow them in the same way I wouldn't follow a racist or sexist thread. I've known a lot of scientists (yes some of my best friends are scientists) and that description truly does not fit, a small minority yes, but they are usually weeded out of the system.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29/05/2015 23:33:28 »
Quote from: fullerm
I had posted a question and that entire discussion was deleted with no reason. Why? The question was: "Why do so many scientists reject the scientific method?".
It was deleted because you violated forum rules while writing your posts. A moderator can choose to delete the whole thread if he wishes to since simply deleting all of your posts where you violated forum rules would leave a meaningless thread.

Next time don't be so rude. Stop insulting people who are pointing your errors out to you. Some of the people here, such as myself, are professional physicists and know what we're talking about whereas you appear to be an amateur who thinks he knows more than the professionals so you insult them when you think you're right. The subject itself is insulting and just plain wrong was pointed out and explained to you.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29/05/2015 23:51:31 »

It says posts which contravene the rules can be deleted, not entire discussions. Obviously this was retaliation for exposing the scientific fraud that mainstream "science" engages in. Here is my first post, how is it abusive or cross any legal boundaries or in any way contravene the rules:

The scientific method involves:

1. looking at the evidence surrounding an unexplained phenomena.
2. coming up with a proposed explanation for that phenomena.
3. performing experiments or gathering more evidence relating to the phenomena.
4. if the evidence cannot be explained by the explanation this proves the explanation is false. The explanation must either be modified to accommodate the anomaly or rejected. goto 2.
5. if the evidence fits the explanation it provides more support for the explanation. goto 3.

The majority of scientists reject this simple and extremely effective method. Proving that most scientists are actually science-illiterate frauds.

There is a phenomena where the prevailing explanation has absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Much evidence exists that cannot be accommodated by the prevailing explanation. An alternate explanation can accommodate all the evidence but these "scientists" reject this explanation on faith alone.
Well, first of all you're being insulting that accusation. It's certainly not true and you refused to demonstrate that it was true. You erroneously thought that it you could argue it in one instance then it would be true throughout science and for most scientists. That's simply a logical fallacy.

You appeared to use this thread as a soapbox for the 9/11 conspiracy perhaps being a conspiracy theorist yourself (of course you'd deny being one since all conspiracy theorists don't think of themselves as such). The 9/11 investigation wasn't a scientific investigation anyway. It was an engineering investigation. I.e. it was about how a structure failed and not about how a law of physics failed.

The rules state The site is not for evangelising your own pet theory. and clearly you violated that rule by making this thread all about 9/11.

To top it all of you insulted those who corrected you. Sheesh. You even ignored solid proof that such a claim is wrong by definition. I.e. a person cannot be both a scientist and a person who doesn't follow the scientific method. So simple and you couldn't grasp it so you insulted me on it. Shame on you.

Offline Airthumbs

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30/05/2015 05:15:20 »
Can I be weeded out of the system? How do you know my pet doesn't have theories? Ha, sheesh, what the heck is a null hypothesis anyway, who needs em. Does a majority count as more than 50% or are there more variables then scientist, non scientist?

Anyone for tea?

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/06/2015 03:11:09 »
Quote from: Airthumbs
Can I be weeded out of the system? How do you know my pet doesn't have theories? Ha, sheesh, what the heck is a null hypothesis anyway, who needs em. Does a majority count as more than 50% or are there more variables then scientist, non scientist?

Anyone for tea?
What on Earth do you mean by Can I be weeded out of the system? when you didn't post in this thread until that last post?

Offline Airthumbs

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/06/2015 03:49:48 »
Hello PmbPhy.  Well I wondered how long it would take before I encountered yourself in a thread.   

I meant in the context of the general scientific community as oppose to this particular thread.
Scientists who do not use the scientific method must be quite rare I suspect, quite the contrary to the posters opinion. 
And excuse me for saying but, as this is a thread then how would I make the last post?  And I read all the previous posts which is what inspired me to make a comment, nothing unusual about that I feel.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/06/2015 04:45:50 »
Well I wondered how long it would take before I encountered yourself in a thread.   
Why? What makes me so special in that respect?

And excuse me for saying but, as this is a thread then how would I make the last post?
Please go back and read what I said more clearly. I didn't say "the" last post? I said "that" last post meaning the last post in the thread when I decided to write a post. It was the last post for several days as I recall and there was no reason to think that it'd be the last one. But it was the last post in the thread when I wrote my post. I.e. it wasn't the middle one, the first one, the one 2/3 of the way through etc.

Offline Airthumbs

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02/06/2015 02:47:56 »
PmbPhy, I find this debate counter productive and illogical and I also feel you are posing somewhat rhetorical questions.

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02/06/2015 03:42:13 »
PmbPhy, I find this debate counter productive and illogical and I also feel you are posing somewhat rhetorical questions.
Oh, for crying out loud! There's absolutely NO debate going on here! All I did was ask you two direct questions, neither could ever be correctly interpreted as rhetorical questions. Sheesh! Where on Earth do people like you get such crazy ideas from? (now that was a rhetorical question). All I did was ask you TWO questions. The first one was:

What on Earth do you mean by Can I be weeded out of the system? when you didn't post in this thread until that last post?

Then you asked me

Well I wondered how long it would take before I encountered yourself in a thread.

Then I asked the second question as follows

Why? What makes me so special in that respect?

And that was it. Period. That's not a debate at all. At least not on my part.

You're clearly blaming me for your mistakes. You're the one who started this with that nonsense saying
Can I be weeded out of the system?...

You're clearly looking for trouble by all of this trolling of yours.

Offline Ethos_

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02/06/2015 04:03:23 »
PmbPhy, I find this debate counter productive and illogical
Considering that evaluation, maybe you should invest your time and energy into another thread?

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03/06/2015 01:52:52 »
mods are brothers and sisters.

they are not robot. they have mood.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #13 on: 03/06/2015 01:52:52 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login