The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Theory of Atmospheric Pressure an alternative theory to gravity  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Gravity is just the experience of atmospheric pressure as a result of the gases in our atmosphere being attracted to the extremely charged core of the earth. Plain and simple.

COMPLETELY FALSE.   pressure is caused by gravity, pressure is not gravity, satellites do not remain in gravitational orbit by pressure, a set of scales does not alter by air pressure change, you are deluded to think this when the evidence is substantial that pressure is not gravity.

Offline adventurini

• First timers
    • View Profile
I get it, I get it. You read a text book so you know the answer.

The world is flat because the world is flat. Gravity exists because gravity exists. God exists because you cannot prove him wrong.

I don't believe in things. I agree with facts and remain curious until I see facts.

I can show you in nature, entirely, how gravity can be explained by a completely separate electromagnetic force.

I can show you the charge of the core and the crust of the Earth. I can show you that it almost identically matches the exact opposite charge of the atmosphere. I can show you that this causes a pressurized field being compressed by an external vacuum. I can show you that these gases push down on the earth by showing you altering weights based on atmospheric pressure. I can show you that if I suck air out of a straw, gravity is not able to act on the water when air pressure doesnt exist.

I could use the EXACT same argument for planets being trapped in the sun's atmosphere, as the weak gravity pulling planets towards the sun while they are in a constant state of moving away from the sun argument: The dense layers of an atmosphere with a more positive charge will push downwards closer to the planetary body or star. The outer layers of an atmosphere will be far less dense. Further, the way that pressure works is that it comes from both above AND below (think being on top of water and at the bottom of sea). So when you get out a certain distance, you begin to get equal amounts of pressure from above and below and you remain suspended (floating, just like at the top of water!!).

When you float on the top of water, you are staying in a place that is relative to the earth, but you are moving very rapidly with the earth in reference to space. The same effect would be taking place when you are a satellite in orbit. That is because air pressure is acting on you equally in every direction to keep you suspended in a relative position with the earth. If it were a downward force pulling you, you would fall back to earth rather quickly. And if you were to completely exit the atmosphere, the earth would pass you by in a matter of a day.

But you cannot show me gravity. You cannot take an atom apart and find gravity anywhere inside it. You cannot even explain it so that it makes full sense to yourself.

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

The world is flat because the world is flat. Gravity exists because gravity exists. God exists because you cannot prove him wrong.

But you cannot show me gravity. You cannot take an atom apart and find gravity anywhere inside it. You cannot even explain it so that it makes full sense to yourself.

There you are Mr Box, a challenge to your understanding of Box Science, let's see you answer this one without Wiki knowledge.
Perhaps it would help if you explain your theory of white light?
This should be interesting.

Offline adventurini

• First timers
    • View Profile
I am not sure what you are implying. Light has been broken down into particles. Photons exists.

Physicists have been searching for gravitons for a half a century with no luck. Because if matter "has" gravity, then it must "have" particles that are pulling other matter closer to it.

The atomic (or subatomic) source of gravity, nor its force bearing particles, have ever been found or measured, only presumed, and you are shunning a guy who questions its existence.

Offline takso

• First timers
    • View Profile
The relationship between the traveling waves and the standing waves is known as gravity.

How does gravity work?
Visit : slideshare.net/buddhitakso/energy-web
« Last Edit: 11/01/2016 11:24:36 by takso »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

I don't believe in things. I agree with facts and remain curious until I see facts.

I can show you in nature, entirely, how gravity can be explained by a completely separate electromagnetic force.

I can show you the charge of the core and the crust of the Earth. I can show you that it almost identically matches the exact opposite charge of the atmosphere. I can show you that this causes a pressurized field being compressed by an external vacuum. I can show you that these gases push down on the earth by showing you altering weights based on atmospheric pressure. I can show you that if I suck air out of a straw, gravity is not able to act on the water when air pressure doesnt exist.

I could use the EXACT same argument for planets being trapped in the sun's atmosphere, as the weak gravity pulling planets towards the sun while they are in a constant state of moving away from the sun argument: The dense layers of an atmosphere with a more positive charge will push downwards closer to the planetary body or star. The outer layers of an atmosphere will be far less dense. Further, the way that pressure works is that it comes from both above AND below (think being on top of water and at the bottom of sea). So when you get out a certain distance, you begin to get equal amounts of pressure from above and below and you remain suspended (floating, just like at the top of water!!).

When you float on the top of water, you are staying in a place that is relative to the earth, but you are moving very rapidly with the earth in reference to space. The same effect would be taking place when you are a satellite in orbit. That is because air pressure is acting on you equally in every direction to keep you suspended in a relative position with the earth. If it were a downward force pulling you, you would fall back to earth rather quickly. And if you were to completely exit the atmosphere, the earth would pass you by in a matter of a day.

Hmmm, ok, I read text books,really? alls I need is a definition, my mind does the rest. Firstly I am not a scientist, I am what science calls a crackpot.
Secondly any logic you think you  have regarding gravity been anything of air pressure I will gladly discourse your ideas and show you why you are wrong.

lets start with this statement.

''I can show you the charge of the core and the crust of the Earth. I can show you that it almost identically matches the exact opposite charge of the atmosphere. I can show you that this causes a pressurized field being compressed by an external vacuum. I can show you that these gases push down on the earth by showing you altering weights based on atmospheric pressure. I can show you that if I suck air out of a straw, gravity is not able to act on the water when air pressure doesnt exist.''

Atmospheric pressure is caused by gravity , atmospheric pressure is not a cause of gravity. The weight of atmospheric gases changes by thermodynamics, the entropy of gases gains more positive energy that then repels from the earth's positive energy of the core and crust etc causing the gases to expand and rise.

Positive ion's repel positive ion's,

As for a straw, gravity is acting on the water in the straw of the straw. The straw is also made of atoms so you have just proved that mass is attracted to mass, good job..

''When you float on the top of water, you are staying in a place that is relative to the earth, ''

When you are suspended on top of water, you are coupled to a direct linearity of falling, the density of the water and the positive charge beneath you stops you sinking as you spread your mass out. When you stand on the ground in a ''stationary'' spot, you are still falling but the ground stops you falling no different to a bridge.

So when the earth spins you spin with it, relative to you , you are stationary to the earth but relatively moving with the earth to everything else in the universe.

Gravity does cause pressure, pressure is not the cause , gravity exists with no air. 

Atoms are joined to atoms to make molecules, this interaction is a centripetal action (inward pressure) from an inward central point pulling the out within, like a ''mini black hole''.

This is a cause of space itself (dark energy), all dark energy is attracted to dark energy a negative energy. (please feel free to move any object and observe how space and light fills the ''space'' where the object was).

The present information on atoms suggests protons in the center surrounded by an electron shell and some with neutrons ''rattling'' around, a neutron is neutral so is attracted to neither positive or negative, so makes relative no sense.
An electron shell is said to be negative, it is the opposite and positive, and neither is it attached to a proton, it is emitted by the proton.

Imagine a single particle, we will call this particle x, it is made out of space, it is the minimum size particle that is made, anything smaller than this particle, are fragments of this particle , i.e the higg's is not a particle it is a fragment of a particle.

Particle x is born, particle x is a negative particle, particle x is attracted to particle x with an entropy that can absorb x amount of energy from light which it releases at the same rate, the release of positive energy repels other positive energies, but at the same time the negative particle still attracts the other negative particles.

So like an elastic band being stretched and the opposing force of the elastic band pulling back, is how molecules work.

Em radiation in space is neutral, there is no net charge and the values are zero, space is the coupling circuit of matter no different than a circuit board which is neutral until there is charge running through it, the ''hidden'' connection of gravity  is neutralised by space so it is undetectable.

Imagine in-line capacitors,

+n-................................+n-

Everything physics wise is plus and negative and neutral.

A+B=C

C can change to either A or B by thermodynamics.

« Last Edit: 11/01/2016 12:01:44 by Thebox »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

There you are Mr Box, a challenge to your understanding of Box Science, let's see you answer this one without Wiki knowledge.
Perhaps it would help if you explain your theory of white light?
This should be interesting.

I am not sure explaining that white light is a clear light ''conduit'' for forces will help or how the convertual nature makes things happen.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I did a diagram

Entropy does not increase in positive, it is decreases in negative.
« Last Edit: 11/01/2016 13:56:20 by Thebox »

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Let's consider a block of wood 12"x12" x6"
Atmospheric pressure is 14.7 lb/sq inch.
If we place the block of wood flat, it has an area of 144 sq in which means the pressure on it is 2116.8 lb, which is it's weight if the atmospheric pressure theory of gravity is correct. Also, every item of this size would weigh the same even if made of lead or balsa wood!
Also, if you stand the block on its end, it's surface area is 1/2 so it should weigh half as much as when lying flat.
Because these things don't happen and because weight depends on the material the object is made from and not its surface area, I find it impossible the believe in the proposed atmospheric pressure theory of gravity.

Offline adventurini

• First timers
    • View Profile
Air pressure, like water pressure, is not a one way force where air and water is acting like a fat guy sitting on top of you. They both apply pressure from every side, including below, so it doesn't really care what your shape is. The net pressure is not always downward, either. The net pressure depends on what type of matter you are. If you are helium, your net pressure is always coming from below. Your weight won't change based on dynamics because you are fully immersed in the pressurized system.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Air pressure, like water pressure, is not a one way force where air and water is acting like a fat guy sitting on top of you. They both apply pressure from every side, including below, so it doesn't really care what your shape is. The net pressure is not always downward, either. The net pressure depends on what type of matter you are. If you are helium, your net pressure is always coming from below. Your weight won't change based on dynamics because you are fully immersed in the pressurized system.

You clearly have no idea about  physical process, your argument is a failure in all areas , you are clearly trolling and not listening to any logical reason or facts which you have been given to this argument .

air pressure is NOT the cause of gravity.   Air pressure does not make planets orbit and countless other things that gravity does such as the ocean attracted to the moon and tides. Your argument is quite futile .

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Air pressure, like water pressure, is not a one way force where air and water is acting like a fat guy sitting on top of you. They both apply pressure from every side, including below, so it doesn't really care what your shape is. ..
Excellent, you have understood the point I was making.
However, you are confusing buoyancy and gravity. As The Box points out, gravity causes buoyancy not the other way round. In the same way gravity causes air pressure not the other way round.
If you take the block of wood I described and weigh it in air you get the same weight if you weigh it in a vacuum. Also, as you reduce the air pressure the weight does not reduce in proportion the reduction in pressure as would be expected by an air pressure theory.
I do not say this as an armchair or textbook theorist. I have done experiments with buoyancy, vacuum, air pressure etc and can assure you that the airpressure theory does not hold water.
However, I agree with the Box, that further discussion is unlikely to enlighten you and to be honest it makes no difference to gravity, or me, whatever you believe, so I will leave you to your beliefs and wish you the best in life that you can achieve.

Offline adventurini

• First timers
    • View Profile
However, you are confusing buoyancy and gravity. As The Box points out, gravity causes buoyancy not the other way round. In the same way gravity causes air pressure not the other way round.

I keep hearing that gravity causes air pressure. I understand that every text book and definition of air pressure will tell you that this is the case. But reading it, believing in it, stating it, and restating it doesn't help to define and describe the origination of gravity.

Offline adventurini

• First timers
    • View Profile

You clearly have no idea about  physical process, your argument is a failure in all areas , you are clearly trolling and not listening to any logical reason or facts which you have been given to this argument .

air pressure is NOT the cause of gravity.   Air pressure does not make planets orbit and countless other things that gravity does such as the ocean attracted to the moon and tides. Your argument is quite futile .

You can attack me for whatever you want, but you still are not explaining the origination of gravity. So it is hard for me to make sense of your theory, unless your anger issues are causing gravity.

I never said air pressure makes planets orbit. Planets are on the outside of the pressurized system, so air pressure probably only has a very small amount to do with the tides and orbit.

Let me try to theorize the orbits and tides without you wanting my head...

Stars, planets, and moons all hold charges. The cores of them hold extremely massive charges (although moons cores are much smaller and hold far less charges).

Inside the sun's core, fusion is happening, charging the crap out of the sun's core. Inside planets and moons, fission is happening, charging the crap out of their core. These cores attract opposing charged matter from the entire universe, until their celestial bodies are neutral.

So reasons that things orbit... I would presume that the nucleus of the planets are attracted to the sun's core. But their atmospheres are repellent. (Multi directional, proven, electromagnetic force that keeps planets relatively stationary in terms of orbit).

Offline Colin2B

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I keep hearing that gravity causes air pressure. I understand that every text book and definition of air pressure will tell you that this is the case. But reading it, believing in it, stating it, and restating it doesn't help to define and describe the origination of gravity.
Forget the text books, ignore them, they are irrelevant to this question. I didn't quote them because they won't cover this.
What I propose is a very simple experiment you won't find in a textbook. Come back when you've done it, any school lab has the equipment.

You won't move the understanding of gravity forward by trying to build a theory on false premises.

The following users thanked this post: Thebox

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

You can attack me for whatever you want, but you still are not explaining the origination of gravity. So it is hard for me to make sense of your theory, unless your anger issues are causing gravity.

Where did you get an idea from that I was attacking you?  I am attacking the false poor idea that is factual easy to prove it is wrong. I say you are a troll for valid reasons of not listening to any reasoning.

I many years ago did the same theory of air pressure being the cause of gravity, believe me when I say I did a much better job that this thread of explaining the idea, which was based on centrifugal flow and centripetal flow.

When a ''troll'' tells another ''troll''  they are completely wrong, it is for good reason, science explained to me why I was wrong and I listened, I am no longer a ''troll'' I am now a crackpot.

You want to know gravity mechanism?  why not just ask and I will tell you.

Space itself is gravity, positive energy is expansion, that easy .

Negative is attracted to negative, and positive is attractive to negative, but only positives repel,

i.e warm some air up anti gravity.

helium anti gravity

ice anti gravity.

hydrogen anti gravity

water when heated anti gravity vapour/gases

clouds anti gravity

burning wood anti gravity smoke,

Do I need go on in detail for you?   or can you understand this.

Offline adventurini

• First timers
    • View Profile
Negative attracts negative and space is gravity?

You make me want to jump off a building so that gravity takes over and plunges my brain into cement so that I don't have to think anymore.

Offline Alohascope

• View Profile
There is no atmospheric pressure on the moon .. yet gravity pulls things down.

The straw example:  force of suction above the water is greater than the force of gravity pulling the water down.  If atmospheric pressure kept us down:  atmospheric pressure at our head is less than at our feet .. we should float upwards as if balloons filled with nitrogen or hydrogen.

Offline souzatrain

• First timers
    • View Profile
actually close to the truth... gravity as a force that relates to mass is only partially true but the atmospheric pressure is right on the money...if we believe in the big bang theory then we all recognize that we are expanding and traveling through the universe at a high rate of speed proven by the fact that all things traveling through space spin. Don't believe take a roll of tape and blow shop air over it and it will not only spin but will float.... is this antigravity... yes if you believe traditionally theories... but no. what scientist cant seem to figure out because everyone is stuck on the mass thing is the simple fact that we are moving at a high rate of speed, expanding out into the universe, which causes us to rotate and also causes the effect of an atmosphere. Centripetal force would like to throw of off the planet, yet the pressure of our atmosphere keeps us in place....now think about it ... go outside our atmosphere and you will still stay in syncronic orbit yet are out of the effects of the atmosphere pressing down. why???? if you are out of the gravity field then why is this happening.... because gravity is simply an effect caused by the speed at which we are traveling outward through the universe...the moon does not cause tides by conventional gravity theory, but by disrupting the flow circulation of space and allows a small pocket of disrupted spacial flow and centripetal force allows the oceans to slightly swell....another food for thought... drop a large mass into the water and a smaller mass will follow it down... concentrate...thats really what gravity is when relating to mass..... thats why the sun has the largest pull....its displacing more space ..... causing a great swirl... and the rest of our planets follow..... thank you Archimedes...Gravity is simply a displacement of space...peroid

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Negative attracts negative and space is gravity?

You make me want to jump off a building so that gravity takes over and plunges my brain into cement so that I don't have to think anymore.

If you  only understood the complex of what thinking so hard does to the human brain in DNA activation and raised elevation of heart rate etc.

The trick is not to think, just be, I am just me and I can think for myself without the aid of any books .

Thinking is not trying to recall knowledge, not even knowing knowledge, it is considering what you are thinking about.

Let me help you in thought.

Let's I and you consider any object stationary compared to the  reference frame, i.e an inertial stationary reference frame.

I will add definition for you to consider

inertia-
''2.
PHYSICS
a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.''

In simple terms inertia is the amount of resistance to change of the objects motion.

Ok so far?

The object on the ground we say the objects mass is attracted to the earth's mass.   The mass of the object is the inertia, i.e weight of the object.

According to you , you think that the atmosphere pushes the object to the ground, creating the weight of the object. So you are saying that the mass of the object is defined by the pressure, i.e less pressure , less mass.

However this is not true, you can weight an object, and the  atmospheric pressure even if changing does not change the result on the scales.
Take not , that atmospheric pressure is nothing like in strength to the pressure created inside a canister or a compressor.

Ok so far?

Back to the object on the ground,

We know the object is made of stuff, we know that the stuff can be negative or positive and both equally neg and pos to make neutral.

we also know that the neg of the object is attracted to the pos of the ground, and like wise the pos of the object is attracted to the neg of the ground and vice versus.

So although science does not directly  say the gravity mechanism, they know what it is but associate it with different departments. electrostatic forces etc.

ok?

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length