The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Double laser experiment  (Read 2004 times)

Offline jccc

• View Profile
Double laser experiment
« on: 29/06/2015 05:37:00 »
if you got a letter from a friend, the time stamp is 1800 bc, how old are you now?

i don't know for sure. but i am sure that you knew your friend at/before 1800 bc.

you are the earth, your friend is the far star, light is the letter. gravity is the mailman.

to prove light is gravitational wave produced by exiting/vibrating atoms, i designed this double laser experiment.

Take 2 identical laser pointers with new batteries of the same type. Turn them on and point 1 to sky, 1 to round. Leave them on and see how long the batteries last. (do this a few times so random variations cancel out). Measure for heat dumping, tie a thermometer to each of the laser pointers, and see which one gets warmer.

if light is photon, 2 lasers should use same amount of power and dump same amount of heat.

if light is gravitational wave, the laser point to sky will use less energy or dump more heat.

how do you think?

please share your thoughts and finds.

Great Day!

« Last Edit: 04/07/2015 18:38:49 by jccc »

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: earth is at least as old as the most distant stars
« Reply #1 on: 29/06/2015 13:26:07 »
Yeah, the light is addressed, "dear occupant..."

I don't think your logic here is at all reasonable. Stars aren't sending us messages on purpose, they just radiate light because they're so darn hot. They also couldn't "know" that the Earth was here, even if they could "know" anything--how would they see the Earth? Following your logic, you must be as old as any star you see. Obviously that doesn't make sense. Also, I don't think gravity is the mailman in this analogy.
« Last Edit: 29/06/2015 13:30:30 by chiralSPO »

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2015 13:59:25 »
believe me or not, i knew/predicted you will be the 1st to comment on this idea.

remember the hot water bottle we talked about? you do think more clear and faster.

if the universe has only 2 bottle waters 1 is hot 1 is cold,  at r distance apart, they will become equilibrium, 1/ t=1/r^2.  energy has to be conserved.

em radiation in fact is gravitational radiation, there is not other way to transfer em force.

matters/stars see each other with gravity since day 1 to day 7.

no I disagree. The hot water bottle will radiate infrared and microwave energy until it is arbitrarily cold. While we have no experimental proof that there needs to be something on the other end of the radiation (because we live in a universe full of matter) there is nothing in our understanding that would require anything other than the radiating object for the radiation to exist.

let's think about energy conservation, without other matter exist, where the heat radiation goes?

without other matter exist, there is no gravitation force between the vibrating hot water atoms and the space, the radiation energy/force will bounce back and forth within the hot water bottle.

just my theory, opinion various.
How's going?

have second thought? i do think this is important concept.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: 29/06/2015 14:22:03 by jccc »

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29/06/2015 21:04:45 »
a laser beam, if point at sky without a target, it transfers less energy out the laser gun. the system/gun should use less power or dump more heat.

got a point?

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29/06/2015 22:30:23 »
a laser beam, if point at sky without a target, it transfers less energy out the laser gun. the system/gun should use less power or dump more heat.

got a point?

Sounds like a good experiment. take 2 identical laser pointers with new batteries of the same type. Turn them on and put them in a cardboard box. Cut one hole in the box so one laser beam escapes while the other is absorbed. Leave them on and see how long the batteries last. (do this a few times so random variations cancel out). If you want to control for heat dumping, tie a thermometer to each of the laser pointers, and see which one gets warmer.

On a theoretical note: what do you count as a target? Does it have to absorb the energy, or would a mirror count? how about the air? how far away does something have to be to not count as a target? How does the laser "know" that it is hitting a target or not?

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29/06/2015 22:41:30 »
target is mass/matter, point 1 to sky, 1 to ground.

the atoms in both guns are radiating gravitational waves, the 1 point to ground transfered more energy  to atoms on the ground.

too bad i don't have the toys to play with. hopefully you can try it, report good news asap.
« Last Edit: 30/06/2015 06:51:20 by jccc »

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30/06/2015 19:56:17 »
let's see if in the beginning we have 3 same bottle waters, center 1 is 100 degree C, left 1 is 0 C at 1 meter apart, right 1 is 0 C at 2 meters apart, and that's all the matters in the space. what would happen then?

1. gravity will make them accelerate to each other. slowly.

2. the left 1 will be heat up faster than the right 1.

3. end up every bottle same 33.3333 C after a while.

logically sounding?

if the double laser experiment result is as predicted, does that prove that light is gravitational wave?

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02/07/2015 07:00:08 »
ordered 2 5mW 532nm Mid-open Green Laser Pointer. power by 2 aaa AAA battery.

question, 2 battery 2 x 1.4 wh =2.8 wh, laser is 5mw, so the battery will last 500 plus hours?

looks like need bigger laser?

there is a small flying bug on my screen, smaller than this ",", the wonder of life, wow.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03/07/2015 15:39:46 »
does laser beam able to bend a flame?

does laser beam produce air flow?

if laser beam is beam of photon particles, it would bend flame and produce air flow.

from the videos i saw, never happen. even those high power cutting lasers don't produce air flow, don't bend a flame.

why? if laser beam is photon particle beam?

Offline jccc

• View Profile
Re: Double laser experiment
« Reply #9 on: 03/07/2015 18:31:30 »

100 laser balloon popping

if laser beam is particle beam, the energy of the beam should be the same at different distance.

if laser beam is gravitational wave between the source atoms and the target atoms, the energy of the beam should decay by distance.

look how fast the 1st balloon pops and how slow the last 1 is?

Now are you convinced?

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/07/2015 01:21:12 »
banned me 7 times.

please debunk those people for the sake of science.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/double-laser-experiment.151523/

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04/07/2015 16:04:12 »
jccc, you are the one who needs to be debunked. they banned you because you are spouting nonsense. we are more patient, but that doesn't mean we believe you.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04/07/2015 17:39:12 »
so they don't believe me so banned me?

what nonsense are you talking about?

this idea?  gravity? atomic structure?

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04/07/2015 18:13:15 »
light has been very thoroughly PROVEN to be electromagnetic. If it were not electromagnetic lasers wouldn't work. LEDs wouldn't work. Radios wouldn't work. Computers wouldn't work. Cameras wouldn't work. Eyes wouldn't work. etc.

They probably got tired of you making the same silly arguments over and over and banned you. You should take that seriously, and change your approach.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04/07/2015 18:38:19 »
is gravitational wave able to make those things work?

silly argument?

does laser beam able to bend a flame?

does laser beam produce air flow?

if laser beam is beam of photon particles, it would bend flame and produce air flow.

from the videos i saw, never happen. even those high power cutting lasers don't produce air flow, don't bend a flame.

Offline jccc

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04/07/2015 23:01:19 »
let's see if in the beginning we have 3 same bottle waters, center 1 is 100 degree C, left 1 is 0 C at 1 meter apart, right 1 is 0 C at 2 meters apart, and that's all the matters in the space. what would happen then?

1. gravity will make them accelerate to each other. slowly.

2. the left 1 will be heat up faster than the right 1.

3. end up every bottle same 33.3333 C after a while.

i made mistake above.

only the 3 bottles contact together, they will stay same temperature. if they are separated, like the sun and planets, they will not become same temperature, depends on the distance. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #15 on: 04/07/2015 23:01:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length