The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What do you think of these moon hoax people?  (Read 5807 times)

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of these moon hoax people?
« Reply #25 on: 09/07/2015 12:10:41 »
Quote from: wolfekeeper
The main point is, that they cannot go to the moon.
The real main point is not only are you wrong but its an observed fact that they've been there. At any time, any person with the right equipment can bounce a laser beam of the special mirror they left on the moon. It's used quite often to measure the earth-moon distance.

Please don't post comments like that. This is not a place for religious nonsense. It's a science forum and a religious argument can never be used in a scientific debate. Mostly because all religion is nothing more than mere stories written to make people feel good and behave correctly.
« Last Edit: 09/07/2015 12:15:35 by PmbPhy »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09/07/2015 13:31:49 »
The most amazing thing is that they got to the moon with old technology. If you don't believe they got there then how are you going to justify your faith in a supreme being that never evidences itself in any way whatsoever? There IS evidence of a moon landing.

Offline wolfekeeper

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09/07/2015 15:07:00 »
FYI I'm totally kidding about being a Hare Krishna, but these guys are hilarious, and are one of the main types of moon hoaxers.

Their comments included claims that nobody could go to the moon, because suiting up in spacesuits wasn't, ironically, going to make their bodies 'suitable':

http://kuruvinda.com/MoonHoax.aspx?p=2

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09/07/2015 17:23:53 »
Quote from: wolfekeeper
FYI I'm totally kidding about being a Hare Krishna, ...
Please don't do that. You wasted a good deal of my time doing that crap. Not only do I have to figure out ways of telling some nut that they're wrong but I have to figure out a way to do it so that I don't insult them too much. That's hard to do. And when you do this intentionally just for fun then its even a more serious waste of my time. The more time I spend with liars like you the less time I can spend helping people who have serious questions. Please don't waste peoples time like this ever again.
« Last Edit: 09/07/2015 17:26:36 by PmbPhy »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #28 on: 09/07/2015 17:23:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums