The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: out of curiosity?  (Read 10217 times)

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
Re: out of curiosity?
« Reply #25 on: 28/11/2006 16:29:18 »
Elegantly wasted....sit in the  living room with them....you control the remote so watch the news, a documentary...something that will eliminate the mood...she has to stop this behaviour and respect your wishes...also, cut the long distance off of your phone if possible or tell her she must pay for long distance...take the phone out of the house....yes, you have to be rude as she is being rude to you and taking advantage of you...

hang in there...have to go to work now...

What happens if it's a nature documentary about mating  ;)

She could always get a payphone though, that'll rain on her parade  ;)

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #26 on: 29/11/2006 02:19:21 »
:) you guys are great. and thanks to Loretta for letting me know that I am allowed to be mad (thanks!!)

Anyways, I ended up going home and low and behold, mr new guy (whatever his name is) ended up spending the night. I'm glad I left a pile of dishes in the sink and a box of tampons on the counter (he he)

And of course the problems continue to pile up, such as her friend who was screaming obscenities while I on the phone with my grandmother, and the fact that her stupid cat peed all over my Christmas tree...  I cant wait until August when I can move

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29/11/2006 03:47:47 »
 Sorry things are so tense. I know it can be very stressfull! Good luck until August my dear!

another_someone

« Reply #28 on: 29/11/2006 06:44:11 »
I have to ask whether at the end of the day the rent she is paying will make up for all the costs, but psychological and financial, that she is going to cause you?

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #29 on: 29/11/2006 07:02:19 »
I am having a day at both jobs...requested the rpm to rethink her way of thinking about my raise today after "rave reviews in the excellency of how my reports look monthly" Turned flat down...she gave me another compliment on something else...I just asked her, "does this reflect more money?" She stammered around and said uh, no...Not even 15 mins later this gentleman with a huge railroad company (I won't mention the name)watched me perform during a serious issue and said he wanted to hire me for his company in front of the bosses and I thought they were both going to faint...it was a joy to see them turn pale...hehe  Then they were kissing my behind so much I asked them when they were leaving for the day as I was not able to get my work done with them there and I would like to go home on time today...lol  They finally left after staying much later than normal...I did slip the gentleman my number and he left smiling...I hope it is a position I can perform...???  A fair pay would be nice too...oh, geez, let me throw in no more than 10hrs a day...hmmm, sounds like I am asking for too much, doesn't it?  LOL

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29/11/2006 07:04:20 »
Elegantly wasted....sit in the  living room with them....you control the remote so watch the news, a documentary...something that will eliminate the mood...she has to stop this behaviour and respect your wishes...also, cut the long distance off of your phone if possible or tell her she must pay for long distance...take the phone out of the house....yes, you have to be rude as she is being rude to you and taking advantage of you...

hang in there...have to go to work now...

What happens if it's a nature documentary about mating  ;)

She could always get a payphone though, that'll rain on her parade  ;)

Dan, even the better!  It would serve the young lady right if Elegantly wasted would comment and say such things as, wow, I had no idea gorrillas could do things like that? Or what a technique?  Are you guys going to try that position?  LOL  Embarrass them...yes, the young lady may change her mind about impositioning her when there is no agreement made to as such...

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29/11/2006 07:08:13 »
:) you guys are great. and thanks to Loretta for letting me know that I am allowed to be mad (thanks!!)

Anyways, I ended up going home and low and behold, mr new guy (whatever his name is) ended up spending the night. I'm glad I left a pile of dishes in the sink and a box of tampons on the counter (he he)

And of course the problems continue to pile up, such as her friend who was screaming obscenities while I on the phone with my grandmother, and the fact that her stupid cat peed all over my Christmas tree...  I cant wait until August when I can move

You have a right to be mad...it is your choice...
dishes and tampons a nice touch...hehe

I guess you have to look at how much she costs you with long distance and groceries too...what rent she pays you, does it compensate you enough for this?  Is it worth waiting until August?  Your sanity depends on it...hmmm, there is a thought...buy some depends and put them all over her room before they arrive...awww, what a nice impression that will give the young man...hehe  sorry, I just don't behave when people do things that are not right...do you have a written agreement?  As she could just up and leave you stranded paying rent....

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #32 on: 30/11/2006 03:09:59 »
See the problem isn't her up and leaving one day, its getting rid of her. When I was looking for a roommate, I was looking for exactly that, some one to pay me for the other room, and she wants a best friend. By laws I would have to giver her 60 days notice to kick her out, but those 60 days could be rough, especially when there is no other point than my sanity (fleeting as it may be). I figure in april or may I will ask her if she would like to take over the lease and move out, go live with the sister. I think I can handle five months, I'll just have to start working alot more :)

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
« Reply #33 on: 30/11/2006 03:50:03 »
Meg,

Can I ask you a few questions

Do you really like your apartment?
Is it convenient for work, shops and everything else?
Are you paying a decent amount of rent?

If yes why not fight for it? I realise that if you gave her notice that she would have to move out things could get worse, but in the long run you would be able to have your apartment back he way you like it.

When you said the problem wasn't her leaving it was getting rid of her, did you mean that if she moved out she would still want to stay in touch?
What's so wrong with becoming friends?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30/11/2006 04:58:58 »
 Good point!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30/11/2006 06:12:32 »
Daniel, it could be like a business transaction....my rpm asked me to dinner at a German restaurant after she discovered I can speak a little German and she was talking back to me, which shocked me! I am not sure what her real motive is to invite me out, but I know it is not for no business meeting for sure...but will join her some evening at Adelweis...to just see what is up her sleeve for sure...LOL  I can't be her friend, and will keep it strictly business with her when at work...hehe

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30/11/2006 06:19:00 »
Hummmm does sound like she has something up her sleeve!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30/11/2006 06:51:08 »
I know...I think she wants to dig information out of me...oh, yeah, like I would tell her what is going on?  She may have to take Ida to a Mexican restaurant...it was weird to talk to her in another language...OMG!  I was rusty, she was pretty good...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30/11/2006 06:52:28 »
 I would have fallen onmy face!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30/11/2006 07:00:37 »
I was so shocked she could understand me and she with my rusty German....I was a bit embarrassed and so glad I didn't say anything stupido!  LOL  It is funny in our office as I can speak a few languages German, French, Italiano, Spanish...bossy speaks Spanish, Tarek speaks about 6 different types of Arabic, Indian, and some French....so we all have some fun speaking in other languages at times to confuse one another...hehe  Bossy Spanish is different in some ways with the dialect...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30/11/2006 07:15:20 »
Thats so cool! I am working on my french, but it is slow going!

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
out of curiosity?
« Reply #41 on: 08/03/2007 17:21:12 »
Okay, sorry to bring this up again but she has really outdone herself this time!!! Last saturday night I went out to a bar (Mooses) with some friends from work. This morning at around 7:30am I get a phone call from John, a guy I apparently met saturday night at a DIFFERENT bar!!!!!!!!!!!!Long story short I asked him to describe what "I" look like and he describes my roommate. Now without getting too into details, this man decided to, in the first 10 minutes of talking with him, tell me about how he refuses tohave sex without a condom and describes in detail, the lack of sensation they cause, and then preceeds to tell me about personal details of his "member".

This creeper has my home phone number, from which he can get my address. I am afraid for my safety now.... what do I do???? kick her out??? change my phone number???

Offline elegantlywasted

• View Profile
    • Deviant Art
out of curiosity?
« Reply #42 on: 08/03/2007 17:32:12 »
Okay, so her boyfriend says they were out of town that night... so that means that there is some chick who looks like my roommate giving my phone number to strange men... grrrreat....

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
out of curiosity?
« Reply #43 on: 08/03/2007 18:24:33 »
bless your heartie..change your number!

The Naked Scientists Forum

out of curiosity?
« Reply #43 on: 08/03/2007 18:24:33 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length