The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: If black holes stops time does white hole accelerate time?  (Read 1721 times)

Offline D

• View Profile
If white hole is the reverse of a black hole does it mean that inside the white hole time accelerates? Or time acts differently depending on what type of force affecting time? If gravity drives black holes does it mean that anti gravity something like dark energy drives the white holes? And how would anti gravity effect time?

Offline evan_au

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Strong candidates for black holes have been identified in the centre of many galaxies, and in supernova remnants; the general mechanisms that would lead to their formation and growth are well understood, and these conditions are thought to be fairly common throughout the universe.

"White holes" are a possible solution of Einstein's field equations. For now, white holes remain a purely hypothetical construct, with no candidates identified in the universe today, and no established mechanism which could create and maintain them.

There are suggestions that Hawking radiation from a black hole could represent a white hole, or that the Big Bang may represent a temporary white hole.

Quote from: D
If white hole is the reverse of a black hole does it mean that inside the white hole time accelerates?
According to Einstein, time slows down near a concentrated mass (as measured by a distant observer). So time will be slower near a black hole (or, more subtly, near the surface of the Earth).

My understanding of the theory of white holes is that they are a concentrated mass. So my guess is that time will also slow down in the vicinity of a (hypothetical) white hole.

Offline D

• View Profile
Strong candidates for black holes have been identified in the centre of many galaxies, and in supernova remnants; the general mechanisms that would lead to their formation and growth are well understood, and these conditions are thought to be fairly common throughout the universe.

"White holes [nofollow]" are a possible solution of Einstein's field equations. For now, white holes remain a purely hypothetical construct, with no candidates identified in the universe today, and no established mechanism which could create and maintain them.

There are suggestions that Hawking radiation from a black hole could represent a white hole, or that the Big Bang may represent a temporary white hole.

Quote from: D
If white hole is the reverse of a black hole does it mean that inside the white hole time accelerates?
According to Einstein, time slows down near a concentrated mass (as measured by a distant observer). So time will be slower near a black hole (or, more subtly, near the surface of the Earth).

My understanding of the theory of white holes is that they are a concentrated mass. So my guess is that time will also slow down in the vicinity of a (hypothetical) white hole.

i thought the same thing since there's has to be a lot of mass but all that mass is being push out with incredible force maybe by more gravity or anti gravity or perhaps something ales. so now there's the force of the gravity pulling stuff towards the mass and different force(maybe also gravity) pushing that mass away from the white hole. i don't know if the same rules what aply here As they would when gravity pulling in just one direction
« Last Edit: 15/07/2015 17:32:42 by D »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
It is highly unlikely that gravity is the force that would drive a white hole. More likely a critical density is reached within the confines of a black hole where the electromagnetic forces overcome gravitation for some as yet unknown reason. It could be an imbalance in the distribution of quark charge. This repulsive effect would still be operating under the influence of extreme time dilation. In the frame of reference of the white hole this would be undetectable as proper time would be unaffected. It would seem to a remote observer to take forever for the expansion whereas from the white hole frame it could appear that the outward motion approaches light speed.

Offline D

• View Profile
It is highly unlikely that gravity is the force that would drive a white hole. More likely a critical density is reached within the confines of a black hole where the electromagnetic forces overcome gravitation for some as yet unknown reason. It could be an imbalance in the distribution of quark charge. This repulsive effect would still be operating under the influence of extreme time dilation. In the frame of reference of the white hole this would be undetectable as proper time would be unaffected. It would seem to a remote observer to take forever for the expansion whereas from the white hole frame it could appear that the outward motion approaches light speed.

I see thanks for that I also learn something new today quark charge defiantly sounds fascinating

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums