The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: It is always absolute darkness and never light.  (Read 741 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
It is always absolute darkness and never light.
« on: 13/07/2015 15:06:09 »
Yes here we go again, and yes I am saying to all of you who are presently witnessing day time and light, that it is actually absolute darkness.

In a simple thought experiment, 

scenario - You and a star are the only matter in the visual universe. you are an orbiting body around the star, your back is always facing the star, your front is always in shadow. You see nothing, relative to you it is dark.

Offline chiralSPO

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: It is always absolute darkness and never light.
« Reply #1 on: 13/07/2015 15:28:43 »
In this extreme and simple thought experiment, I suppose you could claim that the observer would not observe any light. But it isn't even worth delving deeply into this model to see what the predicitions might be because it really is not applicable to our present situation in any way--there are many (trillions!) of objects in our visible universe that emit or reflect light; we don't face directly away from the sun, and our own atmosphere scatters some light back to us even in the darkest of night.

So why invoke a model that ignores all of the aspects important to the amount of light actually available to us as observers?

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13/07/2015 15:39:36 »

So why invoke a model that ignores all of the aspects important to the amount of light actually available to us as observers?

Firstly I consider reality is the best science.  Secondly these millions of different matter is expanding away, in the future it will expand beyond our visual limits, the visual universe, will ''collapse''/''contract'' to a visual radius of only the milky way.
Also I expect that I am the first person to consider that light is actually dark.  And I consider I have valid reasons to believe this.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 13/07/2015 15:39:36 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums