The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Do we see matter only by observation of fluctuations in the constant of c?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Light is said to reflect off matter into our eyes and this is what gives us the ability to see matter.
The physical light constant of c  in a perfect vacuum is always constant unless by interference by humans.
I would like to propose that the definition of transparent ,
 ''of a material or article) allowing light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen.''
for the purpose of this question, I would like to include EMR/light itself of use of the term, on the basis that light allows sight to pass through it , un-obstructed. In a volume of space with no visible matter EMR has no obstruction to sight and allows us to see through the radiation.
I assume in the space that the constant of c does not change as there is no interference by space itself.

So to my question, do we see objects through the radiation by detecting interference of EMR when it comes into contact with matter changing the constant of c by propagation of EMR allowing us to see the constant change?

(light is transparent and we simply just see through it rather than light reflecting into our eyes, which I would associate with a glare).

« Last Edit: 31/07/2015 20:01:32 by Thebox »

Online evan_au

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: TheBox
do we see objects ... with matter changing the constant of c?
The constant c is "the speed of light in a vacuum".
By definition, there is no matter in a vacuum, so matter can't change the constant c.

However, light does travel at a lower speed than c through transparent materials (like glass), causing diffraction and reflection of light; it can also break up light into a rainbow. If it wasn't for these effects, we would probably collide with glass windows and doors more often.

do we see objects by detecting interference of EMR [light] when it comes into contact with matter?
Yes, some of the types of "interference" that non-transparent matter causes with light include:
  • Reflection: For mirror-like materials like metals
  • Absorption: For black materials like carbon powder
  • Frequency-selective absorption: For coloured materials like yellow sulphur or purple iodine solution
  • Phosphorescence: Absorbing light at one frequency and re-radiating it at a lower frequency, like phosphorus
  • Interference: thin coloured films like soap or oil on water

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: TheBox
do we see objects ... with matter changing the constant of c?
The constant c is "the speed of light in a vacuum".
By definition, there is no matter in a vacuum, so matter can't change the constant c.

However, light does travel at a lower speed than c through transparent materials (like glass), causing diffraction and reflection of light; it can also break up light into a rainbow. If it wasn't for these effects, we would probably collide with glass windows and doors more often.

do we see objects by detecting interference of EMR [light] when it comes into contact with matter?
Yes, some of the types of "interference" that non-transparent matter causes with light include:
  • Reflection: For mirror-like materials like metals
  • Absorption: For black materials like carbon powder
  • Frequency-selective absorption: For coloured materials like yellow sulphur or purple iodine solution
  • Phosphorescence: Absorbing light at one frequency and re-radiating it at a lower frequency, like phosphorus
  • Interference: thin coloured films like soap or oil on water

So would you agree that light emitted in a dark vacuum will allow the dark to become ''transparent'' relative to sight?

(The dark allows the light to pass through it).

Would the dark be a constant to all observers, (a situation that does not change) and also when adding light the ''transparent'' of dark is also constant to all observers?

added- also when in the dark, remains cbmr, cbmr does not have the intensity or spectral frequency to allow humans sight , but it exists in the dark, does cbmr a ''dark'' energy, allow light to pass through it?

(cbmr is between all masses)

logically it is in the way of Photons, I consider it is your aether you have been looking for and is simply increased in magnitude by the stars?

« Last Edit: 04/08/2015 11:21:50 by Thebox »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
See TOE fun the section where i go over what light is there is a lot of misunderstandings ref what light is. I think I have cleared it up. :)

I have read some of your thread and it is not related to what I am talking about, no offence but your thread sounds confusing  and a bit excitable on your part, new theory section is not considered for ''fun''.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums