The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Free energy by thermodynamics technique of air compression.  (Read 811 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I may be talking out of my backside, but I have an idea that a volume of compressed air has a greater entropy than ''loose'' air.   The compressed air having a greater density per mm≥ than the ''loose'' air. 

In my assumption I assume that a greater entropy of an isolated volume of compressed air can absorb more energy per mm≥ than ''loose'' air.   In my idea I am thinking this will create more heat per mm≥ and create some sort  of kinetic energy/thermal activity, so in saying that , what happens if we had a volume of compressed air contained with transparent sides, top and bottom, a transparent cube, would  there be a thermal increase inside the volume as the air tried to expand by using sunlight as the ''charger''?

added- because if passing a magnet through a copper coil makes electricity, then surely if we can slow light down by creating a ''compressed air light vacuum'', and adding a copper coil, the electromagnetic light , will be the same as passing  a magnet through a coil

So in short,

compressed air in a transparent containment
A copper coil in side the containment
propagate the light by increased density of air creating a greater refractive index slowing down the magnetic force passing through.
« Last Edit: 05/08/2015 10:29:45 by Thebox »

Offline McQueen

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/natureoflight/pgindex
Just one question why mm3?

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
You are asking if sunlight can heat air, to which the answer is "a bit", and whether denser air would absorb more radiation, to which the answer is "yes".  But air is a very poor absorber, so you would do better to let the sunlight heat a black surface which then transers heat to the air by convection.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Just one question why mm3?

mm≥ seemed a small enough measurement to be used for compressed air.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
You are asking if sunlight can heat air, to which the answer is "a bit", and whether denser air would absorb more radiation, to which the answer is "yes".  But air is a very poor absorber, so you would do better to let the sunlight heat a black surface which then transers heat to the air by convection.

I want to use the compressed airs density to slow down the light enough for propagation to use the electromagnetic part of light to pass through a copper coil making electricity, a sort of light motor.
because a magnetic force passing through a copper coil makes electricity.

« Last Edit: 05/08/2015 23:48:04 by Thebox »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums