The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: A novel excuse for not going in to work  (Read 5598 times)

another_someone

A novel excuse for not going in to work
« on: 29/11/2006 01:39:05 »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6190772.stm
A South African man has been fined $140 for taking a week off work, telling his employers he was pregnant.

Charles Sibindana, 27, stole a certificate from a clinic during his pregnant girlfriend's checkup, a court near Johannesburg heard.

He then added his own details to the note and submitted it and took seven days off work, seemingly unaware that only women consult gynaecologists.

His employers became suspicious and investigated the matter.

On passing sentence Magistrate Bruno Van Eeden warned Mr Sibindana "not to walk around faking sick letters from gynaecologists" as if he was pregnant, the South African Press Association news agency reported.

Offline iko

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: A novel excuse for not going in to work
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2006 13:44:52 »
Certainly a really extreme case of calling in sick.
But if I think about it, when you cheat, simulate a disease, you know what you're doing to your boss and colleagues. When people are allowed to cheat in this context, they go on simulating to extreme levels.  Maybe there is a secret feeling of being so smart in doing so. Afterall, they could have easily missed it in the piles of documents to be processed.
The judge should condemn him to go and work when he's really sick in the next 5yrs.

ikod
« Last Edit: 05/12/2006 13:47:46 by iko »

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/12/2006 15:56:35 »
When people are allowed to cheat in this context, they go on simulating to extreme levels.  Maybe there is a secret feeling of being so smart in doing so. Afterall, they could have easily missed it in the piles of documents to be processed.
I would add that, in my opinion, it can happen only when someone believes to be smarter than his boss.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #3 on: 18/12/2006 06:26:28 »
LOL  Oh, I have a classic one on our past ACM...she called in as she had a sunburn on her buttocks!  LOL

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #3 on: 18/12/2006 06:26:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums