The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: What are the characteristics of a normal female genital discharge?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can female discharge be white in colour, odourless, and taste salty (saltier than sea water) if they haven't had sex for 2 days? ie it looked and tasted like seamen. Basically, is my girl cheating? She is aged 40, not menopausal and had eaten Samphire (seaweed) the night before.
« Last Edit: 13/09/2015 13:16:09 by chris »

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
Most women produce genital secretions, known as physiological discharge, the characteristics of which in terms of quantity, texture, colour and odour, vary across the menstrual cycle and from one person to the next.  This is perfectly healthy and normal and is in no way an indication of indiscreet activity.

On the other hand, if the characteristics of the discharge change abruptly to a state that is not normal for that person, this can be an indicator that something is wrong. A range of conditions, and infections, can manifest this way. So if a change has occurred, this might warrant medical investigation and treatment.

Offline Franklin_Uhuru

• View Profile
So this is what passes for sex education in England? Sounds like Arkansas to me.

This would be a good teaching opportunity to expound on the wisdom of vaccination among men for HPV virus. I suspect this gentleman has not had much opportunity for exposure to date - or he would not require medical advice.

There is a good chance that he can lower the portcullis before he becomes another carrier of this potentially deadly virus.

PS: If you are having sex with a woman whose fidelity you doubt, you are asking for a ticket to stiff city -- even with AIDS retroviral therapy. You are seeing this from the quondam TB-HIV counselor of San Diego county.

Remember, wrap your meat.

Offline LoneWolf

• First timers
    • View Profile
Can you put that in layman's terms please. Her friends are saying I mustnt have been with many partners, all my partners have been in their 20s, my new partner is 40 so anything that can happen in a woman of that age is new to me. She has never been like that before which is why im concerned of her fidelity, but she has messaged her friends asking them about it (shes showed me the conversation) and they are saying its natural. Its just ive never seen anything like it. if something looks like seamen, feels like it and tastes like it. . . . . What are the chances it isnt it.
« Last Edit: 13/09/2015 21:02:25 by LoneWolf »

Offline Franklin_Uhuru

• View Profile
Sir,

It is difficult to be more explicit in this family forum, but I will try.

It would require the palate of a top sommelier for you to taste the seamen [sic] in your partner unless you were directly participating in what vulgar persons call a "Queen Sandwich".

But you are missing the larger points in my reply.

A) You should get vaccinated against the HPV virus to make sure that you do not risk the oral cancer it may cause ( As in Michael Douglas ) or exposing your partner to the risk of cervical cancer (as Catherine Zeta- Jones has been). If this remains obscure to you then take it to your local physician and ask them to explain it.

B) In 2015 if you are not securely fluid bonded to your partner, you are rolling the dice. You should use a condom - if you are not fluid bonded - as if your life (and her life) depended upon it --- which it well may.  If you must go "bareback" then you should start preventively taking daily doses of Truvada AIDS prophylaxis --- and hope that its early promise is not an illusion.

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length